Latest Trek you've watched

BACYLON

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've nearly finished Season 1 of TNG, the hard decision now is whether to purchase Season 2 of TNG or DS9?

Everyone will have different views on that :D . Personally I will always say to someone if you only plan on watching one of the Trek series then ensure it is DS9.

That said, TNG is very good and you have just completed it's weakest season. If you enjoyed that, then rest assured it gets a lot better storywise and with character development.

I've nearly finished Season 1 of TNG, the hard decision now is whether to purchase Season 2 of TNG or DS9?

DS9 is a better series IMO, although early TNG and DS9 aren't firing on all cylinders, DS9 gets better earlier I feel, both good though

ps I cant believe tony has replaced his double kiss avatar!!

ps I cant believe tony has replaced his double kiss avatar!!

LOL - I'm sure that wil return at some point.

But for now - the forum gets to read the thoughts of Tony 'No more mister nice Gaius' Baltar for a while!

:D and besides, Trisha hates to share!! :D

Edited by TonytheCylon

Ended up taking advantage of an HMV offer where I got £5 off if I spent £30. I ordered DS9 S2 and VOY S5 along with the Clone Wars movie and Barbarella to bump up the price to the £30 threshold. I don't hold out much hope for the Clone Wars or Barbarella, but they were free... :blink:

Ended up taking advantage of an HMV offer where I got £5 off if I spent £30. I ordered DS9 S2 and VOY S5 along with the Clone Wars movie and Barbarella to bump up the price to the £30 threshold. I don't hold out much hope for the Clone Wars or Barbarella, but they were free... :blink:

er excuse me, arnt we forgetting something?

also VGR over tng?

I've still got some Who to watch, and it's also pretty funny drawing out my purchase of The War Games, if only because it annoys Rob :blink:

also VGR over tng?

Yeah, I watch Voyager with my girlfriend, but she doesn't really watch the others so I've progressed through it a lot faster. I'm one of those rare people who like Voyager best though :D

I've still got some Who to watch, and it's also pretty funny drawing out my purchase of The War Games, if only because it annoys Rob :wub:

also VGR over tng?

Yeah, I watch Voyager with my girlfriend, but she doesn't really watch the others so I've progressed through it a lot faster. I'm one of those rare people who like Voyager best though :P

your're just denying youself the chance to see greatness!! watching voyager before doctor who the war games is madness lol

Insanity

vgr? ;):blink::D

VGR was a massive wasted opportunity with too much techno babble and a cheat of an ending, I remember the trailers, someone will die young, some heroes die young, stuff like that, what? liars!!!

I do love the episode Timeless though from series 5, that and a few others always stand out as gooduns in an overall disapointing series

ds9 is the best series though imo

Edited by timelord81r

Please don't talk about the ending of Voyager, I've managed to pretty much keep away from spoilers of all sorts so it will be genuine surprise what happens. Obviously I have a bit of an idea, but I'm looking forward to seeing it all in order :)

It really is brilliant though, especially the 2-parters, Scorpion, The Killing Game, Year of Hell etc :whistling:

Please don't talk about the ending of Voyager, I've managed to pretty much keep away from spoilers of all sorts so it will be genuine surprise what happens. Obviously I have a bit of an idea, but I'm looking forward to seeing it all in order :)

It really is brilliant though, especially the 2-parters, Scorpion, The Killing Game, Year of Hell etc :D

the 2 parters are stronger in vgr than most of the single eps. especially the ones you mentioned

the finale is a cheat of an episode, though ive put it down alot so u might see it and love it as ive lowered ur expectations lol.

but vgr cant touch DS9 or TNG or even ENT I feel

VGR was a massive wasted opportunity with too much techno babble
Techno babble in Star Trek...who would have suspected that? :YAHOO:

Joking aside, I have recently watched Voyager, then DS9, and am now watching TNG, and I can't say that I have noticed any of them having a higher content of techno babble than the others.

VGR was a massive wasted opportunity with too much techno babble
Techno babble in Star Trek...who would have suspected that? :YAHOO:

Joking aside, I have recently watched Voyager, then DS9, and am now watching TNG, and I can't say that I have noticed any of them having a higher content of techno babble than the others.

yer but the others balance it out with other things better, VGR "seemed" to use it too much and as a get out of jail free card.

despite that point, it was still a wasted opp, starfleet and marqis working together far from home? a season or 2 in and only 1 real conflict ep and all is pretty much hunky doory. chekotay after like 1 ep is janeways B, lol

a criminal pilot? not really explored (that I remember) ?

the borg became easier to beat

being able to communicate with earth later on reduced the suspense.

too much blah, too easy too often and a poor finale.

saying this, there were some stand out brilliant eps as mentioned above and the crew (aside neelix lol) was VERY strong both character and actor wise.

it should of been tougher for them I felt, I felt similar about ENT early on also for different reasons.