Party Themes

showmasters

help! just out of curiosity what time did the parties end last year?

Not sure about the friday as I sneaked off to bed like a lightwait aftert about midnight. On the sunday I think they even turned the lights off in the con area hoping people would take the hint and go aweay but that didnt work. Think I managed two or three hours sleep max on sunday before I had to get out the hotel.

My point is that you can leave the party when you want but if you want to - the party can last til the next day

awesome! no sleep til monday then :wacko::dance:

thanks for your help :)

Just keep in mind you dont want to look like a hungover crazy drunk person in yours pics(well not the ones with the celebs anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!) ha ha :dance:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help! just out of curiosity what time did the parties end last year?

Not sure about the friday as I sneaked off to bed like a lightwait aftert about midnight. On the sunday I think they even turned the lights off in the con area hoping people would take the hint and go aweay but that didnt work. Think I managed two or three hours sleep max on sunday before I had to get out the hotel.

My point is that you can leave the party when you want but if you want to - the party can last til the next day

awesome! no sleep til monday then :wacko::dance:

thanks for your help :)

Just keep in mind you dont want to look like a hungover crazy drunk person in yours pics(well not the ones with the celebs anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!) ha ha :YAHOO:

but thats how i look anyway :o tee hee heee

No, it's just a 'chill out' party which is a more relaxed one.

Only themes for Fri/Sat.

i like the idea of wearing PJ's sunday night :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It's unusual these days for the party themes to be announced on the website for any ME con, tbh. I discovered the forums in the first place cos I was looking for the themes for Hub 2, and saw the 'forums' link and thought, 'well, there's the place to ask about them, I suppose.'

Guess ME are just assuming all of their attendees will take that same initiative. (The majority of people at the parties at cons I've been to do seem to have found the themes, so it seems to work okay.)

It's unusual these days for the party themes to be announced on the website for any ME con, tbh. I discovered the forums in the first place cos I was looking for the themes for Hub 2, and saw the 'forums' link and thought, 'well, there's the place to ask about them, I suppose.'

Guess ME are just assuming all of their attendees will take that same initiative. (The majority of people at the parties at cons I've been to do seem to have found the themes, so it seems to work okay.)

but for roadhouse II they did.......:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too poor to be able to afford more than one costume, so I'm making one and doubling it up - Dr. Saunders (Amy Acker version!) from Dollhouse. Complete with labcoat which works for the Initiative party, and just general awesomeness I think. :headscratch:

Question though, I'm travelling there from home every day, and probably won't have time while at the con to apply the makeup scars. Would there be other people walking around during the middle of the day (ie. not at the parties) in costume? Or would I look a bit ridiculous? :blink:

I'm too poor to be able to afford more than one costume, so I'm making one and doubling it up - Dr. Saunders (Amy Acker version!) from Dollhouse. Complete with labcoat which works for the Initiative party, and just general awesomeness I think. ;)

Question though, I'm travelling there from home every day, and probably won't have time while at the con to apply the makeup scars. Would there be other people walking around during the middle of the day (ie. not at the parties) in costume? Or would I look a bit ridiculous? :D

last year there have been people walking in their vampire costumes the whole saturday. so i think you would not be the only one in costume. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

u can go in dollhouse pjs if u like :) we just thought it wud be a good idea as its chill and u know the dolls walk round in pjs half the time, theres also the eps off buffy with the pjs n sleepovers..eg..yummy sushi pjs?x x

ye i sore that i was just hoping that i had missed something, pj party dosent really fit would be cool if it was dollhouse themed then pjs would work and people could were other things if they wanted

I really have no pyjamas which I would be happy to venture out in public in... so if you don't want to wear them you won't be the only one in 'normal' attire :P