MUGGLE MAYHEM 2 CANCELLED

Massive Events

So why did it fail? You would think that a Potter convention, given the massive fanbase in the UK, would be in convention terms a home run!

Was it the lineup, the location, time of year, the change of dates, the lack of permanent advertising on sites that were supporting it, or the 2 other conventions being held on the same weekend?

So why did it fail? You would think that a Potter convention, given the massive fanbase in the UK, would be in convention terms a home run!

Was it the lineup, the location, time of year, the change of dates, the lack of permanent advertising on sites that were supporting it, or the 2 other conventions being held on the same weekend?

I knew a few people who were waiting for a bigger guest announcement, and some others who couldn't make the new date.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm sorry for the ones with a ticket.. but about the guests.. I've heard it many times that you will get the guests on another event.. hayden, emerson, quinto.. and none of them attended.. ??

There's a huge difference between these UK based guests and the big US based guests you're talking about.

They are all still working actors in the US, so where as the UK people only need one or two days off to attend, these US guests need at least 5 days. That can be hard when they are still in demand.

I doubt there would be a MM next year... with the failure of this one it seems very doubtful that they'd do another HP event next year to me. :/ But of course, I don't know that, that's just me speculating. :clap:

You may be speculating right there :*( eventhough I hope they may get bigger guests next year and make HP Con then. As someone said HP has a huge fanbase here an it is British. One can hope right...

Most people I heard of didn't buy tickets due to the "bad" guests as they called it. True I would have liked to see Devon Murray or Louis Cardice or Phelp Twins but I think Greyback was a great add to the others, I'd still have come to MM2 (booked ticket before first guest was announced) as it would have still been fun with other HP lovers.

Just a shame they try get them for London as always everything is down there, nothing is ever up near Manchester and not everyone can always travel and stay South, besides the 5 guests photos and autographes will be much more then at MM2 and no parties, auction etc. :dance::D

Edited by Draco Malfoy