MUGGLE MAYHEM 2 CANCELLED

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

We are very sorry to have to inform you that due to extremely low ticket sales we are having to cancel Muggle Mayhem 2! :D

We will be trying to reschedule all the guests into COLLECTORMANIA LONDON over the weekend of 27th / 28th November so that you do still at least have the opportunity to meet them.

All tickets will be refunded to the card they were purchased on. Should there be any problems with doing that we will contact you directly.

Anyone with a booking at The Park Inn Hotel should call them to cancel. You will not be charged a cancellation fee by the hotel. Their number is 01234 799988.

Once again, we are extremely sorry that the event will not be going ahead. We had hoped that ticket sales would improve and that we would be able to give you a great weekend of all things Harry Potter.

The Massive Events Team

Bummer :lol:

What happens if we payed for our tickets by cash at MM1? I was fine as I paid by card but my friend (LisaMarie on here) paid for hers in cash. I know she still has the reciept though.

Hopefully if they get the guests for CM London they'll be there on the Sunday as that's the only day I can make it! :D

• Showmasters Admin

Bummer :lol:

What happens if we payed for our tickets by cash at MM1? I was fine as I paid by card but my friend (LisaMarie on here) paid for hers in cash. I know she still has the reciept though.

Hopefully if they get the guests for CM London they'll be there on the Sunday as that's the only day I can make it! :D

We will get in contact and probably arrange to send a cheque as refund.

Mark

i knew it. I said it's gonna be cancelled...No way!!!! Gutted! Had someone fly in from Germany spending quite an amount on the flight and i live up north so yeah... She will have spent £150 for nothing :-( Why reschedule guests to london? Not everyone can afford London and that close to Christmas (November) not happy. I kbow those things happen but it's such a shame... oh well... Nothing we can do. I am sure with one of the guests that were suggested there would have been more ticket sales. Hope you'll do a Muggle Mayhem next year...

• Moderators

Why reschedule guests to london?

I think it's better that people are given the option to meet them elsewhere than not at all.

And to be honest, wherever they rescheduled them to, someone would've missed out. So there's no real reason not to reschedule them for London.

Sad news to hear.

I know a lot of people couldnt go due to the date change (myself included). I dont think september is a particularly good time for cons, but thats just my observation.

At least Muggle Mayhem 1 will still remain my favourite of all the SM/ME cons Ive been to.

Oh well may decide to upgrde at The Hub now that I have extra cash then :).

I'm sorry to be the bearer of further bad news in this topic, but normally ticket upgrades are not possible.

You can e-mail the store at info@collectormania.com if there's any exceptions I am not aware of for The Hub, just in case they know something I don't. But the standard rule is no upgrades.

Oh well may decide to upgrde at The Hub now that I have extra cash then :).

I'm sorry to be the bearer of further bad news in this topic, but normally ticket upgrades are not possible.

You can e-mail the store at info@collectormania.com if there's any exceptions I am not aware of for The Hub, just in case they know something I don't. But the standard rule is no upgrades.

Ah no I haven't purchased it yet, just meant I have the option to go for a beter programme :), although unfortunately I am not a fan of having my picture taken it's only the convention photo that interests me B).

Poor Talie.

Absolutely devo'd =[ Had the days booked off work and everything, I actually can't portray how gutted I am, I know it's not SM'sters fault but I've been looking forward to this SO much, please please please times one million get these guys for collectormania.

Actually heart broken =[ lol everything I want seems to eff up con wise haha </3

Cheeky Q lmao for those that were/planning to goto MM if all five get announced for CM can we get a bundle deal? haha =[ cus for five autos/photos it's gonna cost like 100-150 with nae parties =[

Edited by Talie

gutted for the attendees but better for those of us who couldnt afford a smaller con and will be attending CM:London ?

i guess theres a few cons been cancelled now :smile:

True in one case I suppose... but I've been informed that if you add up the prices of auto + photo for each guest bought separately at CM:L it'll most likely cost more than the Silver ticket for the weekend of MM2.

And I don't just do these events for the autos/photos. ;)

Oh well, lets hope this doesn't spell the end of SM/ME HP cons. :(

Guessing I won't be getting all of their autographs/photos if they end up doing them at CM:L then. Expensiveeeeeee. How sad, and it was going to be my first convention with a gold pass, too :(.

On the plus side, I won't have to go into my overdraft for the hotel and I may now be able to see my boyfriend before October due to the free weekend...silver linings and all that xD.