GHOSTWATCH and ghost watching

Indiana

Does anyone remember a BBC Screen One play back in 1992 called 'Ghostwatch'? It was written as if we, the audeience, were supposed to be watching a Crimewatch style programme investigating Ghosts on Halloween night 1992.

The show had Michael Parkinson as the host in the studio with Mike Smith, and Sarah Greene and Craig Charles on the OB at the supposed haunted house.

During the course of the show the ghost 'Pipes' would appear hidden in the shadows and ghostly activity escalated until Sarah Greene was sucked into a salt cellar and the OB lost its broadcast. The spirits then entered the studio and possessed Michael Parkinson who recited rhyme in a possessed voice.

At the time the show caused uproar as many believed it to be true coverage of actual Poltergiest activity, but viewing it now it is obvious that it is just a play. However the BBC received so many complaints that it has never been broadcast again to this day. (Though it is now out on VHS and DVD in most shops, and if not through the BFI).

Although, when first broadcast I didn't know what it was all about and just randomly set the video to tape it. I went out to a club with my brother and our mates and when we got back, worse the wear for drink, we decided to watch it. I'd missed the beginning minute or so through bad timekeeping by the BBC (they started it earlier than expected), so I thought that it was real.

As the events escalated my brother, our friends and I, all sat there stunned as the chaos believing every bit of it lol! I just wondered if anyone else had seen it.

On the subject of Ghost Watching, as Vamps will testify, I like to occassional watch these Living TV webbroadcasts of (allegedly) haunted locations from the Most Haunted Live shows, and will probably be watching again next time they do their next event. Does anyone else watch these or any other ghostcam broadcasts? Have you ever seen anything? And on the next Living TV webcast shall we all have a massive online ghost watch?

Tell me your thoughts, and any ghost stories you might have.

Obi-Wan :lol:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do remember watching ghostwatch, but only very vaguely. it was good from what i can remember but i dont think i was scared. i think it was on one of those greatest tv shows of all time on channel 4 or something because i remember watching it there. i also do watch the living tv most haunuted shows and i always like to have a look at the webcams during the course of the show but havent seen anything so far. ive always loved the paranormal, it might have something to do with the fact i saw a ghost when i was about 11.

OMG I remember watching Ghostwatch, it scared the s*** out of me!!!LOL

I have also watched Most Haunted including the live shows. Only once on the webcams though coz it freaked me out. I am sooo glad i didnt see anything coz i think i may have had a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should all link up on msn and go ghost watching next time it's on. Which will probably be Easter now.

Obi-Wan :(

I'd be up for that, I love all that stuff.

I watch Most Haunted all the time, I am just upset I have not seen anything on the web cams on their live events yet!!!!

I am so glad that someone actually remembers that Ghost Watching programme, I thought it was absolutely wicked. At te time it was on, I was only little and it scared the crap out of me. But it was still good. Wasn't it centered around a couple of young girls as well???

I would so love to see that again!!!!!!!

Anyway yes Obi does do ghost watching, I've been occasionaly doing it with him on the internet (NO NOT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-I can't think of another phrase, I got a headache). But you know what I mean. Its quite good, but I'm yet to see if anything, I can't remember if Obi has or not though!!!!!

I am so glad that someone actually remembers that Ghost Watching programme, I thought it was absolutely wicked.  At te time it was on, I was only little and it scared the crap out of me.  But it was still good.  Wasn't it centered around a couple of young girls as well???

Anyway yes Obi does do ghost watching, I've been occasionaly doing it with him on the internet (NO NOT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-I can't think of another phrase, I got a headache).  But you know what I mean.  Its quite good, but I'm yet to see if anything, I can't remember if Obi has or not though!!!!!

Well you might want to know that Ghostwatch is now available for purchase from play.com. Here's the cover.

110037m.jpg

Go to play and type in ghostwatch to find the DVD. Go on, scare yourselves silly!

So we're all up for a real Ghostwatch next time living does one are we? I'll let you all know the details here as soon as I know them. I did see what I thought was hands throwing stuff over a balcony on one episode when they filmed in an abandoned hotel in London, and after I saw this it turned out that the show said that someone had thrown themselves from the very spot on the stairs where I had seen the hands! But that's about it. I do have a few personal ghost encounter stories, but let's hear some of yours first if you have any.

Obi-Wan :firedevil:

Edited by obi-wan

My story is............

I was babysitting a few years ago and I was on the phone to my mum. I heard running down the stairs so I looked round the corner but no one was there!!!

The girls were both fast asleep (and I did make sure they were).

I always had the feeling someone was behind me wherever I went in the house.

Also the girls bedroom would often smell of pipe smoke but not all the time, apparently the owner who was an old man would sit in this room and smoke!!!!

I baby sat there many times (even stayed the night!!) and so many little things happened.

There was something there in that house but I cant explain what it was, dont know if it was a ghost though!! :D

Good tale. I have at least 3 stories that I can tell happened to me personally...but I'm gonna keep you all waiting until we have some more ghost experiences on here. (And keep it ghosts please, no UFO's or Loch Ness sightings, thanks!)

Obi-Wan :yoda:

I am so glad that someone actually remembers that Ghost Watching programme, I thought it was absolutely wicked.  At te time it was on, I was only little and it scared the crap out of me.  But it was still good.  Wasn't it centered around a couple of young girls as well???

Anyway yes Obi does do ghost watching, I've been occasionaly doing it with him on the internet (NO NOT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-I can't think of another phrase, I got a headache).  But you know what I mean.  Its quite good, but I'm yet to see if anything, I can't remember if Obi has or not though!!!!!

Well you might want to know that Ghostwatch is now available for purchase from play.com. Here's the cover.

110037m.jpg

Go to play and type in ghostwatch to find the DVD. Go on, scare yourselves silly!

So we're all up for a real Ghostwatch next time living does one are we? I'll let you all know the details here as soon as I know them. I did see what I thought was hands throwing stuff over a balcony on one episode when they filmed in an abandoned hotel in London, and after I saw this it turned out that the show said that someone had thrown themselves from the very spot on the stairs where I had seen the hands! But that's about it. I do have a few personal ghost encounter stories, but let's hear some of yours first if you have any.

Obi, how annoyed am I, I don't even have a credit card, and my other half won't let me use his - stingy LOL.

I'll have to have a look, see if you can get it in the shops aywhere. I would so love to this again!!!!!!!

If you can't get it in stores, though I believe HMV has it, try calling the BFI (British Film Institute) as I'm sure they will take a cheque on mail order.

It's quite fun actually spotting 'Pipes' throughout the programme reflected in doors and stood in the crowd.

Me and my mum used to live in a cottage in the grounds of Claydon House, as my mum used to work in the walled garden.

When she was working I was sometimes in the house on my own while she worked round the corner, this was when I was about nine.

Anyway, a couple of times I heard movement and would say something like "mum is that you" (true horror film style), and I would get no reply.

It was an old house though so it did have quirky noises.

But when we finally moved from the house, my Mum told me that the day we moved in one of the other people she worked with told her about the ghost of an old man who used to sit at the bottom of the stairs and smoke his pipe.

And apparently you could sometimes see smoke in the corner (the stairs had been moved sometime before we got there) of the room and smell pipe smoke.

I have to admit I never did though!

I also had a spooky experience once when I was staying at a friends house, she lived in a very old house. When we had gone to bed I thought I felt really cold soft hands moving up my legs.

I could see that there was nobody there (there was nothing dodgy going on!) My nightdress rucked up as well though, so I wasnt imagining it.

Then I freaked out and sort of rubbed my legs like you do when a spider runs up them! In a hysterical manner, and nothing happened after that!

I want to hear your other stories as well.

Oh and on a different subject - My Mum once saw a UFO and she has also done the ouija board and got frightening results (when she was younger).

By the way some people may think thats quite alot of stuff to happen but my Mum is seriously not the kind to make things up. I can go into the Ouija thing a bit better if you guys are interested, but I will have to ask my mum about it a little bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember ghostwatch, unfortunately my friends and i being the gullible teens we were thought it was real until playground gossip provided us with the truth.

my family is filled with stories of the supernatural kind.

my grandmother sees and hears things,

my mother has had a few encounters in our current house, a small girl praying and a man in a camel coat sitting on the end of her bed.

my sisters have both heard noises where there shouldn't have been any,

and i have had a couple myself, when i was about 3 my family were all sqeezed into a car (children, parents and grandparents) and as we drove past a farm i told everyone about the farm i used to live on and the horses i used to have, the thing is i have never lived on a farm or ever owned a horse.

another time when i was about 6 or 7 i was playing hide and seek in my house and hid upstairs in the corner of my room in the dark facing the door, the room was empty except for myself and no one else came in through the door (nothing weird about that you may be saying to yourself) but i decided to leave the room after a book was thrown at me from inside this dark empty room.

chilling stuff in my family.

d.

:unsure:

There is another Living TV Most Haunted Live on Saturday February 28th. This can be watched on the internet too at www.livingtv.co.uk, so this looks like the first opportunity for you all to do some ghost spotting.

Unfortunately I won't be around on that date, so let me know if anyone sees any spooks!

Obi-Wan :P

There is another Living TV Most Haunted Live on Saturday February 28th. This can be watched on the internet too at www.livingtv.co.uk, so this looks like the first opportunity for you all to do some ghost spotting.

Unfortunately I won't be around on that date, so let me know if anyone sees any spooks!

cool, we should all watch it! :lol:

Not sure if this could be classed as a ghost story or not but it spooked me!!!

My little brother Jeff had been dead for about a year. I was driving home from High Wycombe one night, Vamps and her younger brother was in the back. It was on a country road and I was driving at about 60mph, which was the legal limit. I'd done this journey every night for months and knew the road like the back of my hand.

I just happened to glance in the mirror and was totally stunned to see Jeff in the back seat - I wasn't thinking of anything remotely connected to him!!! I was so shocked I slowed right down just as we came up to a sharpish bend. Just around this bend a car had broken down and a gang of men were trying to push it out of the way.

Had I still been doing 60mph I would never in a million years been able to stop - I would've ploughed right into the back of them and probably killed all of us and them aswell.

I was so shook up I crawled the rest of the way home.

Round about the same time we had a Great Dane called Elliot who was the soppiest dog you could ever meet. Frequently Elliot would leap up from where he was laying and bark at the settee with his teeth bared and all his hackles stood on end with such viciousness it was like seeing a different dog. I didn't like it when he did that - it was freaky. I understand animals are very sensitive to 'ghostly activity'.

I have to say I don't believe in life after death, much as I would love to, so I tend to think that it was my subconscious that gave me that warning in the car - like ESP or something. Still freaky though.

Not sure if this could be classed as a ghost story or not but it spooked me!!!

My little brother Jeff had been dead for about a year. I was driving home from High Wycombe one night, Vamps and her younger brother was in the back. It was on a country road and I was driving at about 60mph, which was the legal limit. I'd done this journey every night for months and knew the road like the back of my hand.

I just happened to glance in the mirror and was totally stunned to see Jeff in the back seat - I wasn't thinking of anything remotely connected to him!!! I was so shocked I slowed right down just as we came up to a sharpish bend. Just around this bend a car had broken down and a gang of men were trying to push it out of the way.

Had I still been doing 60mph I would never in a million years been able to stop - I would've ploughed right into the back of them and probably killed all of us and them aswell.

I was so shook up I crawled the rest of the way home.

Round about the same time we had a Great Dane called Elliot who was the soppiest dog you could ever meet. Frequently Elliot would leap up from where he was laying and bark at the settee with his teeth bared and all his hackles stood on end with such viciousness it was like seeing a different dog. I didn't like it when he did that - it was freaky. I understand animals are very sensitive to 'ghostly activity'.

I have to say I don't believe in life after death, much as I would love to, so I tend to think that it was my subconscious that gave me that warning in the car - like ESP or something. Still freaky though.

:lol::D:D:D:D

I'm scared now LOL, how weird was that, I remember you telling me that story, I've gone all cold now though!!!!!!!!

Oh I like those progs - but I never see anything!!!!!! Maybe this time...

Obi-Wan ;)

Looking forward to Saturday, I am going out but should be back for some of it :P

BTW really enjoying everyones stories of the unexplained really chilling stuff!!

Anyone got any more??

BTW really enjoying everyones stories of the unexplained really chilling stuff!!

Anyone got any more??

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I just so could not resist that!!!!!!!!! - I don't really, well I do, but thats usually on a morning LOL

Edited by vamps!