Alien dvds

DavidB

That would be cool ... I also like the Borg Cube thing that came out in Europe for all the ST:TNG sets I think it was .. not that I can afford it lol

I think I'd make the effort to afford it if it was Star Wars or Halloween though.

Obi-Wan :lol:

Is the only Halloween boxset they've got out the 1-5+H20 one?

So far yes. And the US Citizens are a bit miffed that they don't even have that! (And believe me they want it bad!). The trouble is that in the US, Universal own the rights to Halloween II & III, Anchor Bay there have I, IV & V, and Dimension have VI, VII & VIII, and they can't agree to settle rights arguments to release a boxset over there.

Anchor Bay are desperately trying to get Universal to release the rights to Halloween II, as they have so much that they want to put on a 2 or 3 disc release of that film. Including delted and alternative scenes (which I have seen, and some make the film vastly different), they also want Dimension to release Halloween 6 - The Curse of Michael Myers, as they want a legal release of the so-called Producer's Cut, which makes this an entirely different film than that you saw in the theatre or home video (I must add that it makes it an entirely different and better film).

I have seen all the alternative cuts, and I hope that someday Anchor Bay will be able to get what they want as it will be an awesome boxset.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

• Moderators

I think the only Halloween dvd I'm happy with is the original ... I bought the 2-disc version (not the most recent one, but the one before) and I'm quite happy with that - I didn't see anything major on the latest one to warrant me purchasing it again. I've read quite a lot about additional scenes etc and I do think it'd be good to have them, I have downloaded a couple from H6 I think it was .. they seemed to change it a lot. I'd definitely buy a box set if a proper one came out, because the other Halloween ones I have are pretty much bare-bones and I'm quite happy to replace them.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the UK alien box set for my birthday and thought that was really nicely laid out, Now that Ive seen the japanese one, my set may as well be made of cheese and wrapped in bog roll.

Interestingly though, I watched the alien 3 special version and it was well dodgy. I think I like the original version more.

Plus I didnt get the fact that the alien was in the dead yak thing as opposed to the rottie in the original. Isnt it supposed to "gestate inside a LIVING host"?

Edited by KAT