Star wars Saga on Bluray

danvader123@hotmail.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm torn, no inclusion of the theatrical cuts of the Original Trilogy disappoints me, but all the special features that will appear on the discs interests me.

I might purchase if (mighty big if however) the Boxset comes down in price as I don't see myself paying £69.99 just for the special features.

im torn also, I eventually will buy it, why stop now ive got like 100 versions of the trilogy lol. but im not paying 60 odd, I will wait for it to come down in price.

really want to see the deleted scenes also the improoved picture and sound, I will be very angry if some of the effects things have not been looked at, like vaders pink saber and lukes really thick green saber in jedi.

im also angry that there appears to be no new actor involvement, especially in the commentaries

The worst thing about the new versions is the changes to The Empire Strikes Back: having Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor and changing his dialogue. And chaging Boba Fett's voice to Temura Morrison's. AWFUL. Boba sounded much more fearsome and cooler in his original voice rather than Morrison's awful p**** voice.

Edited by nicky

The worst change for me was the Han/Greedo scene. That should have been left alone. My second issue is the replacement of Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen. I think that should have been left alone as well. I don't mind Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor in ESB as it resolves a pretty glaring continuity issue brought about by the production of the prequels. Although I felt the script change was unecessary. Jason Wingreen (I had to look him up) was the voice of Boba Fett originally and I do prefer his version.

The other changes don't really bother me that much. That said I would rather have the original versions as that is what I grew up with. It won't stop me purchasing the Blu-ray though.

The other changes don't really bother me that much. That said I would rather have the original versions as that is what I grew up with. It won't stop me purchasing the Blu-ray though.

or the 3-d one, then the centre of room hologram one.......oh and then the 50th anniversary release of the original versions!!

• 2 months later...

Deleted scenes teaser.

some of that looks really good, especially the jedi base storming with han shooting troopers,

it still angers me though that so much documentary stuff is being left out and that there seems to be no new actor involvement again :-(

regarding the SE, humm, aside the han greedo thing I loved what they did with a new hope. yes even jaba

empire had the least no? i didnt like the snow creature stuff, or fetts voice change, or the this doesnt sound like JEJ at all "alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival"

jedi, hated the cgi dance addition, hayden being shoe horned in and the stupid beak on the sand pitt monster, i mean really there was nothing wrong with how it was, its like they looked and said right what can we stick in here new with cgi.

Yes the "alert my Star Destroyer" line is terrible. The original "Bring my shuttle" was one of my fave lines. Vader sounds p*ssed off in the original line.

Ill be buying the box set as I want to see these on Blu Ray. Its funny though how dated some of the special edition CGI stuff is nowadays in particular the Dewback & Jawa scene. Its a pity they havent cleaned up the deleted scenes and put them in the films for this release. They go to all the bother of putting in a terrible song in ROTJ years ago yet they leave Luke building his Lightsaber out and on the extras. Silly Lucas.

• 4 weeks later...
this doesnt sound like JEJ at all "alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival"

jedi, hated the cgi dance addition, hayden being shoe horned in and the stupid beak on the sand pitt monster, i mean really there was nothing wrong with how it was, its like they looked and said right what can we stick in here new with cgi.

Yeah, that Vader line was awful. It doesnt match the way Vader is striding along. Bring my shuttle was better.

And that ROTJ damce sequence was an unforgivable abomination. I prefered the simplicity of the original song and act. The new funky all-theatrical dance number just seems out of place for the sail barge of Jabba the Hutt, evil galactic gangster - it took away how evil and bad-ass all those guys were. Yes, and the beak on the Sarlaac was unecessary and gives the creature too much character - I preferred it when it was more mysterious. It was almost as bad as Ridley Scott going back and putting eyes on the Alien.

Edited by nicky

I preferred the simplicity of the original song and act. The new funky all-theatrical dance number just seems out of place for the sail barge of Jabba the Hutt, evil galactic gangster - it took away how evil and bad-ass all those guys were.

Surely that all applies to the original song too. Gangsters can afford to indulge

I'm in the minority, I prefer the new dance number.

Be nice if the original is snuck on the release somewhere though; iirc one of the period documentaries has it being recorded, and sung in English!

I preferred the simplicity of the original song and act. The new funky all-theatrical dance number just seems out of place for the sail barge of Jabba the Hutt, evil galactic gangster - it took away how evil and bad-ass all those guys were.

Surely that all applies to the original song too. Gangsters can afford to indulge

But the new version just makes too much cartoonish-kiddy light heart of it all and turns it into a full-on musical number and thereby taking the viewer out of the tone of the film. Another example, not as bad, is in Spider-Man 3 when Peter Parjker starts swinging from the ceiling in that cabaret scene. Took me totally out of the picture. ROTJ is not and was never a comedy, but with that misplaced dance scene its like 'errrr'.

Edited by nicky

George has done it again!!!!!!

More changes to the original trilogy for the blu ray release:

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/star-wars...ay-changes/4299

The worst one fo rmost people is Vader's NOOOOOO! But for me its probably more Ben's dragon call. Still think the ESB DVD changes were worse though. So if the 1997 Special editions were the special editions, these bRs should be called the Special, special, special Editions.