Misrepresentation

elullatook

I was really annoyed to read a misrepresentation of something Sam said during our encounter and his talk...This was done on Digitalspy and has been spread to other sites.

Why do people do this?....not only is it disrespectful but also seems a tad spiteful.

Is it the reporter intention to cause upset to the actors....it also makes me wonder about someone going to an event like this just to try and gather dirt on respectable, friendly and open guests.

Rubbish like this is not acceptable.

Could a reporter from WENN have been at the convention?

There is another report on Digital Spy from the convention,but it doesn't say WENN it says by Morgan Jeffery.

Mind you, I don't even know what WENN is. LOL!

Yeah he did mention about the make up girl rubbing make up into his body in the Saturday guest encounter (because I asked if you could apply anywhere for those jobs looooooool :D )

Though you are right, he totally didnt mention fancying her, just that it was said in a tone that implied 'oh my, isnt it a tough life' (sarcasm). Maybe it was said some other time though I do doubt it. I expect Missy would have a few choice words to say about it!!

It does seem like it's from another interview he did. Whether it's true or not I can't say but I don't think he'd be telling everyone at a con if he fancied a make-up girl though as that may be a bit personal for a con. It sound like it's meant to be from an interview he's done at some point.

I just came on here because I read something Sam said about Snoop Dog on Perez Hilton (http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-11-no-snoop-dogg-in-the-true-blood-house) I only came to Bitten Fri-Sat so never heard him say it. it just seems a shame that guests share stories and it ends up all over the net.

makes me wonder if guests may be reluctant to attend / share stories at future events.

I just came on here because I read something Sam said about Snoop Dog on Perez Hilton (http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-11-no-snoop-dogg-in-the-true-blood-house) I only came to Bitten Fri-Sat so never heard him say it. it just seems a shame that guests share stories and it ends up all over the net.

makes me wonder if guests may be reluctant to attend / share stories at future events.

I am sure the guests are aware that anything they say may turn up online. I don't think there is anything wrong with that quote, it isn't negative towards Snoop Dogg, and it just says that the show doesn't need to stunt cast because it is good! Besides, it is publicity for the show - which is a good thing. I would understand your concerns if the quote was negative, but I think they were all very careful about what they were saying. :D

Edited by Shifter

Sam and Kristin did say pretty much that about Snoop Dog as I recall.

They did indeed and it was covered (first) in an SFX blog, which was replicated on Sy-Fy (however it's spelt these days). My friend is the journalist who wrote that article and would never be mean or disrespectful to the guests. She was not in any guest encounter and didn't write anything about Sam and a make up artist! :D

++edited to add link++

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/08/09/no-true-bl...for-snoop-dogg/

(Hope SM don't mind, it does contain a nice link to their website!)

Edited by chrismk

There is another report on Digital Spy from the convention,but it doesn't say WENN it says by Morgan Jeffery.

World Entertainment News Network

"WENN is a unique, independent, global news network, headquartered in London with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas and other key entertainment cities around the world." (http://corp.wenn.com/)

I guess somebody from there could have been at the event, or somebody who was at the event might have passed it on, for free or otherwise. Who knows?

Although a search of http://www.wenn.com for "Trammell" reveals nothing, and a search for "True Blood" only shows up stories from six days ago or more, none of them related to this.

did anyone watch him on Jay Leno last week?

he said that he faniced the make up girl on that but said nothing would ever happen cuz she has a boyfriend it was all said in a jokey way from Sam but maybe they got it from that cuz he also mentioned Snoop Dogg.

edit I just read the article and it is all from the tonight show with Jay Leno that aired last week before the con!

Edited by Miss Ragamuffin

WENN is a photo agency.

the photographer would have quoted him - probably wrongly.