Themed parties

bezzo

Yes...but I tend to go into super-girly mode with outfit planning!

haha same! me and my friend have got some ideas of what we wanna wear but we need definite themes so we know for sure.

come on ME, there is a lot of ladies attending this event -- give us what we want! or more likely... need!

Do what I do, make up own themes, it doesnt really matter.

A group of us are GOTHING up sat, and we have another idea for the Fri, which will poss have nothing connecting with the show.

But it would be nice to see how different we dress to what the themes are.

Friday : Maryann's wedding

Saturday : Lou Pine's party (with Joe Manganiello of course ! Pleassssssse)

Sunday : Welcome to Russell's house or Lorena and Bill's house (20s/30s)

No ?:D

as much as I'd love them to do those themes, I think the parties are going to be based around Season 2 themes, so I'd definitely think the Maryann's wedding will happen, but maybe the last 2 for next year :)

xxx

My thoughts exactly. If we weren't allowed to talk about season 2 at Bitten, then I'm guessing we're not allowed to talk about season 3 at bitten2... (unless they can offer that people who haven't seen it leave the hall for the last 10mins or something) so we're defo not going to have season 3 party themes.

There no reason why one of the characters cant have a 'posh' house party of sorts as they have big enough houses to warrant a party of any kind :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading about the cons that various actors from the show attended around the world...at Bitten we seemed to be the only one that was not allowed to discuss the 2nd season, which was a real bummer.

That better change for the next con. With any luck the 3rd season will have been aired on free tv by then.

On to the parties...still have hopes for a Maryann and seeing we have Lorena with us.... the Lorena 30s do.

Edited by elullatook

• 3 weeks later...

Augh, I've seen several outfits this week which might be serious contenders for a Maryann wedding or 20s/30s themed party, but will those themes come up? (Also, no idea whether I'll weigh the same as I do now, but that's another matter. :D)

And if I wait and those themes come up, will I still see outfits like that nearer the time? I fear not. Decisions, decisions...

I don't think I'll have any problems dressing for a Lou Pine's party. :pyth:

What sort of stuf fdo you wear during the day? I've never been to a con before lol, i'm a newb. any advice will be appreciated xD

You can wear pretty much whatever you like, even during the parties. Most people I saw were going around in variations on the jeans-and-T-shirt combo during the day; for Bitten, a common cosplay outfit was the Merlotte's uniform.

You can carry the casual look into the evening if you want (many people do at cons), but the Bitten themes last year (particularly Fangtasia) really lent themselves to theatrics and the vast majority responded accordingly. Including me - I don't normally dress up all that much for cons beyond a decent frock, but Bitten was so much fun I made an exception, so am looking forward to more of the same here, myself. :thumbup: But it's totally up to you - whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

As Cosmic Avatar says really.

In the day i wear regular stuff I wear normally, but at night transform by wearing fancy dress.

Some do dress up in the day, it has been known, some not at all, so really it personal choice.

Also you dont have to stick to fancy dress themes (they not announced yet tho).

Due to lack of themes at the mo, myself and a few friends are doing our own thing one of the nights, altho it could end up being within a theme as yet, but we are doing it anyway, one night we are doing a gothy type thing as it what some of my friends are comfy in (black lol).

Another friend wear jeans in the day and at night just puts on a pretty dress and shoes and make up, and I have only seen her in fancy dress a few times.

So whatever you feel comfy in.

Once they announce the Themes, then you can decide if you want to follow it.

Good luck deciding.

I know! I'm actually going to look at 20s/30s-styled dresses this weekend as I can probably wear one to at least one another occasion this year and I doubt the colours and styles in which I'm interested will be available in summer.

I'm sure they'll be posted in time, though I'm just excited to know what they're going to be!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have 2 costumes already planned. And thank god I have nearly finished the one of them that I have been hand making since August of last year! It's either going to look awesome or completey pants! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm going totally mad - I've now got my 20s dress just because i found one at £25 off. bargain

Still no themes???? Come on guys! I need time to organise!!!

Only 3 months to organise costumes :WAVE: that not long.

Whilst party themes would be good another guest announcement would be even better, I think Bitten has been forgotten (ducks and covers!!) I know there's 3 months left to go yadda yadda but I'm finding myself getting increasingly more worried about buying gold tickets for this event, I'm really hoping we get some more guests soon so I can start to justify the outlay for this ticket!!!!!!

Don't be surprised if guests are announced almost at the last minute. Because (I'm guessing) the latest season is airing very soon, most of the cast will be unable to commit until much nearer the event as they'll be finishing off the remaining eps so want to avoid possible schedule conflicts. That happened last year. (We were so lucky that Sam and Kristin managed to commit early and stick to it!)

Anyway, back to party thoughts... I've bought a couple of dresses which I hope will come in useful but are versatile enough to wear to other things. [/bet-hedging]