Themed parties

bezzo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems I'm the only one who doesn't care what the themes are yet. This con is nearly 3 months away. I don't know what I'm going to wear to a con this weekend yet, let alone 3 months away!!

• Moderators

I dont feel inclined to help promote the event or the organisers when theres no party themes, its a tad embarrassing.

:angry::WINCE:

I quite agree!

I seriously don't understand this comment. You would rather completely ignore the event and not tell anyone about it just because there's not party themes?

ME have put a fantastic lineup together, and any help promoting is for the good of the event and the attendees.

Sometimes they take the time to think about the party themes and see what they can get together. I see no harm in that. And I certainly don't see it as a reason to refuse to promote it!

I dont feel inclined to help promote the event or the organisers when theres no party themes, its a tad embarrassing.

:angry::angry:

I quite agree!

and THIS ^!?!

seriously!?!?

How exactly is this embarassing?

ME/SM could rush to announce party themes to keep some people happy but they may not be the best they could be *because* they've been rushed.

The parties are just an extra benefit of the con, and certainly not something of which a theme would make my decision on whether I'd attend. "3 parties" should be enough to advertise.

• Moderators

From what I saw last time, Bitten had the most effort ME had put into any con parties in quite some time. I would have thought people would be happier waiting for them to try to organise something just as good, rather than throwing out any old party theme then struggling to do it justice.

From what I saw last time, Bitten had the most effort ME had put into any con parties in quite some time. I would have thought people would be happier waiting for them to try to organise something just as good, rather than throwing out any old party theme then struggling to do it justice.

where's the "like" button?? :)

Fanggirl: I thought you'd be the one to target my comment lol.

They announced Bitten2 at Bitten1 last year. I dont think several months is *rushing* things! Were 10 weeks away and no one will be able to afford to dress up as anything at this rate what with the hotel costs, photo shoots, eating, drinking costs etc.

Its 'embarrassing' (perhaps the wrong word to use, I apologise!) because people who HAVE asked me about the event on other forums, facebook etc have asked what the parties are like and what this years themes are and I cant tell them! Ive said the previous parties have been ok.

As for not wanting to promote the event, its not just about the party themes not being announced for me. I have posted links to it this year several times all over and tried to get friends and friends of friends to buy tickets but theyre not happy with either the guests that are coming, previous expeiernces or have bought for other events, so we cant force them to buy.

Why is it when people make a slightly negative or personal opinion on these forums, they get jumped on. Its always been the case here. Unless youre swooning over everything, youre an outcast. lol.

Edited by Blackviolett

• Moderators

No one expects swooning. But if you're going to come on and basically post 'i refuse to promote unless you give us the party themes' then I don't think you can be surprised if a few people had issue with it. After all, everyone should want this event to be a success.

I'm not saying it's an event for everyone. Some people won't like the guests, or won't like the party themes, or whatever else. But we all try our hardest to make the event a success, and push the plus points rather than falling back on the negatives. I don't think lacking in party themes is 'embarassing' as they've got a strong lineup and have clearly put a lot of hard work into it. So I have no issues telling people about the event. It's not that hard to say something will be announced, and it's being worked on.

Wonderfully put David however, I said I dont feel 'inclined' to promote. I didnt say Im not or that I havent.

Im sorry, but for most people the amazing guests and the party themes ARE the point of the weekend and are the main reason for going. Thats what cons are all about for many, the guests, the parties with themes and the mingling with great friends! The other bits that go on are the added bonuses.

For me the party themes have always made my weekend exciting and planning ahead for it keeps reminding me of whats to come months ahead. I enjoyed the Saturday night theme last year immensely. My outfits last year were planned ahead so I could afford it and manage my spends.

This year, were both attending and now wont be able to afford 3 outfits each as we havent had enough time along with all the other costs. I just find it a shame and Im not the only one who would like to know what the themes are. I just hope they announce soon.

:)

Edited by Blackviolett

now wont be able to afford 3 outfits each as we havent had enough time along with all the other costs

er!?! I may be being blonde here, but you said yourself it was announced at Bitten... that's 12 months between events to save up to buy costumes.

Yeah bit blonde there! lol

What I said was:

"They announced Bitten2 at Bitten1 last year. I dont think several months is *rushing* things! Were 10 weeks away and no one will be able to afford to dress up as anything at this rate what with the hotel costs, photo shoots, eating, drinking costs etc"

Therefore, what Im saying is, them having 10 months to arrange and announce themes is plenty of time. However, we couldnt buy outfits because the themes had not been announced. If that were the case, we wouldnt be on this thread would we? Id have just thought ah well, Ive got a whole year, Ill just make a random any old outfit and go in that.

My OH has just ended up making an outfit thats True Blood anyway so I think Ill just give it all a miss and go in jeans. Ive given up being so bothered now.

Im sure everyone will still all have a great time.

Edited by Blackviolett