Horror soundtracks/scores

DavidB

• Moderators

I was just listening to a horror CD of mine and wondered what everyone thought was the best horror score/song etc?

I think mine is the Halloween score, I guess my most memorable moment is when Michael Myers sits up in the house near the end, and the use of the music there - considering Michael can't talk etc, I think the atmosphere is built very well through the music, and that's probably the horror movie I remember the most for the actual music.

Other ones would probably be The Exorcist - Tubular Bells, the Nightmare On Elm Street main theme (when it was used in the first movie), and The Omen as well.

As far as horror soundtracks, I like the Bride Of Chucky one just cuz it's my kinda music .. rock etc, stuff like Coal Chamber and Bruce Dickenson, but it didn't have much effect in the actual movie.

Halloween without question. It's even my cell phone ring tone!

Obi-Wan  :headscratch:

lol I wouldn't wanna be scared every time someone phoned me :D

The trouble is I have been so immersed in horror movies from such an early age that nothing does scare me any more... with the possible exception of Barbara Streisand....urrrggghhh (Goes pale and shudders at the thought)

Obi-Wan :lol:

• Moderators

mmm I guess that would be the case with many horror fans, that they're not actually 'scared' as such by many of the films, but enjoy them for what they are. I think there are the occasional moments where I jump or whatever at something unexpected, but if you watch so many horror films I guess there's a point you get to when you're always expecting something to happen - so it's good when new horror can bring something fresh and unexpected!

• Moderators
bride of chucky without a doubt especially trumpets of jericho by bruce dickinson and that one by stabbing westward  :D

Hey they're my 2 favourites, no copying me :lol:

u shut ur face mr david i love them songs :lol:

:lol: tis cuz u got mint taste like me :lol: but hey we already knew that :D

jaws is officially the largest grossing horror film of all time.

d.

It's not a horror film. It's an action adventure/drama. It has none of the iconography even associated with a horror movie...except maybe for the occassional severed head and blood, but officially it's not horror.

Obi-Wan :lol: