General Feedback

DavidB

• Moderators

Just thought I'd start a topic as I know some people are already home, or only went for one day.

As with any first convention for a show, there'll no doubt be room for things to change/add etc.

So what did you enjoy the most? What would you like to see at Bitten 2? Any improvements?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting for the final party so thought I'd say it's been an excellent weekend and all of the guests have been on top form! They are all very friendly and open to asking anything!

They crew have, as always, been helpful too!

Can't wait for the next one. All I will say is hopefully we can have an extra guest or 2 at Bitten 2 and maybe slightly more things in the dealers room as it seemed a bit lacking compaired to Hallowhedon and other events I've been to.

I really enjoyed this event. Being a bit smaller, not so many guests and not so many fans, i found it was a very relaxed atmosphere than compared to one like Twilight.

I loved the Themed parties, however i have not stayed for tonights party but i hope someone posts some photos from it.

I'm really excited for the next TB Con, and hoping its a similar layout :D

Thanks Guys!!!!!

This was my first event at the Park Inn (not my first Massive Events).

I was actually impressed with the hotel and the staff. I can see why people weren't too happy when the Hub was at the Hilton. I've been to the Hilton for Discworld so I was used to the facilities. But The Park is well placed for alternative food, has a pool table (bonus!), free parking for hotel attendees (more bonus) and is easy to navigate (although perhaps they could put some extra lighting in some of the hotel rooms). The advantage also being that you are not clashing with other events or as many non-event people in the hotel. There were very few non-event people staying at the hotel - or at least it seemed like it.

Excellent usage of the schedule being printed onto posters on the wall.

The pole dancers on Saturday night were fantastic and if you can get them again for next year I'm pretty sure that would be a seller ;)

Queuing was minimal which was great, although I appreciate this probably was a smaller con

The pack was usefully set out with the introduction notes on the back of the schedule. As usual nice to have the 8 x 10s included as this takes the edge off figuring out what to have signed.

The crew as always were helpful, and the hotel staff were impressive.

Always great not to have the autos and photos overlap and disrupt seeing the talks. Thank you Massive :)

It's a shame that it's not possible somehow to fit in one set of guest encounters that don't overlap talks on one day (with four boardrooms on hand). Todd Lowe's numbers suffered for this. If the pairing onstage today had been Sam & Todd (as their characters interact more ... as Jim & Todd pointed out they have not had character interaction before) and Kristen & Jim perhaps Todd's encounter would have been full.

If next year for example the signings finish early on the Sunday, perhaps a late edition of a chance to have a guest encounter panel for people who are up to date with the show. Given people travel from overseas, I'm sure for them (and erm .. downloaders) it would be nice to have a discrete session to chat about the current episodes without worrying about spoilers

The final talk when all the guests were onstage today was a little uncomfortable. Whilst the questions were general, the guests were at a loss to answer some of them and the pauses between waiting for the next question seemed stretched. Even the guests asked for the next question a couple of times. With the opportunity for the attendees to have all the guests onstage at once, it could have been the chance to open half the questions to the floor as a way to wrap up the talks and get feedback as a group on the show.

During the auction can the guys please parade the items down the aisle where possible. People around me said they would have perhaps bidded if they could have seen exactly what the items were.

Jim, Todd, Sam & Kristen (and her husband) were amazing this year. Thank you

Hope everyone gets back safely and doesn't get hit too hard by post-con blues

Edited by Samphirette

I had a fantastic time and had no issues with anything, but I would also have liked to have had an opportunity to hear about Season 3 stuff, I had lots of things I would have loved to have asked all 4 guests but couldn't. If it's possible at this kind of event to have some kind of separate spoiler session for those that are up to speed with the US then that would make it even better.

Were still travelling home! Weve had a fantastic weekend and the guests were amazing. We met some lovely people too. Our only moan is that there wasnt enough to do. Weve been to loads of events but felt this one was a bit lacking sadly.There was lots of waiting around in between things and a distinct lull late afternoon. Guitar Hero or the chance to get special effects make up or something would have been great even for a small fee. Also a bit disappointed with last nights party. Overall though thanks to the guests, it was fabulous.

Were still travelling home! Weve had a fantastic weekend and the guests were amazing. We met some lovely people too. Our only moan is that there wasnt enough to do. Weve been to loads of events but felt this one was a bit lacking sadly.There was lots of waiting around in between things and a distinct lull late afternoon. Guitar Hero or the chance to get special effects make up or something would have been great even for a small fee. Also a bit disappointed with last nights party. Overall though thanks to the guests, it was fabulous.

I had the most AMAZING time!

I really have nothing at all (about the con) to complain about, although as Black Violet has said, there was some waiting around.

The guests were all fantastic too, and it was soooo cool how chilled out they were at the parties - including Kristens husband who was rocking out too on Saturday night - he was fab!

Roll on Bitten 2

I had such a good time this weekend, the smaller cons are always my favourites, everyone attendees and guests, are all much more relaxed and chilled out and it always seems a better and nicer atmosphere!!!

The guests were fantastic, and sooo much fun, Jim on a pole sat night was great, I'd love to meet any of those guys again especially Sam and Todd they were funny and very very cute to look at!!!! :smile:

The video room was a nice touch, if I had to wait round for anything I usually went and waited in there and saw a bit of Eric to boot so always good!!!

I got talking to some really nice people this weekend some of whom I think are active on here but as it was only ever in queues it was short and sweet and I never got round to getting names ha ha ha ha

All in all it was a fab weekend so thanks ME as this was my first event with you and you well and truly exceeded any expectations I may have had!!!!

Roll on Bitten 2 :D

was a total awesome weekend, been to a fair few of your events now and this one was by far the best. the whole layout and the crwod was so much better. maybe coz it was a smaller con and im used the the big ones. really had a good time and a nig thank u 2 davey he worked bloody hard

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The guests were wonderful, and (most of) the attendees were chilled out around them and let them relax in between autos, photos and talks, which got a special mention from ME - let's keep that up, as I'm sure that encouraged them to hang out as much as they did at the parties (and even try out some pole-dancing for themselves, hee).

So many people made a real effort to get dressed up for the parties. I seemed to time it wrong for decent songs on the Saturday - I think I was too late for the first section of good themed music and although the DJ promised the cheese wouldn't last, it went on so long that I eventually gave in and went to bed, having danced to only one song! But there were plenty of people who had the stamina to keep going till 4am and reap the rewards later, so I am obviously a total lightweight. :smile:

I agree that it was a shame the guest encounters clashed with talks. I'd have loved to go to some encounters, but the talks were higher priority for me. And yes, the group talk was a bit awkwardly paced (some of the questions were a bit daunting and the guests found those hard going), but still very entertaining for the most part.

Can't complain about the pacing of the con at all. I'd bought a book and magazines to read in case things got too quiet and even made plans to watch some TB in the video room (they were screening seasons 1 and 2 over the weekend), but did none of that at all! If I wasn't doing autos, photos, talks, etc., I was hanging out with people I'd met either over the weekend or at previous cons, so it all went by very quickly. When it became clear the auto sessions on Sunday weren't going to take too long, there was a quiz set up which was a lot of fun too.

To sum up - great first TB con, and I am booked up and ready for the next one! :D

I've had an absolutely amazing time this weekend. Thank you so much to everyone at ME and also the lovely guests. I was particularly impressed by the Fangtasia night, all that was missing was Eric sitting on that throne!! I really hope you do a Fangtasia night again at future Bittens.

I also thought that all ME crew members that I encountered were very helpful and friendly, as were the staff at the Park Inn.

I can't wait for Bitten 2!!!!! A year is too long to wait!

Helen :)

Absolutely amazing. The guests were all fab and gave really interesting (and hilarious) talks. Laughed so much!

The parties were good fun, especially the Sat 'Fangtasia' themed one. Was lovely to see everyone totally respecting the guests as they mingled. Nobody was pushing to get near or asking for photos. I'm sure they'll go back and tell other cast members great things about us and the con in general. We didn't frighten them away, hoorah! B)

Oh, and the pole-dancers were incredible. Made me want to learn, haha!

Seriously one of the most fun weekends I've had in ages. Thank you to everyone involved in making it so awesome ... including all of the other attendees who partied on 'til the early hours. True Bon Temps spirit right there! ;)

Roll on Bitten 2. Cannot wait!

P.S. Dude who sat there dressed as Eddie, remaining in character for the entire party - you Sir are a legend!

hey i got to dance with Todd so I have nothing negative at all to say about this event... it was the best weekend of my life and i cant wait for next year.

oh and my pictures with the guests are already framed and placed around the living room where EVERYONE can see them ;)

Edited by Puff

It was pretty much PERFECT!!! ;)

I was really disappointed though about not being able to ask Season 3 questions... Maybe in future, any questions relating to spoilers could be left until last 10 mins of talk and anyone who doesn't want to hear could leave?

SOOOOOOOOOOO happy with my photos. I've declared my undying love for Malcolm for my Sam photo and our group Merlotte's pic too.

PS... just remembered something else, just a request for there to be someone checking passes at the gold reception / someone keeping an eye on anyone leaving or entering the area. There were a couple of gatecrashers who only had standard passes this weekend. Annoyed me that I paid a lot more money for my gold ticket but others got the privilege. I didn't realise that they shouldn't have been in there until afterwards when they were boasting about it outside.

Edited by fanggirl

I had so much fun, got to hang out with alot of new people and of course old ones. Everyone was so nice. The guest were amazing. So glad i came at the last min, would have been gutted to have missed out on this.

Thank you all

Andrew M

I had so much fun, got to hang out with alot of new people and of course old ones. Everyone was so nice. The guest were amazing. So glad i came at the last min, would have been gutted to have missed out on this.

Thank you all

Andrew M

Was soooo glad you did come Andy :lol:)

First of all I would like to thank the crew who did a great job. This convention was the best I ever attended, I had an amazing weekend!

I was disappointed though that we couldn't say anything about the third season. I understand that many attendees haven't seen the new episodes yet and don't want to be spoiled but would it be possible for the next convention to find a solution about that? Maybe we could take the last five minutes or so of the talks to speak about the new season.

We also had a problem during the talks on saturday afternoon. With my friend we left during two minutes between two talks and when we came back someone had taken our seats. We told them that it was our seats and the rules said that we had to keep our seats for the whole afternoon but they didn't move.

The Fangtasia party was amazing, I had a really good time, but one thing was missing... Eric on his throne! :P .

The guests were fantastic!! They mingled with the attendees and everybody had a chance to talk to them. None of the attendees was pushy with them so they could relax and enjoy the parties with us.

This convention was truly fantastic and I'm now looking forward to the next one!!! Thanks again to ME who did a wonderful job :D