OMG! What has happened to the prices at the Park Inn?

JamesMarstersIsMyLover

So..can you use your own alcohol at the parties?

The way I do it is this:

Buy a bottle of Jack Daniels (or the alcoholic consumption of your choice), buy some Diet coke bottles (the smaller ones), drink about 1/3 of the diet coke (or soft drink of your choice) then top the rest up with Jack Daniels.

My friend had hers in an old water bottle as it was Gin, so it was clear.

So for her I would buy her a Tonic Water, and for me I just drunk out of my bottle.

At another event I went to, my friends bought the plastic glasses, and we just kept popping up to our rooms to re-fill the glasses with cider.

Loads of ways round it – and you’ll find most people do that.

£3.10 for a pint of Coke was a shock :YAHOO:

It was £3.05 for a pint of lager which is fine... See - you're better off drinking alcohol!! (or popping to Iceland and buying the 3 bottles of pop for £1 like I did! :) )

So..can you use your own alcohol at the parties?

Similar to Angie, I take water bottle in my bag with vodka in then I buy tonics or soda and lime and just add the vodka in the loos discretely. This year we didnt do that we just paid at the bar, it wasnt so bad as I didnt drink that much (not like me at all!)

I usually just buy a pint at the bar, keep the glass, and go back and forth to my room filling it up :)

That's something I'd not thought about actually.

Me wandering around the place with a plastic, whilst everyone else has normal glasses.

Good thinking batman!

£3.10 for a pint of Coke was a shock :P

It was £3.05 for a pint of lager which is fine... See - you're better off drinking alcohol!! (or popping to Iceland and buying the 3 bottles of pop for £1 like I did! :) )

My friends and I needed the coke after drinking all the alcohol the night before :P

We dashed to the bar the next morning and demanded a pint of coke with ice.

Trust me, we were all on the alcohol :WINCE:

Iknow people do take their own, but there are signs EVERYWHERE that only drinks purchased at the hotel were allowed in the con and bar area

That's just like saying you're not allowed cameras into music venues, no one really listens. Anyway, rules are more of a guideline anyway :)

Iknow people do take their own, but there are signs EVERYWHERE that only drinks purchased at the hotel were allowed in the con and bar area

That's just like saying you're not allowed cameras into music venues, no one really listens. Anyway, rules are more of a guideline anyway :)

I was always told rules were there to be broken :lol:

Only kidding, I'm usually fairly discreet about it.

I found it easy to BYO without being obvious. A pint glass and some cans of ready-mixed Voddy and Coke. It just looked as though I was drinking Coke, the cans went in the bin so there was no evidence either :)

The other BIG reason for taking your own was that IMO the Hotel were not geared up for that no. of hungry, thirsty guests.

The Bar on Friday night had 1 really slow bar-person, there were 2 on Saturday and during the daytime the staff on the cafe/ bar bit were so slow that I practically fell asleep waiting to order my £3.10 pint of Coke. I understand that they were tired too but I've worked in catering too and if I'd ever taken 15 minutes just to take an order then I would I have sacked on the spot!!

On the bright side, the breakfasts were great and if I come next year I'll make a couple of discreet sandwiches to have for lunch from the breakfast bar.