OMG! What has happened to the prices at the Park Inn?

JamesMarstersIsMyLover

There's literally several takeaway places, a subway, mcdonalds, an all you can eat chinese buffet place, all nearby the Park Inn, and when I say nearby you're talking about 5 mins walk or so.

In fact, if you're not staying at the Park inn, you pass several of the places on route to the Park Inn !

Actually the Burger and Chips is not bad for a fiver. But as has been said, there are plenty of more places to eat within a 5-10minute walk.

I went to the Weatherspoons and paid around £7 for a meal. So its honestly not that bad.

I suppose you just learn to bring stuff with you or venture out if you dont want to pay the prices of a hotel.

Its not the most expensive around, thats for sure.

There's also a few Bargain Booze type places only 10 minutes walk and places like Pizza Hut not far either.

But i suppose everyone has to learn somewhere.

When you do the Twilight Con in October (I'll be there too) Just bring stuff with you, or pop to the nearby shop :D

It will save you heaps of dosh :D

• Showmasters Admin

The goddamn cheeseburger and fries is £5.

:D

Jason

sorry but a cheeseburger and fries is £5 is fine its a hotel and its not like you cant go around the corner to the kebab shop for what ever you want till 3am in the morning, like i saw lots of attendys doing like my self over the weekend

j

The goddamn cheeseburger and fries is £5.

;)

Jason

sorry but a cheeseburger and fries is £5 is fine its a hotel and its not like you cant go around the corner to the kebab shop for what ever you want till 3am in the morning, like i saw lots of attendys doing like my self over the weekend

j

I thought a fiver for a cheeseburger and fries was quite reasonable. It was the curry for 350 quid the following night that broke the bank. :-p

Jason

The cheeseburger was lovely. However the pizza wasnt and the minute bowl of nachos with a bit of non spicey chilli over it was a rip off. I paid 15 quid for a bottle of wine which wasnt the best tasting and 5 pounds for vodka and pineapple. The stella was flat last night and the blackthorn tasted funny too. Rant over lol

To be fair I thought it was quite reasonable I was drinking bottles of Bud all weekend and paid no more for them there than I do when I go out at home!

The only thing I thought was over priced were the V and Shapeshifter cocktails, a brilliant and nice touch, but £3.50 for what was no more than a shot poured over a full glass of ice to make it look more was way too expensive hence the reason I didn't partake!!!!

I was on an extremely tight budget over the weekend which is why I tended to have a massively huge breakfast at the hotel, and then venture to the cheaper places for lunch (except when my two lovely local friends took me out)

As for drink, I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels with me, several small bottles of Diet coke, drunk some of the coke and topped it up with Jack.