Newbie Questions

Waaachow

Hi All,

My usual yearly conventions are the London film and comic con and Collectormania. I have yet to attend an event like Hallowhedon. I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate answers from those who went last year.

First off my friends and I will have purchased standard tickets and will be attending Saturday and Sunday. Will we be missing out of much Friday?

What was the dealers room like last year? I cant imagine it being that big

With autographs I prefer signatures on DVD sleeves rather than star photographs, is this possible at Hallowhedon?

Thanks for all your answers.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Waaachow

• Moderators

First off my friends and I will have purchased standard tickets and will be attending Saturday and Sunday. Will we be missing out of much Friday?

All that happens on the Friday for silver/standard holders is the opening ceremony (guests say hi on stage) and a party.

What was the dealers room like last year? I cant imagine it being that big

I wasn't at the last Hallowhedon, but the ME cons usually only have about 4-6 stalls in the dealer's room

With autographs I prefer signatures on DVD sleeves rather than star photographs, is this possible at Hallowhedon?

Yes, you can get your included autographs on anything the guest is willing to sign

• Moderators

Hi Steve,

Firstly welcome to the forum :D Hope you enjoy your time here, and get to know people before the event.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1) The Friday will just be the Opening Ceremony (organisers and guests say hi on stage quickly), and then the party. All registering can be done on Sat morning, and all the autos/photos/talks etc are on Sat and Sun.

2) The dealers room isn't huge, and probably only has 10 or less dealers, so don't expect too much. But it usually has a few cool things that are quite tempting!

3) As you get one autograph per guest, you can get these on personal items instead of the supplied 8x10 if you so wish. So DVD sleeves will be fine. Guests do reserve the right to refuse to sign any particular item but that is rare, and I don't see why yours would be a problem.

Edited by DavidB

Thank you both for your help,

I'm glad i'm not missing too much on Friday, its not really possible for us to attend.

Now I have the tough decision of choosing whether I ask Alan to sign Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse s1 or Dollhouse s2 (think its out by then).

I leaning towards Firefly but I may have to upgrade the blu-ray edition first :)

Thanks again!