Wrong Turn

DavidB

• Moderators

125677m.jpg

OK, so I know it's not the best movie in the world, but it DOES have Eliza in it which makes it a bit better lol.

Audio commentary

Extended and deleted scenes

'The Making Of Wrong Turn' featurette

'Eliza Dushku: Babe In The Woods' featurette

'Fresh Meat: The Wounds Of Wrong Turn' featurette

'Stan Winston' featurette

Poster gallery

Interactive menu

Scene access

In a hunt to the death, would you survive?

When a group of friends get stranded in the back woods of Virginia, they find that they are not alone… hunted by cannibalistic mountain men, they must try to escape without transport, before they become the next meal.

I've had it on Region One since last October (or before can't remember).

I thought it was a great little horror film. A return to basics, unlike all this Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer nonsense, which I actually believe harmed the horror genre. I'm glad to see films like this, Cabin Fever and the recent Texas Chainsaw remake doing well again.

Raw horror is where it's at!

Obi-Wan :yoda:

• Moderators
I'm glad to see films like this, Cabin Fever and the recent Texas Chainsaw remake doing well again.

Obi-Wan :headscratch:

Ahhh I'm glad someone mentioned the TCM remake. What did everyone think of that? I saw it at the cinema with Cordy and mr Neo ... I actually enjoyed it, I guess I went in thinking it was gonna be crap cuz it'd be all teen-based and like the rest of what recent teen-movies have been like. I downloaded it after I'd seen it at the cinema, and I must admit I like it a lot now and I'm looking forward to seeing the extras etc. I read somewhere in some review that they saw it more as 'another incident' rather than a 'remake' of the original, which I think could make a lot of sense - just like in the movie, with that girl who shoots herself .. that was another incident and it could quite easily make sense to see this movie as another incident. But hey I guess that's my view, I just thought I enjoyed it a lot more if I didn't view it thinking of the original all the time but treated it as a seperate story. I know I'm babbling here, sorry lol Anyway I thought it retained a lot of the feeling of the original, and what the original set out to do, and yeah I'm looking forward to the DVD :lol:

I'm glad to see films like this, Cabin Fever and the recent Texas Chainsaw remake doing well again.

Obi-Wan  :headscratch:

Ahhh I'm glad someone mentioned the TCM remake. What did everyone think of that? I saw it at the cinema with Cordy and mr Neo ... I actually enjoyed it, I guess I went in thinking it was gonna be crap cuz it'd be all teen-based and like the rest of what recent teen-movies have been like. I downloaded it after I'd seen it at the cinema, and I must admit I like it a lot now and I'm looking forward to seeing the extras etc. I read somewhere in some review that they saw it more as 'another incident' rather than a 'remake' of the original, which I think could make a lot of sense - just like in the movie, with that girl who shoots herself .. that was another incident and it could quite easily make sense to see this movie as another incident. But hey I guess that's my view, I just thought I enjoyed it a lot more if I didn't view it thinking of the original all the time but treated it as a seperate story. I know I'm babbling here, sorry lol Anyway I thought it retained a lot of the feeling of the original, and what the original set out to do, and yeah I'm looking forward to the DVD :D

I actually had no problem with it at all. (I did however see it in a creepy cinema in downtown LA, with people who kept getting out of their seats and moving around behind me, so I guess that added to the feel of the movie).

I'm not a big fan of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, never have been, so I saw this film with some trepidation, (what with it being produced by Michael 'Pearl Harbor' Bay and all). But I thouroughly (sp?) enjoyed it. Even though the cinematographer was the same and everything, I just felt this one had a much better narrative structure than the first, and far more likeable characters (God how I wish Leatherface had got that bloody screaming girl at the end of the original, she was so annoying).

David - did you know that the US release of this comes with a collectable metal plate on DVD (Whatever that is...go to playusa.com and check it out).

By the way, this morning I received a signed photo from the guy who plays Leatherface in this version. That only leaves Leatherface III and Leatherface IV for my collection of signed pics.

Obi-Wan :lol:

• Moderators
I actually had no problem with it at all. (I did however see it in a creepy cinema in downtown LA, with people who kept getting out of their seats and moving around behind me, so I guess that added to the feel of the movie).

I'm not a big fan of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, never have been, so I saw this film with some trepidation, (what with it being produced by Michael 'Pearl Harbor' Bay and all). But I thouroughly (sp?) enjoyed it. Even though the cinematographer was the same and everything, I just felt this one had a much better narrative structure than the first, and far more likeable characters (God how I wish Leatherface had got that bloody screaming girl at the end of the original, she was so annoying).

David - did you know that the US release of this comes with a collectable metal plate on DVD (Whatever that is...go to playusa.com and check it out).

By the way, this morning I received a signed photo from the guy who plays Leatherface in this version. That only leaves Leatherface III and Leatherface IV for my collection of signed pics.

Obi-Wan :D

I think that's partly the reason that I don't see many horrors in cinemas - to me, they've often felt too comfortable etc and don't really add to the atmosphere for me. I'd rather sit at home and watch them with the curtains closed on my own and immerse myself in the atmosphere, but that's just me. Obviously cinemas have a lot better sound systems! B) I don't think I've ever been a '*massive* fan of the original, I do think it's a lot better than the sequels, but it still never really got to me at all. I think one major problem I had with it was the scene with the girl at the table, continuously screaming, that didn't make me feel sorry for her - it just made me wanna see her get killed so she'd shut up! There is the odd occasion where a scene is made well, and the atmosphere is built up, but for some reason I got more out of the newer version. Maybe my expectations were built too high by the video nasties situation and all of that, even though I think it was only banned because they couldn't have 'chain saw' in movie titles? I might be wrong, I know my memory often messes around with me lol Either that or my teachers lied to me in my media classes!

I'd like to meet the guy who played Leatherface in the recent version - I quite liked the fresh look that they gave him, and it'd be interesting to hear about what he did to get into the character as such, and how he felt about stepping into an iconic role - I certainly didn't feel like he tried to copy the original at all, it wasn't like I was really watching the same character or anything. Do you think they should do a sequel at all? Or do you think they should leave it as a success by just having one?

I think that's partly the reason that I don't see many horrors in cinemas - to me, they've often felt too comfortable etc and don't really add to the atmosphere for me. I'd rather sit at home and watch them with the curtains closed on my own and immerse myself in the atmosphere, but that's just me. Obviously cinemas have a lot better sound systems! :D I don't think I've ever been a '*massive* fan of the original, I do think it's a lot better than the sequels, but it still never really got to me at all. I think one major problem I had with it was the scene with the girl at the table, continuously screaming, that didn't make me feel sorry for her - it just made me wanna see her get killed so she'd shut up! There is the odd occasion where a scene is made well, and the atmosphere is built up, but for some reason I got more out of the newer version. Maybe my expectations were built too high by the video nasties situation and all of that, even though I think it was only banned because they couldn't have 'chain saw' in movie titles? I might be wrong, I know my memory often messes around with me lol Either that or my teachers lied to me in my media classes!

I'd like to meet the guy who played Leatherface in the recent version - I quite liked the fresh look that they gave him, and it'd be interesting to hear about what he did to get into the character as such, and how he felt about stepping into an iconic role - I certainly didn't feel like he tried to copy the original at all, it wasn't like I was really watching the same character or anything. Do you think they should do a sequel at all? Or do you think they should leave it as a success by just having one?

Actually you can see the Leatherface from the remake on screen as Chris Walken's son in Batman Returns, though he has put on a lot of weight and muscle since then.

As for sequels...not sure. I don't think it's necessary.

• Moderators
I think most movies are worth renting, at least to try them :lol:

I never rent movies anymore, haven't done since around 1996. I generally go out and buy stuff I'm interested in, or wait for it to come on Sky.

I don't have Sky at uni so thats quite annoying, and I wish I could afford to buy everything I wanted lol :D so I use an online rental thing, monthly fee and just get whatever I want from that .. probably cancel it once I get home tho.

I think most movies are worth renting, at least to try them :D

I never rent movies anymore, haven't done since around 1996. I generally go out and buy stuff I'm interested in, or wait for it to come on Sky.

I don't have Sky at uni so thats quite annoying, and I wish I could afford to buy everything I wanted lol :lol: so I use an online rental thing, monthly fee and just get whatever I want from that .. probably cancel it once I get home tho.

That is a shame. I don't have Sky Movies at the moment either. I asked them to turn it off as they were playing the same old crap on rotation day in day out.

However I do use Sci-Fi Channel as a good source for some obscure horror though.

Mine was £11.49 which was the cheapest I could find it after searching around on a couple of sites - although seein as it was part of my bday pressie I wasn't too fussed lol

I think it was alittle bit more than that, but me ain't to bothered :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Wrong Turn today with my birthday money.

I thought it was pretty good. A couple of little shocks and some interesting ideas. It kept me interested all the way through.

I thought it was going to be crap at the beginning with the two "stoners".

Plus it was a nice suprise for me because I quite fancy the dude with the longer hair, he has been in some other stuff as well.

One thing that totally annoyed me though, was that bad continuity bit at the beginning when he has the flower round his neck.

He has it round his neck on a couple of scenes before she actually picks it and puts it there.

I noticed this because I thought he just had a really dodgy necklace! :)

But yeah, it seemed a good film. Quite gripping. Good make-up on the rednecks.

Plus I am fascinated with that whole inbred backwoods "squeal like a pig" thing!!!!

Katie