ANY NEW GUESTS STILL COMING OR NOT?

LJGreen

I get people's frustrations about only having 4 guests, but can't we at least try to show some enthusiasm for the ones already announced? I feel kinda bad for ME and also the guests that so many are moaning or simply spending so much time speculating about new guests. Although I'd obviously love more guests, I'm still exited to see Anthony and co, meet my friends and enjoy the event in general.

Keep some focus, is all I'm saying! :P

I paid up as soon as Jewel announced she was going, i could die happy just to meet her and Alan as this is the nearest to a Firefly con i have without crossing to the US.

Agree! I wanted to go pre-Jewel but as soon as she was announced I went and bought it "there and then" (when my money came in). No one would probably complain at seeing more guests but the ones we have are fantastic :P (Originally I was only going for 3 but now that I've seen Angel I'm off for all 4 :YAHOO:)

Excited and definitely looking forward to the weekend and the lovely four we have!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get people's frustrations about only having 4 guests, but can't we at least try to show some enthusiasm for the ones already announced? I feel kinda bad for ME and also the guests that so many are moaning or simply spending so much time speculating about new guests. Although I'd obviously love more guests, I'm still exited to see Anthony and co, meet my friends and enjoy the event in general.

Keep some focus, is all I'm saying! :YAHOO:

No frustration here about there being only four guests. It's just that as I have met so few from the Whedonverse the more guests that attend the more I get to meet :dance:

I am really looking forward to meeting both Alan and Stephanie as I have never met them. Even though I have already met Anthony at Collectormania Manchester he will be great to see again.

Then there is Jewel....yes I have met her twice before but she is the friendliest guest I have met so far in the last 3 years...aside from Firefly there is also Stargate :P ...and of course :P

Glad ur all excited! It's nice to see some positive comments - even my friends are going on about new guests, so it's getting me down a bit! I've met Anthony briefly and Jewel, but they were so great, Im really excited to spend more time with them and I've never met Alan or Stephanie, so extra excited about them!! :YAHOO:

I've resigned myself to the fact that this is the line up but do you know what I plan on having the best time anyway and making the msot of the guests we do have. The only one i've met is ASH and he was one of the nicest guests ever so lets make the most of whatever we get and party hard lol.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this is the line up but do you know what I plan on having the best time anyway and making the msot of the guests we do have. The only one i've met is ASH and he was one of the nicest guests ever so lets make the most of whatever we get and party hard lol.

i aim to party :(:YAHOO: and have the best weekend ever and meet loads of new groovy peeps can't wait :P

i dont think we are getting anybody new - but thats just my view on things and its a real shame if we dont.

i know loads of people are happy with the guests and i agree both tony and steph are lovely - but for me personally im kinda regretting how early i booked this one before knowing the guests (thats my own fault i know lol)

I personally have already met tony and steph and the other two im sure are v nice people but im not a dollhouse/firefly fan...so for me...personally...im not that happy with the line up this yr.

But like i said, thats just my opinion :)

My friends and i have gold tickets, we are buffy & angel fans too and have been to a lot of cons over the years. We bought tickets at the last event thinking we would get at least 6 guests & i was hoping for at least 2 buffy guests i admit as i am not really into firefly either. I have met all the guests before (and they are all very nice) & particularly want to see stephanie and tony again but i wonder if i should have waited before deciding which ticket to get.

This said i am very much looking forward to this event, the fans are fantastic and last years guests were good fun, & i am sure when we get there it will be great but i would be happy if we had some news in advance as to whether this is the final line up now.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by buffy2k

I have to agree with you this time, my friends and i all have gold tickets, we are buffy & angel fans too and have been to a lot of cons over the years. We bought tickets at the last event thinking we would get at least 6 guests & i was hoping for at least 2 buffy guests i admit as i am not really into firefly either. I have met all the guests before & particularly want to see stephanie and tony again but i wonder whether i should have waited longer before deciding what ticket type to get.

This said i am very much looking forward to this event, the fans are fantastic and last years guests were good fun, & i am sure when we get there it will be great but i would be happy if we had some news as to whether this is the final line up now.

Fingers crossed.

I agree with you i brought my tickets early too i saw last year line up and wanting to get in early.. i havent seen any of guests and this is first convention so looking forward to it.. yeah i agree with money you pay for gold ticket you do wonder with 4 guests is it worth it ... im not complaing about guests we got im buffy/angel fan more i enjoyed dollhouse never seen firefly but still going enjoy it i agree its just waiting for news i check at work to see if any one new appears

I don't like buffy much it's a passable show but I can't quote it like I do with firefly likewise with angel, it was only really good in season 1 with Doyle so I only want to meet Tony for merlin and gold blend ads (adverts from my youth) and not really wanting steph (*wolfram and hart did nothing for me) no offense steph but thats the role were paying to see.

There's just one problem with leaving purchasing your tickets until some good guests are announced. If SM don't sell tickets there won't be any good guests. They can't ask big actors/actresses to the con on the strength that people might buy tickets. If you wanna wait before getting tickets that's your choice but you can't expect SM to get amazing guests with low ticket sales! Don't shout at me, i'm just saying lol.

I booked at H1 when ASH was announced and very happy with the line-up so far.

Met Tony Head and Steph Romanov.....both great guests..

How's the ET event Chimms?

Mark Lutz came with Leah Gibson to ET4, so got to meet him for the first time. Also Gil Birmingham from Inca Mummy Girl. :lol:

I don't like buffy much it's a passable show but I can't quote it like I do with firefly likewise with angel, it was only really good in season 1 with Doyle so I only want to meet Tony for merlin and gold blend ads (adverts from my youth) and not really wanting steph (*wolfram and hart did nothing for me) no offense steph but thats the role were paying to see.

must ignore buffy comment, must ignore buffy comment, must ignore buffy comment :lol:

Am lucky am all rounded jossverse fan, I LOVE buffy (an unhealthy amount), Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr Horrible and well you get the idea. I even bought the comics but didnt like what happened to the buffy/angel characters so stopped. Am happy with the line but since I only started doing cons recently I have yet to meet any of them. So I can imagine seasoned con attendee's being disappointed with the line up.

Am not disppointed with the line up but I am disappointed with the numbers. More so as they wont announce if this is the final line up. I get what the mods mean when they say they wont announce until the deals done but wouldnt hurt for them to say This isnt the final line up guys be a bit more patient or this is the final line up.

Well I'd be pretty disappointed if there are only four guests at this con. Especially as the website for Hallowhedon still specifies that new guests will be announced, and has done for a long time. I hope no one has bought their tickets recently based on that statement...

There's just one problem with leaving purchasing your tickets until some good guests are announced. If SM don't sell tickets there won't be any good guests. They can't ask big actors/actresses to the con on the strength that people might buy tickets. If you wanna wait before getting tickets that's your choice but you can't expect SM to get amazing guests with low ticket sales! Don't shout at me, i'm just saying lol.

I always promote any event to others as i have with this to sell tickets, however, a lot of us bought our tickets a year ago at HW1 and we still only have 4 guests 4 days before the event so this can work both ways. I know people who havent booked because of the small no. of guests so are going to another con.

I shall have fun,i always do & i can talk buffy stuff for hours with other fans & i am still living in hope of more announcements!

Edited by buffy2k

i was also one of the ones to buy tickets at hw1 after hearign the 6 guests and anthony been the first i had hopes, dont get me wrong im happy with the guests weve got like iv said before, 2 are new to me so YAY for that but i was hoping for 6.. or even 5, its a little dispointing to just have 4... unless its someone WOW i wont be booking again so soon (probubly still totaly be coming tho :whistling: lol) just with xmas coming up and stuff i'll be more causious this time x

I still think we're going to get at least one guest before the week is out, possiably two. I've just had this gut feeling that there's going to be a very nice surprize coming and I'm not usually wrong with my gut feelings :YAHOO: So hopefully it won't let me down this time.

I booked at H1 when ASH was announced and very happy with the line-up so far.

Met Tony Head and Steph Romanov.....both great guests..

How's the ET event Chimms?

Mark Lutz came with Leah Gibson to ET4, so got to meet him for the first time. Also Gil Birmingham from Inca Mummy Girl. :YAHOO:

:D I managed to get a quick chat with him at the Sunday night party in the end.

I'm soooo disappointed by the guests (I like only Buffy and just ONE guest is not enough) so I'm not an attendee any more :-(! I come from France and it's too expensive for me to come just for one guest. When I bought my pass, I hope there will be more Buffy guests (4 at Hallowhedon 1 !!! and two main cast) !!! I want to meet Anthony but I can't. Disappointed and sad :-(