if you really want to help make this event bigger and better

showmasters

It is unfortunate if there's no one for you to meet personally. I don't know much about Glasgow signings in general, so I can't really comment on that. I guess it depends on where you go etc.

It does depend on where you go but surely in the age of the internet it would be possible to keep an eye on events which are happening in the places that your events are being organised to try to provide a little more variety than is clearly on offer this time. It is interesting to know that there are others who have been feeling the same as me.

• Moderators

But then do you assume that just because a guest appeared elsewhere, they wouldn't be popular here?

Do you judge based on other conventions, or book signings, store signings etc?

I'm sure they take it into consideration, but then some people just do these events for example. Some do premieres, stage doors etc. Some do EVERYTHING, and then how do you please them? Some will meet the same guest over and over again. Others only want to meet a guest once.

All I'm saying is there's so many different factors the organiser has to take into consideration, and I'm sure it'd be easy to say 'no we can't get this guest because..' to nearly everyone they've had. Then you'd end up with no one.