Hostel 3

danvader123@hotmail.co.uk

This past week we caught up with writer-director-actor-producer Eli Roth to talk about The Last Exorcism, his horror flick that began a slew of special screenings at the San Diego Comic-Con (more on this soon). While a full report is forthcoming, we did have a chance to briefly talk to Roth about Hostel: Part 3, and his highly anticipated return to the director's chair.

While Eli is listed as a producer on Sony Stage 6's Hostel: Part III, he explains that he won't be involved... at all.

"I'm not involved in any way," Roth tells Bloody Disgusting in an exclusive chat. "Any information that says I'm a producer on it is false. I think they're shooting in August, but Scott Spiegel is the one who can answer all questions on the film. I wish those guys the best of luck and hope they come back with a great film, but I have nothing to do with it."

Spiegel is directing the sequel from a screenplay by Michael Weiss that takes an interesting turn: it will head to Vegas where a bachelor party goes horribly wrong. The groom could have a price on his head...

We also talked to Roth about his experience acting in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds and his time away from directing. How much Eli will be see in the next few years?

"I don't consider working on Basterds being out of action, it's all part of a body of work I've done," he explains. "It's different from directing, but I still put 100% of myself into everything I do. The Hostel films were 3 years nonstop with no breaks. And by no breaks I mean there was not a single day off. I needed to recharge my batteries and refocus where I wanted to go from here creatively. I could feel I needed to pace myself, so Basterds was a great way to keep working without burning out. The film business can chew people up and spit them out and I want to be careful and smart about each film I get involved in."

When asked if he has even more projects in the works outside of Endangered Species, Thanksgiving and Funhouse, he proclaimed, "Of course. All will be revealed in due time."

The Last Exorcism arrives in theaters August 27.

• 2 weeks later...

Could Danielle Harris be any more busy? She has been churning one horror flick out after another with Night of the Living Dead: Origins, Hatchet 2 and The Victim. Now via her Twitter, Ms. Harris spilled the beans about her next project and reading for another popular horror franchise. We say bring it on! We can't get enough of Danielle! Read more.

Follow up:

Here's what she recently had to say via her Twitter account:

"SO EXCITED to tackle the most challenging role yet! Gonna star in "Shiver" opposite John Jarratt and Luke Goss. I'm so ready for this"

""Shiver" is a Brian Harper novel directed by Julian Richards produced by Robert Weinbach. Haven't been this terrified reading in a LONG TIME "

"I read for my friend Eli Roth's "Hostel 3" on Monday and meeting Robert Weinbach today for "Shiver" BOTH AWESOME!! Fingers crossed!!! "

Nice to hear that our Scream Queen is hard at work. She has a fine body . . . of work and these will be nice additions to her highness's ever growing list of horror roles. Shiver in particular is right up her alley. Read the synopsis below:

Synopsis: Wendy Alden, a young, attractive secretary in a large urban center (St. Louis) lacking in self- confidence and self-esteem becomes victim of a savage killer who has claimed the lives of a number of other women.

Here's to hoping we see Danielle scores a blockbuster roll in the not too distant future! All hail the Scream Queen!

yeah she really is a busy lady atm im going up to london to meet her in a couple of weeks she is gonna b at frightfest film festival in lecister square,cant wait her and kane hodder,adam green and a load of other horror film types are gonna be there cant wait to meet kane again and meet eli roth and adam green!! gonna b a good weekend i think!

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Stage 6 is officially gearing up for Hostel: Part III as they've locked in Kip Pardue (The Rules of Attraction, Wizard of Gore, Stag Night) for the lead role. As previously reported here in Bloody Disgusting, the pic being helmed by Scott Spiegel, and produced by Chris Briggs and Mike Fleiss, revolves around Pardue's character who attends his best friend's Vegas bachelor party with an insidious agenda that plays into the human hunt. Expect plenty more casting in the coming weeks. Shooting is set to begin next week.www.bloodydisgusting.com

BREAKING NEWS: Bloody Disgusting learned exclusively that Brian Hallisay ("Eastwick", "Bones") and Sarah Habel ("Party Down", The Butterfly Effect 3) will be starring alongside Kip Pardue (The Rules of Attraction, Wizard of Gore, Stag Night) in Hostel: Part III. Being directed by Scott Spiegel from a screenplay by producer Michael Weiss, the interesting turn is that Hostel: Part III will head to Vegas where a bachelor party goes horribly wrong. Could the groom have a price on his head? Stage 6 is producing, which typically means a direct-to-disc release. How many of you are excited?www.bloodydisgusting.com

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Kurtzman's FX outfit Creature Corps revealed via their website today that they're working on Hostel: Part III.

The site says: Genre fans may recall that Precinct 13 worked on the original HOSTEL back in 2005, and that writer/director Scott Spiegel has worked with Robert Kurtzman on numerous projects over the past three decades. Kurtzman just returned from a visit to the Michigan set of HOSTEL 3, where the blood is flowing nicely.

So now it's Michigan standing in for Las Vegas, where the third film takes place. If you recall, the upcoming Fright Night is also taking place in Vegas, however, shooting is actually occurring in New Mexico. Why are productions avoiding actually shooting in Vegas? The cost is too high, in case you're wondering.

Hostel: Part III stars Kip Pardue, Brian Hallisay, Sarah Habel, John Hensley, Skyler Stone and Thomas Kretschmann and is directed by Scott Spiegel. www.shocktillyoudrop.com