New Event Announcement - BITTEN 2

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that we will be holding our second True Blood event, Bitten 2, on 5th to 7th August 2011! :D

It will be at The Park Inn, Northampton again and is sure to be another wicked weekend to remember! :(

Tickets are on sale now here

We truly believe that this event will grow and grow and definitely think that it deserves a 2011 outing! Ticket sales have improved a fair bit in the last month with us having around 300 attendees now and we have some great ideas for new promotions ensuring that the 2011 will be even bigger than this year.

Also, we realise that there have been some problems for a few of you with booking The Park Inn. We have spoken with the hotel and I am confident that these issues will not present themselves again.

Also, we know that rooms at the Park Inn are limited and we want to make the system for getting those rooms as fair as possible. With that in mind no rooms will be on sale for Bitten 2 until the Sunday morning of this first event. On Sunday you will only be able to book a room if you can show a receipt that you have bought your ticket for Bitten 2. We also understand that it will be a year until that show is going to take place so with the Park Inn's co-operation you will not need to pay for your room in full in advance. What they will do on booking is take a £10 per person non-refundable deposit with the balance of the room cost due by the end of January 2011 at the latest. This should help people both be able to book into The Park Inn and budget to be able to afford it.

This has all been put in place to ensure the system is as fair as possible for everyone and also help people with budgeting. As we always say, staying at the event hotel is always the best way to experience the convention and we hope this will help many of you to be able to do that.

Thanks so much for all your support. We are all REALLY looking forward to this event in the office. It should be an absolute scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mark :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was somewhere with an airport I'd be there in a flash. As it is it's just too expensive and time consuming

(3 changes) to get there by train :(

Is there a reason behind having cons in Northampton, it seems a bit random?

Bring on some Glasgow cons!

That is excellent news.

Does that mean though, that say I book my ticket for Bitten 2 in a few months and decide to book The Park Inn at the same time, that I will still be able to do it via a deposit?

If any of that makes sense?

I second that, do we have to pay upfront for the Park Inn as that will hinder me and my friend booking. I can probably manage the Bitten2 tickets up front but not the hotel sadly. Its just too much money :(

• Showmasters Admin

That is excellent news.

Does that mean though, that say I book my ticket for Bitten 2 in a few months and decide to book The Park Inn at the same time, that I will still be able to do it via a deposit?

Yes, you will still be able to book the Park Inn with a deposit only, even after the Sunday of this show, up until end of January when full payment will be required for anyone booking or who has already booked with deposit!

Mark :(

That is excellent news.

Yes, you will still be able to book the Park Inn with a deposit only, even after the Sunday of this show, up until end of January when full payment will be required for anyone booking or who has already booked with deposit!

Thanks Mark thats great.

That is excellent news.

Thanks Mark - that's excellent news! :D

• Moderators

please get Jim Parrack back!!!! I'd love to have met him but by the time he was announced I wasnt able to arrange time off work. Please please please!!

I think it's really unlikely they'll have anyone back from this one. They usually spread them out around signing events if they do repeat appearances, or at least have them come back a couple of cons after.

I am ssoooo ssssssooooooooo happy about this :YAHOO: can't go Bitten coz I'm on holiday... And will literally be planning my next year summer hol around this!! Was a little worried there wouldn't be another one because of the ticket sales, and still mega gutted I am missing out on Sam and HOYT but this has made my day :D:dance: