General Suggestion - YouTube/Internet guests?

So i'm not sure how many people on here are youtube fans and whilst YouTubers do hold their own mini-gatherings (with the exception of the recent VidCon in LA), they're few and far between, and usually fairly small, quickly-packed affairs. It'd be cool to get some of these YouTubers at a bigger event so that more fans can see them, and you may also attract a new crowd to the event if they post about the appearance on their channel/website.

Oo, and you could also have general internet guests? Like from webseries and that. if there's enough interest (going by responses to thread)

To start off here are my suggestions (some of these I have already mentioned in the music thread but they are vloggers too):

John/Hank Green (John is also an author and Hank Green is a musician. together they're called 'vlogbrothers' and pretty much started the 'nerdfighter' movement on youtube)

FRED/Lucas Cruikshank (ok so he's kinda love/hate but he does signings in hot topic and that in America and i'm camp *love*)

Ze Frank - the original vlogger, though I discovered his website first with all its little games and amusements

Alex Day (doing an excerpt from 'alex day reads twilight' would be even better!)

Charlie McDonnell (he presented a bafta ya know! it was sponsored by youtube)

Edd Gould/Eddsworld (cartoonist/animator.. ok he's a friend but has a big fanbase)

Angry Nintendo Nerd.

Chris Crocker.

and get back the Cyanide and Happiness blokes.

Agreed, Matt and Rob were lovely but they should bring Kris and Dave too.

The casts of The Guild and The Legend of Neil!

Defiantly agreed Felicia will be hardest to get but she does enjoy the cons.

Funnily enough I was about to suggest this. Personally I would love to meet some Youtubes/ other internet guests. Although I can understand that maybe Showmasters might think it's a bit risky, especially ones from outside the UK. Due to the cost of flights and how much it would end up being to get them over here, especially if it's only a small group of people who want to see them. (can't understnad why it'd only be a small group, myself :crying: )

So yeah personally I would love this to happen, but understand there may be problems making it happen. Maybe strt of with UK based Youtubers, such as Alex & Charlie <3. And see how it goes. Obviously we don't actually know if they'd do an event like this, but if there were some Doctor Who actors/actresses going to the same event. They may be persuaded :blink:

Edited by xxobsessedxx

(can't understnad why it'd only be a small group, myself :WINCE: )

Of course you can. They're Z list at most. In most cases I wouldnt think of these people as being talented either...SM bringing in guests just for the sake of them being "famous" seems a wasted opportunity. I mean, Chris Crocker? Really? People want him/her at a con???

ah i know many of you may hate these guys because of what they do in conventions but i do love the conventioneers lol. they may even come cause they have been pretty much banned from all the convention places in their town lol. also id love to meet ask a ninja guy, ive seen all his shows on youtube and i love them! and chad vader! :D

Well, if we are suggesting YouTube celebrities:

Ray William Johnson (=3)

Tessa Violet (Meekakitty)

Thomas-Rees Kaye (themastercrevasse)

Sebastian Bird (DaleksFearMe)

Philip Defranco (sxephil)

Adam Kovic (TheDeadPixel)

Ian and Anthony (Smosh)

and a internet celebrity who branched out onto his own site:

Doug Walker (The Nostalgia Critic)

Edited by The 9th Doctor

Would love to meet Alex Day & Charlie McDonnell! They could kinda be music guests too due to being half of Chameleon Circuit, as well as their own individual music.

Would also love to meet Dan Brown (No not Da Vinci Code Dan Brown), but that's a bit of a long shot due to him living in the States.

Well, if we are suggesting YouTube celebrities:

Ray William Johnson (=3)

Tessa Violet (Meekakitty)

Thomas-Rees Kaye (themastercrevasse)

Sebastian Bird (DaleksFearMe)

Philip Defranco (sxephil)

Adam Kovic (TheDeadPixel)

Ian and Anthony (Smosh)

and a internet celebrity who branched out onto his own site:

Doug Walker (The Nostalgia Critic)

SMOSH! <3 and yeh no need to come here being rude.

also, just because they are not on any 'list' doesn't mean people don't wanna meet them... and just because they're not an actor from a tv show or film doesn't mean they're not worthy of recognition. The internet is a new kind of media and whilst some people become famous for the sake of it or for some embarrassing moment that happened to be caught on tape, there are some that put genuine effort into their content and are entertaining/interesting through their thoughts/wit and personality. Some of these people have hundreds of thousands of subscribers/visitors. I'd rather meet them than someone who was once 'stormtrooper number 51'.

I agree with the comment about testing the waters with the uk based ones that are going to be relatively easy to get hold of, just to see.

^ Yeah, that's true, but you've also got the other side that it could potentially bring a lot of new customers if some of the bigger names such as Shane Dawson or RWJ with big fan-bases were to attend.

I can totally understand where you're coming from though, to people that aren't big followers of Youtube or similar sites these type of guests might seem a little too unknown or even out of place (for lack of a better word) for this kind of event.

I'm not talking sitting them alongside the film guests and such.. i'm talking treating them on the same level as the comic artists/cyanide and happiness guys - dunno if those guys set up their own stall but twice they've had them appearing now and they're just blokes doing an online comic.

Some people may see comic artists as glorified colouring in as sometimes they aren't even the main artist/writer.

I was thinking more along the lines of just having a couple of stalls or a 'mini' section like artist alley where we could have a couple of people from web series/youtbe, or even just a talk about being 'famous on youtube' and what it is they do and opportunities it has led them to, being partnered etc.

I wasn't talking song and dance front page announcement, more the sorta thing - like cyanide and happiness - where ya have to look hard or already be familiar with them because they announce their own appearance.

Watch this if you wanna see the sort of crowds some people from youtube can bring:

(first few secs and 1:42-2:47)

I'm not talking sitting them alongside the film guests and such.. i'm talking treating them on the same level as the comic artists/cyanide and happiness guys - dunno if those guys set up their own stall but twice they've had them appearing now and they're just blokes doing an online comic.

Some people may see comic artists as glorified colouring in as sometimes they aren't even the main artist/writer.

I was thinking more along the lines of just having a couple of stalls or a 'mini' section like artist alley where we could have a couple of people from web series/youtbe, or even just a talk about being 'famous on youtube' and what it is they do and opportunities it has led them to, being partnered etc.

I wasn't talking song and dance front page announcement, more the sorta thing - like cyanide and happiness - where ya have to look hard or already be familiar with them because they announce their own appearance.

Watch this if you wanna see the sort of crowds some people from youtube can bring:

(first few secs and 1:42-2:47)

I wasn't having a dig or anything after all we all have different interest and ideas and no one can say whiich is better or worse. I'm into Star Wars but not Star trek where someone might be the opposite as long as no one belittles the views of someone else I think its fine to vent our views which in this case I was. I just don't use you tube for anything other than how to get 3 stars in angry birds! but maybe thats because i'm older lol. I always saw you tube as something anyone could be on. Although I appreciate what you were saying about having a small area and maybe trying it at an event will show if there's a call for this sort of thing!

:clap: