things are going to change for 2011

we are not moving just taking more of the hall

so do not worry and enjoy the future as its going to be great

jason :D

jason I sent a message to tootall and asked him to pass it on for your attention, might be nothing but wanted to give you a heads up on something.

Regards

Rob

Rob, you might be waiting a couple of weeks for that to happen as TT is still on holiday....I think!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are not moving just taking more of the hall

so do not worry and enjoy the future as its going to be great

jason :D

jason I sent a message to tootall and asked him to pass it on for your attention, might be nothing but wanted to give you a heads up on something.

Regards

Rob

Rob, you might be waiting a couple of weeks for that to happen as TT is still on holiday....I think!!

no rush, its regarding lfcc 2011, its just some info that id rather went to the big boys and not everyone on the info email as I dont want to get in trouble my end with to many ppl knowing, and I had TooTalls email.

Love the idea of the show being bigger and better and can't wait for next year ... but my only comment would be that by bringing in sports and music guests, doesn't that change it into another Collectormania event rather than being specifically 'Film and Comic' ?!

• Moderators

Love the idea of the show being bigger and better and can't wait for next year ... but my only comment would be that by bringing in sports and music guests, doesn't that change it into another Collectormania event rather than being specifically 'Film and Comic' ?!

It's a name, that's all. It has film guests, it has comic guests, and they'd be crazy to limit it to JUST those when television guests and others are popular too. What about TV guests that have never been in any films? I'm sure people wouldn't expect them to not be allowed.

The sports and music guests are additional to the normal lineup, and so their appearance will not impact on the quality of the main lineup. So I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

• Showmasters Admin

Just one thing to add - any chance of some seats!?!?!?

This is always asked for after an event, and to be honest, nothing is ever done about it. I would imagine there's some reason.

I think in the past it's always been a space issue. To make it have an impact you'd need at least 100 seats, and there just hasn't been the space to put them. Maybe now that it's expanding there will be space for them.

Music guests are cool but i'm a bit confused. Wouldn't they be better at London COLLECTORMANIA than London FILM AND COMIC CON? Unless there is a name change of the event planned? I know this has already been said but it is still a bit strange. I thought the point of LFCC was to get the bigger film and TV names and collectormania was a bit of everything.

• Moderators

Music guests are cool but i'm a bit confused. Wouldn't they be better at London COLLECTORMANIA than London FILM AND COMIC CON? Unless there is a name change of the event planned? I know this has already been said but it is still a bit strange. I thought the point of LFCC was to get the bigger film and TV names and collectormania was a bit of everything.

They're not going to get hung up on the names of the events. They get a wide range of guests at all their signing events, and certainly sports/music ones have no overall impact on the film/tv lineup.

They get guests when they are available. If they only stuck to film and comic guests for LFCC, then that would limit them a lot wouldn't it? After all, TV isn't in the name!

I understand why some find it a little strange, but they are just names used for marketing in the end, and while they do generally describe what's on offer, the events offer so much beyond that.

You get music in films don't you?!

Yeah it'd be cool to get some score composers etc

They're not going to get hung up on the names of the events. They get a wide range of guests at all their signing events, and certainly sports/music ones have no overall impact on the film/tv lineup.

They get guests when they are available. If they only stuck to film and comic guests for LFCC, then that would limit them a lot wouldn't it? After all, TV isn't in the name!

I understand why some find it a little strange, but they are just names used for marketing in the end, and while they do generally describe what's on offer, the events offer so much beyond that.

I know i guess i'm a bit ODC with being specific lol. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW what a show 2010's LFCC was :D

that was amazing

now lets get on with 2011's event

and i think we need a few changes to make the event work even better fix the odd thing that was over worked on the day , now to go to the next stage and take it on the road to an event more amazing weekend for all of you ;)

1 Bigger hall , so on the Sat we can all move around more

2 photo ops to start from 10 am so we can get more in and also run them longer so we do not sell out to early

3 Bigger talk zones

4 open till later on the Saturday

5 weekend pass for all days

6 more time for the auction and a list up on the site before the event and at the event

7 more people to run the credit card and photo ops sales to make them work better and faster for you all

8 more fun activities like quiz's on the day and games to play while you are at the event

9 a Saturday night party

10 friday night preview opening

11 more sports guests to attend

12 more free giveaways for you the fans

13 music guests

14 better signage out side the event

15 days of the guest and prices to go up sooner so you can plan your trip

16 lots more really fun things that we have planed but we just cannot tell you about like this year with the DC

Display and the Batmobile :(:P

so as you can see we are working to improve the event and keep it fresh and take it to the next level so thank you to all of you that are making this all happen with out you all this could not happen , and it really is happening 2011 WOW ;)

Jason :WAVE:

I have a few thoughts for next year, I hope you will read them with the same sense of humour in which I write them, I tend to write short sentences, which I know some people find annoying, but I hope you'll forgive me.

I think it's great that you are not just resting on the laurels of a great and growing Convention (which I hope next year will outgrow Earl's Court). I'm sure the planning is a logistical nightmare, and I really don't envy you organisers.

More sports guests to attend? Music guests? Does this call for an event name change from LFCC? Having Mike Tyson here was justified as his being in "The Hangover", but the number of boxing clubs represented in the queue was quite amazing. Can't we have LFCC for films and comics, and Autographica for autographs?

I love the idea of previews, having the Resonance trailer shown was great, although I think it deserved a better location, and I loved their viral marketing game although I couldn't work on it until I got home.

Having photo ops earlier means that more people need to buy Early Bird tickets, but I think your suggestion of finishing later would be a great help (and the great atmosphere means a lot of us hang around after official closing time, anyway). The DC Alley took up a large space in the hall (I would assume at least as big as the Cosplay Stage). I was a little surprised that some of the signing desks weren't just inside the hall, it seemed to work OK last year, or were some people just coming in, get sigs and going?

Would vertical/angled display boards be better (space-wise) for displaying the photos?

I travelled 220 miles to get to Earl's Court, what size signage would I need? Having the times of guest photoshoots the day before the Con would be a real help, however, I do realise that at times there would probably need to be some last minute rescheduling, e.g Peter Fascinelli last year (Now where did I put that passport?) I've never had a problem with giveaways (the DVD in the DC bag was superb, btw). A convention goodybag? Yes, please! Money off vouchers for local restaurants? Mmmm....nice! (Sorry, food is one of my hot pockets....err... topics). I love the good-natured auctions, although I missed one this year.

Needless to say, I'll be down in November for Collectormania, and doubtless here Nov 2011, and I don't come down alone. The best advertising is word of mouth (or nowadays by typing) so if people want this show to be even bigger (more reputation brings more guests), then they should tell their friends...to tell their friends...

Sorry about all the words, I hope at least some of it is helpful. :smile:

• Moderators

More sports guests to attend? Music guests? Does this call for an event name change from LFCC? Having Mike Tyson here was justified as his being in "The Hangover", but the number of boxing clubs represented in the queue was quite amazing. Can't we have LFCC for films and comics, and Autographica for autographs?

In my opinion, they would be silly to limit themselves to exactly what is stated in the name. Then they only have a very small number of dates to schedule specific guests around.

If Mike Tyson had never been in a film, yet he could only do LFCC, would they then say 'no thanks!' because he doesn't fit exactly under that 'film and comic' umbrella? I think that'd be pretty crazy.

It's just a name for marketing purposes. They can't call it the London Film and TV and Comics and Games and Sports and Music Con after all. We do often get the biggest film guests and most comic guests at this event anyway. It just so happens we get some great TV ones too, and some sports/music ones as a bonus. Those ones certainly don't take away from the main lineup, so I don't see what harm they do :smile:

In my opinion, they would be silly to limit themselves to exactly what is stated in the name. Then they only have a very small number of dates to schedule specific guests around.

If Mike Tyson had never been in a film, yet he could only do LFCC, would they then say 'no thanks!' because he doesn't fit exactly under that 'film and comic' umbrella? I think that'd be pretty crazy.

It's just a name for marketing purposes. They can't call it the London Film and TV and Comics and Games and Sports and Music Con after all. We do often get the biggest film guests and most comic guests at this event anyway. It just so happens we get some great TV ones too, and some sports/music ones as a bonus. Those ones certainly don't take away from the main lineup, so I don't see what harm they do :(

It's true, we have had some cracking guests.

WOW what a show 2010's LFCC was :D

that was amazing

now lets get on with 2011's event

and i think we need a few changes to make the event work even better fix the odd thing that was over worked on the day , now to go to the next stage and take it on the road to an event more amazing weekend for all of you :D

1 Bigger hall , so on the Sat we can all move around more

2 photo ops to start from 10 am so we can get more in and also run them longer so we do not sell out to early

3 Bigger talk zones

4 open till later on the Saturday

5 weekend pass for all days

6 more time for the auction and a list up on the site before the event and at the event

7 more people to run the credit card and photo ops sales to make them work better and faster for you all

8 more fun activities like quiz's on the day and games to play while you are at the event

9 a Saturday night party

10 friday night preview opening

11 more sports guests to attend

12 more free giveaways for you the fans

13 music guests

14 better signage out side the event

15 days of the guest and prices to go up sooner so you can plan your trip

16 lots more really fun things that we have planed but we just cannot tell you about like this year with the DC

Display and the Batmobile :dance::clap:

so as you can see we are working to improve the event and keep it fresh and take it to the next level so thank you to all of you that are making this all happen with out you all this could not happen , and it really is happening 2011 WOW :D

Jason :wub:

Jason, thank you. That pretty much covers any probs I had at LFCC 2010 and all the issues posted by peeps here - it's good to know you've taken on board our feedback in a positive way.

Roll on LFCC 2011! :o

Could we also have more seating areas also, my feet were killing me waiting for my Son coming out of his photo shoots. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This all sounds FAB!

BUT!

Can I just put a spanner in the works and ask if this means that the prices will go up significantly?

Obviously, Using more of the EC is going to cost you more to rent etc isn`t it?

I`ve noticed that CML this yr now has an entrance fee whereas it was free last yr.

(Not complaining btw, Just wondering!)

:)

Edited by SacredSilence