There ya go Kids

TishTosh

Nightmare On Elm Street - not the best horror movie ever, obviously, but the first one that I ever saw and one that I'll always be grateful to for introducing me to horror!

I have my Grandmother to thank for introducing me to horror when I was five or six years old, and the first horror movie I saw was James Whales Frankenstein - the Universal Classic. In fact I love most of the Universal Classics, Creature From The Black Lagoon being my favourite.

Obi-Wan :spidy:

• Moderators

I remember looking through my TV guide one night cuz I was bored and seeing Nightmare On Elm Street, I can't have been very old .. and asked my mum to record it! She said yes, for some reason even tho I was young .. and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. I guess it's only been recently that I've kinda branched out into stuff like Japanese horror etc but I'm trying to get into a wider variety now!

The original Japanese version of The Ring. Scariest movie I ever saw!

Andrea

Ah yeah, I've seen parts of it that my sister played to me. Played me the scariest bits and out of context they were pretty hysterical! lol.

The first scary movie I ever saw was 'It' ! hehe...obviously not so scary, but i was only like 4 or something. :spidy:

I always find the subject of horror films quite confusing. when you say horror films are you talking about films that are about ghosts and gouls sort of like Nightmare on Elm Street, or are you talking about things that involve blood and guts maybe like Silence of the Lambs!!!!!!!

I'd be interested to see what the Japenese version of The Ring is like, I thought the newer version was naff to be honest.

lol I enjoyed 'IT', have it on video ... no1 ever seems to wanna discuss it with me cuz they don't like clowns :D

I love IT, especially as im scared of clowns!

That makes it all the spookier.

It is a bit dodgy at the end though. Bit pants really.

The first horror film I ever watched was the shining.

I saw it when I was about ten at a friends house.

I swore I would never watch another horror film as it scared me so much.

But I did. I saw Scream and wasnt so scared (I was still quite young when I saw it).

After that I just watched every horror film I could get my hands on.

Even though Scream gets a bad rep it is still a good horror film amongst the sea of naffitys that came out at that time.

And then when I watched the shining again, it still scared me s***less, but I loved it!!

• Moderators

Oooh The Shining only scared me when the blood comes outta the elevator, I dunno why, just made me feel a bit icky! lol

Last horror I saw was 28 Days Later which I felt was a let down :D I thought it had a lot of potential, and the sight of London being deserted n stuff was amazing but .. it got a bit crap, and the ending was very boring! Any1 else seen it?

Yeah I saw it and have it on DVD.

I have to admit the first time I saw it I loved it.

But after a couple of times you do sort of think its a bit stupid.

There are quite big plot holes that niggle if your anything like me.

Like the fact that there were no dead bodies or smashed up cars in the london bits.

I feel it should of looked more like at the end of Resident Evil.

It did still have some very scary moments, especially when they were underground in the tunnel, and they get a flat.

I still think it was a good idea, I like zombie apocalyptic films alot though, so I may be biased!

There have been some good british horror films recently though.

Dog Soldiers I loved.

I felt a little let down by deathwatch.

It was a good film but could of been better with the talent that was in it.

Andy Serkis was superb in it though, absolutely superb!

• Moderators

I got 28 Days Later and Deathwatch for xmas .. haven't had a chance to see Deathwatch yet but I've heard Andy is great! I really enjoy the beginning of 28 Days Later ... the amount of times I've been to London, I know what its like, and to see it empty n disasterous is awe-inspiring, but for the rest of it I kinda got bored to be honest :D and I was looking forward to the alternative ending cuz i didnt like the first one and errr it wasn't that much different lol I wasn't sure about Resident Evil, I guess for a film that came from a game it wasn't TOO bad considering the kinda crap thats been done before, but I do hope the sequel is better, there's a lot more they could do with it to be honest. Oooh Dog Soldiers, I wasn't really blown away by it at first but the more I watch it the better it gets, definitely growing on me ... it's a lot better than many of the Hollywood boring teen-horror crap thats been churned out lately.

I have missed so many of the hollywood teen crap movies.

I usually get them on DVD, as with horror films, even if they are crap they are usually watchable in some way.

I want to see Cabin Fever and Wrong Turn.

• Moderators

I've pre-ordered Wrong Turn (as a birthday present, yay!) so I shud get that tomorrow or Tuesday! :D I'm excited lol Cabin Fever looked ok ... I rent my dvds from Love Film, it's like £10 a month or something, pretty cool.

Oooh The Shining only scared me when the blood comes outta the elevator, I dunno why, just made me feel a bit icky! lol

Last horror I saw was 28 Days Later which I felt was a let down :D I thought it had a lot of potential, and the sight of London being deserted n stuff was amazing but .. it got a bit crap, and the ending was very boring! Any1 else seen it?

I've seen it, it was a bit slow in some places but i have seen a lot worse!!!lol

What about Poltergeist, thats probably one of the first scary films i saw.