Cosplay

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year is going to be the first year i shall be dressing up(well only on sunday for the bTTF photo)

My sister has only every been to one event before(she said she wanted to come when she found out Karen Gillan was going to be there, and now that Alex Kingston's going she will be coming both days aswell) but she said she wanted to dress up but is stuck for ideas, anyone got any suggestions(she decided yesterday she wanted to go in costume)

Try to think outside the box. Alot of people tend to do popular characters from TV, film, and comic books. You may see some people in the same costume, then it really comes down to who looks better. I know this as I did Rorschach from Watchmen a few years back, and found at least 3 other people who were doing it.

Also think what's popular this year, for guys it's gonna be Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern, Doc Who.

For girls, as Karen Gillan is attending, there will be alot of "Ponds" around. If there's something you really like and you think it would work, do it. Chances are people won't have the same idea.

This year I'm doing "Where's Wally". I know it's not the greatest cosplay ever, but I reckon I'll be the only Wally there :P

Hope this helps

^ This.

I'm doing a video game character I've never seen done before and (money/time permitting) a character from a play that only opened for its world premiere last month. If anyone else is either of them, I'll be really surprised - but I'd have to count them as my new BFF for having such a good idea :P

^ This.

I'm doing a video game character I've never seen done before and (money/time permitting) a character from a play that only opened for its world premiere last month. If anyone else is either of them, I'll be really surprised - but I'd have to count them as my new BFF for having such a good idea :P

Sounds cool, I love it when people do cosplays that many people haven't seen before. Then they come upto you and ask "Who are you?". Means they haven't got a clue at all, or you have picked a character that has not been done before.

Costume wise I'm completely prepared now that my mom has kindly fixed my Ariel wedding gown's sleeves for me as she knows what she's doing and I don't lol. So I don't have to worry about costumes now... well.. apart from re hot gluing my crown and veil lol.

Now to get all group information sorted and cleared up *sigh*

Sadly, I'm only able to attend Sunday, but i'll be in my Yuuki Cross outfit from Vampire Knight^_^

Ah no! If you were there sat we could get pictures taken together with me in my zero costume!

awwww ;__; There will probably be other Vampire Knight cosplayers there both days though who we can get photos with^^

Think I dress as something from the Star War Universe.Just watch our for a strong smell of tea and coffee

All handmade by me and soaked in tea by me.

Edited by gosh

Think I dress as something from the Star War Universe.Just watch our for a strong smell of tea and coffee

With a short amount of time to get something ready i'll be going as ROTJ Luke Skywalker with a friend as anonymous Jedi No.4, most likely on Sunday.

For Saturday i'll be Dr Rush and he'll be Eli - both from Stargate Universe.

This is our first LFCC but will probably make it a regular thing. We're already considering what to do for next year. :)

Hope to see you all around this weekend!

all cosplays finished.. cant wait.. and for once got a good camara with me so i can get some great pics of other cosplayers. time is ticking people.. wooooo

I finished Zatanna!

Finished.jpg

Just gotta work on getting Amanda done now ^^

this is so ... COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL love it

Well babydoll is finished :D pretty happy with it as its my first costume ive fully made from scratch lol :D

I have had 2 accidents with my rapunzel costume today and i head to london in the morning so not got time to really fix them :unsure: but im taking it down and hopefully i'll have time to sort it out while im down there.

Leonie- love your cosplay! But all your cosplays are amazing!!

Jemma- Hope you get Rapunzel's problems fixed and loking forward to seeing it! :D

I'm sooooo excited for LFCC this time round- got so much stuff planned it's gonna be the most fun for me definitely!! See you all at the weekend if I dont come back on here in the mean time!!

So, I'm dying my hair tomorrow (I wanted to do it today, but I have prom tonight, so I said I'd do it after :D) and then I'll be completely sorted with Amy costume. :) It's not all that good, but I'm pretty happy with it, I just hope the hair works out okay...

This is it aside from the hair and such:

4vmfs0.jpg

Edited by Buffy Lover

I've finished off the last thing, the hip scarf, so my Idris costume is done!

Thanks to my fellow obsessives the lovely people at dw_cosplay on LJ, I discovered Rit dye. Amazon duly provided, and we threw the whole 8 fl oz bottle of teal dye in the bucket of water, so my previously cream net overlay is now a greeny-blue colour, and looks much better.

The other trauma was the hip scarf - it was gaping at the back. Couple of darts fixed that, though. It's plaited and secured, the excess fabric's been cut off the strips, which were far too long, the ends have been hemmed to points, and I've attached the tassels I made to them. I can put the whole thing on over my head, and settle it in the right place. Whole costume going on, tonight, and pics, then it's going in the case.

And then there's Frost Fair River Song. I've got my jacket, blouse, and skirt. My mum attached the lace to the skirt while I finished off the swirls on the Idris top on Saturday. We took a couple of pictures on Sunday. I purposely didn't think about a muff, this time (too hot at LFCC!), but I will if I wear this again later on in the year. It appears you can find custom made ones for about £12 on ebay. I did put my fake fur edged black gloves on, though.

River Song pics on my LJ

Edited by laurab1

I finished Zatanna!

Finished.jpg

Just gotta work on getting Amanda done now ^^

oh wow!! my friend is also doing Zatanna, except she's doing the new one with the yellow waistcoat. we have to get photos of the two of you!

I've officially finished Ginny Weasley... so I shall wear that on Friday :)

I need to make my headband for Giselle and do the hem, but that shouldn't take me long... I've just run out of can-be-arsed-ness and am procrastinating. xD

Then Day of the Moon Amy Pond (which will be my 'main' costume for Saturday morning/Sunday) has been completed for a whileeeeeeeee. :)

So soon now. :thumbup: