Cosplay

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.:blush:

When you're cosplaying, is the attention you get annoying, or part of the reason you do it?

I think its all part of the fun, personally. For me, I don't do it only for the attention, I do it to show my devotion to a character I love and to meet similar minded people, and generally have fun, but the photos and attention is all part of the fun! but thats just me ^^,

Thank you. The reason I ask is, for the first time in my life, I put a bit of effort into a costume for Hallowhedon 2 last October and was astonished at the number of photo requests I got. If I'm honest, I loved the attention, which is quite out of character for me. :o

I'd love to get my photo taken with a few of the Batman villainesses, but I didn't want to just assume that all cosplayers would welcome the attention. Anyway, it sounds like you're all wearing those costumes on the Sunday, so I'll miss out, as I'm only at LFCC on the Saturday. :WINCE:

well, I'll be Isabela from Dragon Age 2 on Saturday so make sure you say hello! and don't worry, the attention is great, its all part of it. We al love it to a certain extent, I think.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to express this politely but, if I fail, please know that no offence is intended.

When you're cosplaying, is the attention you get annoying, or part of the reason you do it?

Not going to lie, I love the attention :uhoh: mostly because I don't get a lot of it in normal life especially with having friends who are a lot louder than me! But yeah the fact that people can recognize you even if you're cosplaying something obscure is so great, makes you feel at home...basically just <3 fandom :lol:

You are SUCH a cute Ivy. Even without the accurate bottom half I like the way that costume looks. Ivy's my gal, I've loved her since I was a kid, in the animated series, film, comic and game versions.

Thank you! Ivy's so great, even if it's quite a common cosplay. She was one of the only comic characters I knew when I was a kid, but was always so awesome!

Okay so after running out of material while doing the pleats on my skirt I have gotten hold of some new, better material to start again eek. This time with the help of a sewing machine so a little excited. Just wish there was more time! Apart from that I have everything else sorted, just waiting on the holster to arive. Can't wait to see everyone's in person =]

As always, such lovely replies.

Shall look forward to hopefully seeing you up there. Before I go I shall hopefully whack up a picture of what I shall be wearing (Tony Stark-wise) so hopefully a few people will actually recognise me and come and say hey.

As for the attention question, this will be my first time in official 'cosplay' and shall be doing tons more in the future money permitting. But having done lots of costuming before non-comic related I do enjoy the attention.

zombie.jpg

See What I mean :D

Cheers, it was my first time wearing contact lenses. So will definitely be thinking of doing it again, maybe do a Kellan Lutz in Twilight! :D

Although, I'm straying away from bearded cosplay in the future, It has taken me almost 3 months just to grow a decent Tony Stark beard lmao.

You are cosplaying Zatanna Zatara! Thats cool :)

I shall be~

Saturday: Zatanna Zatara- DC Comics (based on Adam Hughes art)

Sunday: Amanda Young- Saw 3

EDIT- Although I am now tempted to bring along Hermione and change at some point for the Harry Potter themed backdrops...

Everyones costumes look fantastic. This is my first convention that I will be attending and I am cosplaying Marty McFly. I have been piecing together the costume from Ebay and I am very, very happy with how it is turning out so far. Perhaps I will post a picture up before the event!! Really looking forward to it.

Since I seem to have nack for asking silly questions...

This me and my wife's first Convention. We are both coming in costume, but for obvious reasons, we can't walk the streets of London togged up like a pair of baddasses. We will have a holdall kit bag with us, with the less street friendly items in it until we are safe inside.

Does anybody know if there is space to leave such a bag (the holdall not the wife :D )or, will I need to drag it around all day? Like I said probably a silly question, but one that could save us getting shot by over zealous Met Police.

Thanks in advance

Since I seem to have nack for asking silly questions...

This me and my wife's first Convention. We are both coming in costume, but for obvious reasons, we can't walk the streets of London togged up like a pair of baddasses. We will have a holdall kit bag with us, with the less street friendly items in it until we are safe inside.

Does anybody know if there is space to leave such a bag (the holdall not the wife :D )or, will I need to drag it around all day? Like I said probably a silly question, but one that could save us getting shot by over zealous Met Police.

Thanks in advance

Yes, there's a cloakroom somewhere in the venue.

Awesome! Cant wait to see it!

As for me, I've ALMOST finished my sunday Ariel (mermaid) all i have to do is add her waist fin and she's complete!!! I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much in that costume! I actually had to add a few wefts to the wig in the back and just at the left side to give more volume to the wig in the fringe AND to hide the netting at the back of the wig too- that took me 2 days alone!

That Ariel costume looks amazing! And I'm glad I'm not the only one going in costume on Sunday. If you can't walk, how are you planning to move around, or are you only putting it on for a photoshoot?

SUCKERPUNCHERS

i totally want to get a photo with all of you, and i know others do too. on saturday morning, shall we have a photoshoot? we need to pick a time and a place. what time will all of you be there and have some free time?

SUCKERPUNCHERS

i totally want to get a photo with all of you, and i know others do too. on saturday morning, shall we have a photoshoot? we need to pick a time and a place. what time will all of you be there and have some free time?

Vamp_Rouge started a thread about this in the forum linked above :D

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=69327

Edited by laurab1

Awesome! Cant wait to see it!

As for me, I've ALMOST finished my sunday Ariel (mermaid) all i have to do is add her waist fin and she's complete!!! I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much in that costume! I actually had to add a few wefts to the wig in the back and just at the left side to give more volume to the wig in the fringe AND to hide the netting at the back of the wig too- that took me 2 days alone!

That Ariel costume looks amazing! And I'm glad I'm not the only one going in costume on Sunday. If you can't walk, how are you planning to move around, or are you only putting it on for a photoshoot?

On Tuesday I'll be ringing Earls Court's wheelchair hire number and hiring out a wheelchair for the day- I'll also have a Prince Eric who will carry me around every now and then during the day- then at 4pm I'll be in a skit with my friend as Jack Sparrow- so I'll see if i can nab him to carry me around for photos XD!!! And thank you very much! I love my Ariel costume- though still find areas which make me want to re make it in the future lol! I'm never satisfied with my costumes though XD

Craig- thank you! :poki: