Cosplay

I wrote on the costuming and cosplay section, but will also write on here,

Do the reference photographs need to be in with the e-mail or do you hand them in on the day?

Also if I'm entering with someone else, to win a prize, will we get judged as a pair on individually?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier for us (and probably you) if you include them in the email.

If you're entering with someone else, then you'd be judged collectively.

I wrote on the costuming and cosplay section, but will also write on here,

Do the reference photographs need to be in with the e-mail or do you hand them in on the day?

Also if I'm entering with someone else, to win a prize, will we get judged as a pair on individually?

Hi Everyone! Will add a post here just in case as well! ;)

Just to let you know that if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout as I will be dealing with the Cosplay Masquerade entries and anything cosplay really.

if you have any questions about your entry, unsure how to fill in your form or just want to say hi then feel free to PM me at any time. I will also be answering emails on showmasterscosplay@googlemail.com but please try to keep anything mailed to this account purely to entries for any of our 3 cosplay categories. If you have any other questions ask me here or PM me and I will be happy to help you out as best as I can

Lisa - Cosplay Co-Ordinator ^o^/

Hello! Azdeha here...the aforementioned co-ordinator of the Cosplay Zone along with BlueEyedValkyrie.

Sorry for any delays in getting the forms out, but thankfully our lovely assistant Mike has now sorted that.

Please feel free to PM me or BlueEyedValkyrie any enquiries or issues you might have, or send us an email at showmasterscosplay@googlemail.com.

Okay thanks for the info, My skit partner is gonna try who has windows, but Audacity does files in .auc or something? You have to import the files to play on other media programmes. But if my skit partner can get it done on his windows computer then it should be fine.
As TurkFox has mentioned you can save files as WAV or MP3. In the File menu select 'Export to...' either WAV or MP3.

To enable the MP3 option, follow the instructions here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...p;item=lame-mp3

Thanks for the information!! I managed to get it sent to my skit partner in the new file now!

Hi there.

Ive never cosplayed before, but was just wonderi g what the ruling is (if any) on weaponry? Would I be allowed in with a metal sword, or would it have to be a rubber/LARP sword?

Thanks in advance of any advice

I hope I'll be able to get a photo with some of the Disney Princesses on Saturday... I'll be changing during the day between Amy Pond and animated!Giselle from Enchanted :)

You're more than welcome to get photos with my disney group or of my disney group! There'll be quite a few of us now!! :stretcher: Looking forward to seeing your animated Giselle- will it be her pink dress? We have a Giselle in our group doing that dress- I'd love to get photos of you 2 together! :blink:

Nick- from past experience of con going- metal weapons are a BIG no no! It has to fake and unable to hurt someone if it was swung around for example or as does happen regularly- knock into someone. It must be checked over by the cosplay desk usually too. But there is a thread that has all the information about weapons and props- I'd ask one of the cosplay mods to give you the link or more information! :P

Hi there.

Ive never cosplayed before, but was just wonderi g what the ruling is (if any) on weaponry? Would I be allowed in with a metal sword, or would it have to be a rubber/LARP sword?

Thanks in advance of any advice

The main rulings on swords are that they have to be peace-bonded/unable to be drawn, and NO PLAYFIGHTING.

I hope I'll be able to get a photo with some of the Disney Princesses on Saturday... I'll be changing during the day between Amy Pond and animated!Giselle from Enchanted :)

You're more than welcome to get photos with my disney group or of my disney group! There'll be quite a few of us now!! :D Looking forward to seeing your animated Giselle- will it be her pink dress? We have a Giselle in our group doing that dress- I'd love to get photos of you 2 together! :dance:

Yup her pink dress! I finished it yesterday... excuse the awful phone camera-mirror photo: Hereeeeee

Shall be Amy for most of the day due to Karen Gillan... but shall have to make sure to find the other princesses at some point when I've changed into Giselle! :clap:

Thanks Furiephoenix and Laurab1, I have a couple of metal swords which are not sharp, but didnt want to turn up with one of those if not allowed, so thanks very much for your advice. Im thinking of coming as Captain Barbosa from POTC, but if so will bring my latex LARP version. This is unsheathed, but is soft and springy, does that sound like it will be allowed do you think?

You're more than welcome to get photos with my disney group or of my disney group! There'll be quite a few of us now!! :D Looking forward to seeing your animated Giselle- will it be her pink dress? We have a Giselle in our group doing that dress- I'd love to get photos of you 2 together! :D

Yup her pink dress! I finished it yesterday... excuse the awful phone camera-mirror photo: Hereeeeee

Shall be Amy for most of the day due to Karen Gillan... but shall have to make sure to find the other princesses at some point when I've changed into Giselle! :whistling:

That's a gorgeous dress and agree you do look very pretty in it :)

You look very pretty in that dress.:lol:

Me? Thanks so much :blush:

I disagree and think you look like a fairy prawn. Lol jokes, mad sewing skillz, looks very awesome (and accurate)!

Oi you. :chair:

Thanksssssssssssss... but not really, it's a very simple design! :thumbup:

Her dress which she makes out of the curtains would be a LOT harder to do!!

You look very pretty in that dress.:lol:

I disagree and think you look like a fairy prawn. Lol jokes, mad sewing skillz, looks very awesome (and accurate)!

Oi you. :chair:

Thanksssssssssssss... but not really, it's a very simple design! :thumbup:

Yeah the curtain dress is pretty wish i could find that fabric or something close lol

You look very pretty in that dress.:blush:

Oi you. :P

Thanksssssssssssss... but not really, it's a very simple design! :D

Haha, and obviously you would actually have to wear it out of actual curtains for it to be accurate ;) but I think the animated dress is nicer anyway, and has the bonus of being simpler!

You're more than welcome to get photos with my disney group or of my disney group! There'll be quite a few of us now!! :P Looking forward to seeing your animated Giselle- will it be her pink dress? We have a Giselle in our group doing that dress- I'd love to get photos of you 2 together! ^_^

Shall be Amy for most of the day due to Karen Gillan... but shall have to make sure to find the other princesses at some point when I've changed into Giselle! :D

I saw your Giselle on CI! (I'm FuriePhoenix on there too!) And it looked so pretty!!!! I cant wait to see it in person!

rapunzels wig has arrived not the best quality but it will do for the day

Awesome! Cant wait to see it!

As for me, I've ALMOST finished my sunday Ariel (mermaid) all i have to do is add her waist fin and she's complete!!! I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much in that costume! I actually had to add a few wefts to the wig in the back and just at the left side to give more volume to the wig in the fringe AND to hide the netting at the back of the wig too- that took me 2 days alone!

P6160177.jpg

So you can see how accurate I made the tail.... no walking for me!

P6160180.jpg

P6160182.jpg

Edited by FuriePhoenix