upcoming Japanese/Korean horror movies

thedude57

will post details of upcoming japanese/korean horror movies on the horror thread (non-horror on the other movies)

first up

'Deserted House'

recently seen the trailer for 'Deserted House', a new Korean horror flick shot using the home video / first person perspective (yes like blair witch and paranormal etc) . Directed by Lee Cheol-ha ('Pricked Grape Prince'), the film centres around three people who disappear inside a haunted house, leaving behind a video of their experiences (not original i know - but looks good and would be interesting to see the korean take on this genre)

Synopsis

In 42 years, 6 people have disappeared! 8 people have died! There have been 11 murders! Everyone is afraid of the deserted house with the ghosts. It is prohibited to enter if you are alive. But three deserted home society members and three filming team members enter the deserted house. They break the taboo of deserted homes and enter the world of spirits. But they disappear one day... And there is only a video they left behind...

'Deserted House' opens across Korea on the 19th August, 2010.

th_news260710-1pic.jpg?t=1280176477

'Bedevilled'

'Bedevilled', a new Korean slasher. The film is about a troubled bank employee who returns to the isle of her youth only to find that her childhood friend has become the target of abusive villagers.

Synopsis

Hae-won (Ji Sung-won) is a beautiful single woman in her thirties who works at a bank in the Seoul city. She leads a busy life until she becomes a witness to an attempted murder case, and at the same time, things get complicated at work. When things get out of hand she is forced to take a vacation so she heads for ‘Moodo’, a small undeveloped island, where she had once visited to see her grandparents. And where she had befriended a girl named Bok-nam (Seo Young-hee) who stills writes to Hae-won asking her to visit despite the fact that Hae-won never bothered to reply.

Upon arriving at the island, Hae-won is shocked to see everyone treating Bok-nam like a slave. As practically the only young woman on the island, she is a plaything for all the men and a free laborer for the women. Sick of all the inhumane treatment, Bok-nam had tried to escape the island several times in the past but had failed each time. She begs Hae-won to help her escape the place, but Hae-won remains indifferent not wanting to be involved in complicated situations. When Bok-nam realizes that her own daughter will follow her footsteps, she tries to escape the island with her daughter. But her daughter gets killed in the process. And when she loses the only thing that had kept her going because of Hae-won’s negligence, Bok-nam takes a sickle in her hand for revenge.

'Bedevilled' no release date yet, but expected to be released in Korea by the end of the year

Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp'

'Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp', the sequel of the 2008 Korean high school horror. Directed by You Sun-dong, the film follows new group of teens who are forced to sit an exam in which a wrong answer will also equal your death.

Synopsis

Se-hee is haunted by her step sister Tae-yeon who used to be a promising swimmer but suddenly killed herself in a swimming pool 2 years ago. During the summer vacation, she joins the study camp at school for upcoming college entrance exam with other 30 elite students.On the first night, when Se-hee finds a riddling passage scribbled in the desk, she soon sees a dead girl’s body hung upside down. Then the TV monitors are on and the students watch another student crushed by his bike in the corridor. Since then, the succession of cruel killings occurs whenever they fail to answer the given questions in time.Meanwhile, the hidden truth behind Tae-yeon’s suicide is slowly revealed and terrified students struggle to undo the puzzle before they become the next victim.

'Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp' stars Park Ji-yeon, Yoon Si-yoon, and Hwang Jung-eum. recently released in Korea

news170610-1pic.jpg?t=1280687232

Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp'

'Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp', the sequel of the 2008 Korean high school horror. Directed by You Sun-dong, the film follows new group of teens who are forced to sit an exam in which a wrong answer will also equal your death.

Synopsis

Se-hee is haunted by her step sister Tae-yeon who used to be a promising swimmer but suddenly killed herself in a swimming pool 2 years ago. During the summer vacation, she joins the study camp at school for upcoming college entrance exam with other 30 elite students.On the first night, when Se-hee finds a riddling passage scribbled in the desk, she soon sees a dead girl’s body hung upside down. Then the TV monitors are on and the students watch another student crushed by his bike in the corridor. Since then, the succession of cruel killings occurs whenever they fail to answer the given questions in time.Meanwhile, the hidden truth behind Tae-yeon’s suicide is slowly revealed and terrified students struggle to undo the puzzle before they become the next victim.

'Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp' stars Park Ji-yeon, Yoon Si-yoon, and Hwang Jung-eum. recently released in Korea

news170610-1pic.jpg?t=1280687232

When is this out sir Dude sound interesting may give it a gander.

death bell2 has only just been released in Korea, so it will be awhile for a US/UK dvd release

however the european DVD release of the original was early 2010 - so you maybe able to pick up a copy

Tiwa Moeithaisong's Meat Grinder Trailer & Rating

The BBFC have given Tiwa Moeithaisong's Meat Grinder an 18 certificate and will be fully uncut in the UK. According to TheSun.co.uk it's "the most graphic gore film ever"

I think the most goriest or graphic is definitely in the eye of the beholder as i was once told that Hostel was the most "Grotesque" or The Human Centipede "Is the sickest film ever" so when i read them i think, i gotta go check these out.... only to be disappointed,and left scratching my head "Did i miss something?"

Having seen Meat Grinder i thought it was a great Thai horror movie with a story that get's quite emotional.... surprisingly. I think that added to the movie, and gave a connection with the characters.

Meat Grinder reminded me of two movies from Hong Kong titled There is a Secret in my Soup (2001) and Human Pork Chop (2001) which are said to be based on "True Events" the reason it reminded me was that, victims are also dismembered and cooked in soup and feed to other people.

If you haven't seen them either i recommend them, more so There is a Secret in my Soup, as i think it was the better telling of the story.... that's just me though.

There are some gruesome scenes to be had in Meat Grinder, i don't want to give any away in case you haven't seen it yet, it has awesome visuals as you see quite alot :)

But i am as shocked as anyone, that the BBFC completely passed this uncut! It's good for me and any other gore-hounds :whistling:

Check out the trailer below:http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_18728.html

Thanks to 24FramesPerSecond.com we have a second 30sec trailer for Lee Cheol-ha's upcoming horror movie Deserted House I am getting more excited about this movie and i am salivating the upcoming release of this little Korean movie. You can check out more at the new announced OFFICIAL WEBSITE it is of course in Korean so you might find it hard to navigate around. Synopsis: "The movie (from Hancinema) centers around an abandoned house that is suspected to be haunted.

Check it out at http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_18732.html

recently release trailer 'The Child's Eye 3D', the 4th entry into the Pang brother's infamous Eye series.

The story centres around the supernatural encounters of six stranded Hong Kong travellers during the shutdown of the Bangkok airport in the November 2008 anti-government protest.

• 2 weeks later...

'The Snow White'

The trailer has recently been released for 'The Snow White', a new Thai (yes i know not japanese or korean - but what the hell) a ghost story directed by Sarawut Intaraprom, most of the details are slightly sketchy at the moment but from the looks of the very graphic trailer, the film will include everything from body snatching to desecration of the dead to black magic.

Synopsis

Two students stealthily dissect the dead body of a pregnant woman just to get the dead infant in her belly, to perform a dark magic charm. But the magic doesn't work, and soon they realise a terrible price is to be paid for their horrific act, as they're hunted by the vengefull ghost of the dead woman. While the ghost is threatening their lives, a kind-hearted nurse tries to stop the ghost to save them.

'The Snow White' is due for local release on the 16th September, 2010. - will keep eye on UK or DVD release

• 2 weeks later...

'Bestseller'

due to be released on Korean DVD is 'Bestseller' directed by first time director Lee Jung Ho, the film is about a writer who is haunted by an unknown presence. The cast includes singer/actress Uhm Jung-hwa, Ryoo Seung-yong, Jo Jin-woong and Lee Do-kyeong.

Synopsis

Top novelist Baek Hee-soo, who was previously accused of plagiarism, works toward making a grand comeback. However, when she writes a new novel inspired by a story her daughter tells, she once again gets caught up in plagiarism charges. Divorcing from her husband, she chooses an out-of-the-way vacation house in the countryside to write her book. There she starts to feel dread, sensing a frightening, unseen presence watching over her, with whom her young daughter starts to converse.

'Garo the Movie 3D: Red Requiem'

The full trailer has been released for 'Garo the Movie 3D: Red Requiem', a film spin-off of Keita Amemiya’s 2005 tokusatsu television series. The story centres around a secret group called the Makai Knights who protect humanity from dark demonic manifestations called "Horrors".

Synopsis

The Makai Knights have secretly defended humanity for centuries by fighting demonic manifestations called “Horrorsâ€. Chief among them is Kouga Saejima (Ryosei Konishi), a knight who holds the title of Garo and has the ability to transform into an incredibly powerful golden armored warrior for a short period of time. However, as long as there is wickedness in the world, there will always be more Horrors to purge. When seven new “Apostle Horrors†descend into the terrestrial world, Kouga Saejima accepts a mission to hunt them down and exterminate them. A few days later, their trail leads Kouga to a port town where he happens to cross paths with Makai Priests Akaza (Yosuke Saito), Shiguto (Masahiro Kuranuki), and Rekka. It seems inevitable that the four of them will need to team up to face such a powerful enemy, but Rekka inexplicably decides to take the Apostle Horrors on by herself...

'Garo the Movie 3D: Red Requiem' will be released in Japan on the 30th October, 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

'Bloodproof'

just watched the recent released trailer for 'Bloodproof', a new Korean serial killer thriller directed by Kim Gok and Kim Sun. The film focuses on the lives of four individuals, all of whom have their own reasons for trying to track down and rid the world of a gasmask wearing serial killer.

Synopsis

Four people are after a serial killer who wears a gasmask. Each has their own reason. Mi-Joo, who wants to be killed by the serial killer to overcome her trauma. Sang-Kun Joo, a political candidate who has been threatened that ‘if he wins the election, he will be killed.’ Bo-Sik, a traffic warden, who wants to catch the serial killer because he thinks he is a superhero. And finally Patrick, who thinks the serial killer murdered his girl friend. But the ‘gasmask killer’ is not just one person. The identity behind the mask is mysterious. In the end, four of them wear gasmasks and wander around the city of death. What is the nature of the gasmask?

'Bloodproof' stars Park Ji-whan, Patrick Smith, Jang Ri-woo and Jo Young-jin. It is scheduled for release across Korea later this year.

• 3 weeks later...

'Tomie Unlimited'

Director Noboru Iguchi ('The Machine Girl') has started work on 'Tomie Unlimited', a new entry into the ongoing Tomie horror movie series.

The film will see 15-year-old model/actress Moe Arai in the lead role, while Miu Nakamura will play the vengeful ghost girl Tomie.

Based on a popular manga by Junji Ito, the Tomie series centres around a malicious ghost/entity who takes the form of a seductive high school girl named Tomie.

• 2 weeks later...

'Helldriver'

The trailer has been released for 'Helldriver', stated to be the latest Japanese gorefest from director Yoshihiro Nishimura ('Tokyo Gore Police'). The film reunites Nishimura with 'Audition' star Eihi Shiina who worked together in Tokyo gore police, for what is stated to be "one of the most flat out crazy zombie pictures ever made" - and trust me the trailer looks crazy, full of gore, body parts and weirdness that needs to be seen to be believed.

Synopsis

An alien-spawned, mysterious mist blankets the northern half of Japan, transforming those who inhale it into ravenous, flesh-eating zombies hell-bent on devouring the surviving human population. Plunged into chaos, Japan is torn in two—the southern half of the country, where the populace remains untouched by the deadly gas, lives behind a heavily-fortified wall, while the northern half is a lawless, zombie-infected wasteland. Hope arrives in the form of Kika (Yumiko Hara), a beautiful high school girl armed with a chainsaw sword powered by an artificial heart. Recruited by the government, Kika leads a ragtag group of desperados on a secret mission into the zombie-infected wilds to exterminate zombie queen Rikka (Eihi Shiina) and put an end to the plague of the living dead.

'Helldriver' premiered at the Sitges Film Festival on the 10th October 2010.

Edited by the dude

• 2 weeks later...

Fans of the Korean monster movie "the host" will be pleased to hear

"According to Korean production house Chungeorahm Films, the upcoming sequel to Bong Joon-Ho's 'The Host' is being prepped to shoot in 3D. The project is expected to cost around 20 billion won ($17.6 million) and will be helmed by experienced commercial film director Park Myeong-chan."

heard that a demo reel for the sequel will be unveiled at TIFFCOM as part of the market's Tokyo Project Gathering. Much of the footage shown will be focused on the film's CG, which was mainly handled by South Korean VFX firm Macrograph.

'The Host 2' is currently at the scripting phase and is expected to be released in the summer of 2012.

as a big fan of the original, looking forward to this sequal, hopefully it will impress

• 2 weeks later...

Dream home

staring Josie Ho, Anthony wong Chau-sang, Michelle Ye

directed by Pang Ho Cheung

In Hong Kong, Cheng Lai-sheung (Josie Ho) works two jobs with the hope of earning enough money to buy her own apartment with a view of the Victoria Harbor.

Cheng eventually saves enough for her dream home when a hike in the stock market makes the owners decide to raise the price. This sends Cheng into a murderous frenzy where she attacks people who live or work in the coveted high-rise towers

released at the fright-fest in london back in August has nationwide release on 19th November

'Vampire Warriors'

Trailer has recently been released for 'Vampire Warriors' (previously titled'New Age Vampire Warriors'), a new supernatural action comedy from director Dennis Law. The film stars Lu Xia Jiang and Chrissie Chau as a pair of vampire hunters who go after the all-powerful vampire lord, played by Yuen Wah.

Synopsis

In our seemingly peaceful human world, lives a sub-culture of vampires. Ar (Lu Xia Jiang) is a vampire hunter determined to hunt and kill all of the vampires. Her motif comes in the form of the mysterious Mung (Yuen Wah), the most powerful vampire who was responsible for killing Ar's beloved sister. With Max (Chrissie Chau), the 'vegetarian vampire beauty', in tow, a war between good and evil begins...

'Vampire Warriors' has just been released in China this week

• 3 weeks later...

'Hello Ghost'

'Hello Ghost', a new horror comedy that marks the directorial debut of writer Kim Yeong-tak. The film stars Cha Tae-hyun ('My Sassy Girl') as a suicidal man who discovers that he can’t die until he helps four Ghosts achieve their absurd wishes.

'Hello Ghost' co-stars Kang Ye-won, Lee Moon-soo, Ko Chang-seok, Jang Young-nam, and Cheon Bo-geun. It is scheduled for release across Korea on the 23rd December, 2010.

'Shock Labyrinth 3D'

Chelsea Films have announced the UK DVD release of 'Shock Labyrinth 3D' will be the 31st January, 2010.

Directed by Takashi Shimizu ('Ju-On'), the film centres around a group of teenagers who take a sick friend to a hospital only to find out it is in fact a horrific labyrinth.

Synopsis

When a small group of young friends spending the day at a theme park near the foot of Mount Fuji sneak into the park’s haunted house attraction after hours, the innocent children’s escapade results in the mysterious disappearance of one of them, Yuki.

On a rainy evening ten years later, Yuki inexplicably reappears, turning up at the apartment of one of the girls who was present when she disappeared. Yuki is soon reunited with her friends but shortly afterwards collapses and the group rushes her to a nearby hospital where they are unable to find anyone to treat their friend. With little option but to wait in the hospital, they begin to look for help but soon find things are not as they seem. As the night wears on, the friends begin to relive the events from a decade ago and soon come face to face with the terrible truth behind Yuki’s disappearance.

• 4 weeks later...

'Hello Ghost'

'Hello Ghost', a new horror comedy that marks the directorial debut of writer Kim Yeong-tak. The film stars Cha Tae-hyun ('My Sassy Girl') as a suicidal man who discovers that he can’t die until he helps four Ghosts achieve their absurd wishes.

'Hello Ghost' co-stars Kang Ye-won, Lee Moon-soo, Ko Chang-seok, Jang Young-nam, and Cheon Bo-geun. It is scheduled for release across Korea on the 23rd December, 2010.

number 2 in the korean charts with $5.8mil following its wide release in south korea - not bad

'Missing'

been looking forward to this news:

Cine Asia have announced the UK DVD release of 'Missing' for the 31st January, 2011. Based on a true story, the film centres around a girl who goes in search of her kidnapped brother, but instead of finding him she becomes the next victim and undergoes a terrifying ordeal.

Synopsis

The owner of the farm, Pan-gon, is a recluse and social outcast with a very dark secret. Jealous of Hyun-ah’s beauty and insulted by her disdainful treatment of him, he ruthlessly strangles Hong and imprisons Hyun-ah in the basement. Does he want to torture her, use her for sex, or is his agenda even darker? Meanwhile, Hyun-ah’s sister becomes concerned over her disappearance and contacts the police. A trail of evidence points toward the farm, but will they make it in time to save Hyun-ah from the whims of the unhinged maniac, or will Pan-gon’s vengeance be complete?

got my copy pre-ordered

• 2 weeks later...

'Hello Ghost'

$14M domestic gross so far