Piranha 3D

danvader123@hotmail.co.uk

Dimension Films seems to be going all out with Piranha 3D. Naked college chicks and excessive gore all in eye bulging 3D! To show us they mean business a recent magazine pic has slipped out and it's more than disturbing. Say what you will about the CGI fish but the amount of blood and guts is going to be epic proportions! Read more for the pic however consider this a MAJOR SPOILER and proceed with caution.

Follow up:

Bloody-Disgusting got their claws on what appears to be a French magazine image of Kelly Brook via one of their readers. Kelly has seen better days, just google the girl for goodness sakes. Still, the picture seems like she becomes fish food. Honestly, that truly is only a face a mother could love.

Look for Piranha 3D in theaters this August 20th.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

2z889s3.jpg

Heres the poster:

piranha_3d_ver4.jpg

During Comic-Con, Shock had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Jerry O'Connell and Paul Scheer about their Girls Gone Wild characters in Piranha 3D, in which they admit was probably some of the craziest sh** they've done in their careers. From shooting webisodes for the fictional Wild Wild Girls Web site, to getting eaten by piranhas in disturbing ways, to seeing dozens of chicks taking off their tops to be part of the film, O'Connell says that in some ways they sort of lived that life for a brief moment. But it's all good in the name of making a movie that is true to a Spring Break attack film where hungry fish will devour anything in sight.

Shock: So tell me one thing about Piranha 3D that makes it special?

Jerry O'Connell: This movie must be seen in 3D. It was designed to be in 3D. Alex Aja, when he was pitched this two years ago, said he would do it but only in 3D.

Paul Scheer: Alex really featured on getting the 3D done right. There are those movies like Clash of the Titans and The Last Airbender - nothing about those movies, but the 3D kind of sucks.

Shock: Like a pig Shatner all over the screen as Eli Roth said during the Piranha footage screening at Comic-Con.

O'Connell: M. Night Shyamalan is never going to cast him now.

Shock: So it must be seen in 3D.

Scheer: Why not? It is having fun with all your senses. It's going to be blood, it's going to be girls, it's going to be thrills. It will be all of it.

O'Connell: I think for Paul and I, it was an originally funny role where we play Joe Francis of Girls Gone Wild and we are trying to get girls to expose themselves, specifically underage girls. And it really resonated with me and I thought it was a lot of fun and a lot of fun to play.

Scheer: We did a lot of deep research to play these characters too.

Shock: Really? So, that involved watching plenty of Girls Gone Wild videos to teach you how to zoom in on breasts I imagine.

O'Connell: They actually gave us a packet on the whole organization and it is really funny.

Scheer: There is a scene in the movie where Steve McQueen's character is going on our web site. So, one day they send Jerry and I out with our own camera and they got all these local people to come and we shot our own Girls Gone Wild. When [McQueen] logs onto the computer you see Jerry running around with all these girls. That was the most insane day I've ever had in my life.

O'Connell: It was almost like living that life. But I'm a father of a daughter so I don't even want to know about it. You read certain things that happen like Jessica Szohr's character throwing up after having too much to drink and you are like, "This is going to be in 3D." Someone's body part comes off you say, "This is going to be in 3D." You realize it was designed to be in 3D.

Scheer: Ving Rhames with the outboard motor...

O'Connell: Alex Aja and Grégory Levasseur really know how to make horror movies but they really figured out how to make a real 3D movie.

Scheer: This is the most accessible Alex Aja movie that doesn't lose any of the cool sh*t that you love from his movies. High Tension is frightening and I think this movie will have those types of moments but you have all these other moments as well.

Shock: I found it funny that the bats*** crazy scene where everyone is getting eaten and body parts are flying off during Spring Break didn't resonate in 3D as much as the puking scene where the audience universally groaned during the footage screening.

Scheer: People don't want to be puked on. They want to see an arm fly off instead. You can watch someone get mutilated on screen but when someone burps they say, "Oh, too far, too far. That's disgusting."

Shock: I assume this movie was a ton of fun to make for you guys.

Scheer: Jerry and I spent six weeks on a boat in the middle of Lake Havasu, Arizona with adult film star Riley Steele, model and actress Kelly Brook and Jessica Szohr and Steve McQueen Jr.

Shock: I feel so sorry for you guys, that sounds like a rough, rough time.

O'Connell: A couple of things were a lot of fun. Watching Alex and Gregory make this movie was something special. Having Richard Dreyfuss coming out for a cameo.

Scheer: And Christopher Lloyd. [Alex and Greg] are French so you think they may not understand Spring Break but they understood it so well. And they are pulling in all these cool icons. I think it is a movie where every turn you are like, "Oh cool." And the movie does intersect a lot so everyone you see is from a different walk of life.

Shock: I love that Aja seems to not be pulling any punches with this movie and going full bore with blood, babes, gore.

Scheer: That's why they backed off of Hall H [at Comic-Con]. 6,000 people could have seen a version of this movie and the fact that [Aja] stood up and was like, "No, I don't want to tone it down." I love it. Because that's exactly how he made the movie. Let's go balls to the walls and let's do it how I want to do it.

Shock: Have you ever played a Girls Gone Wild type before?

O'Connell: No. When you read the script and the character is there, you know it is a Spring Break movie and you know there is this human piranha going out and trying to get as many underage girls to expose themselves so he can make hundreds of millions of dollars. It made me laugh. I thought it was a really funny modern take on the whole Spring Break adventure.

Scheer: Jerry is awesome in this movie as you have never seen him play a character like this.

Shock: Like the spam death.

Scheer: Well, he's done the spam death a couple of times. It is going to be a really fun thing to see.

O'Connell: I've mentioned the throw-up stuff, but what I really want to say is that someone's spam gets bitten off by a f***ing piranha and they fight over the spam in 3D.

Shock: Oh, so they actually fight over it.

Scheer: There's a whole scene before he loses his spam. I think it gets spit out and then another one eats it out, but maybe after he vomits it out that's enough, we'll see in the final cut. There's some stuff we didn't show that is pretty good and what we showed [at the Piranha footage screening] was a pretty crazy clip reel but there's a lot more that wasn't shown.

Shock: For example…

Scheer: Richard Dreyfuss is a pretty great scene. A very Drew Barrymore-esque in the beginning of Scream kind of scene that is really going to be cool.

O'Connell: A lot of characters perish at the hands of the piranha. There is not one similar death.

Scheer: Kelly Brook's death scene - she meets piranha in a very gruesome way.

Shock: Can you explain a bit more?

O'Connell: Come on, we gave you the spam, we gave you the piranha coming out of the face. The last thing I want is the two French dudes saying [in a French voice] "Why did you tell him this?" Then they are going to take out a glove and smack us in the face and challenge us to a duel.

Sheer: I love movies like Crank and The Expendables. That type of fun popcorn movie. When I read the script it felt like Jaws, but going for more fun than Jaws. I think he did it and if I wasn't in this movie, it would be the type of movie I want to go see.

O'Connell: There are no doubts in my mind that all horror fans will be pleased with this movie. I’ve done a couple of horror movies. You can IMDB me and you can see there are a couple on there that are not fulfilling. And I apologize to everyone about that. That said, this is going to make up for all of that. It is going to shut everyone up. People will leave me alone. They will say, "Jerry, sorry we left those comments about this particular film I don't want to talk about."

Shock: What was it like shooting in 3D?

Scheer: We couldn't shoot on 3D cameras because they weren't good under water and they are not good in sunlight. But [Aja] had this 3D team and they had their own 3D village. We would shoot a scene and then they would come in and we would shoot it again. The scene where Elisabeth Shue is looking at the body and going through the weeds, that's good 3D it isn't just in the action scenes.

Shock: And the naked ballet scene between Kelly Brook and Riley Steele in 3D.

O'Connell: We've been doing a lot of our interviews with Kelly today – who we love – and I didn't want to come off as perverted but this ballet scene they are doing in 3D - it is going to f***ing blow your mind. It is crazy. That is going to be in 3D and it is going to go on and on and on. It is French people, they know what they are doing.

Shock: Were you guys on set when they were filming that?

Scheer: It was a closed set, but we were near set.

O'Connell: We were near set and we could see some things. We are both married men. We were not looking but we just happen to be looking - we weren't videotaping but just taking stills.

Scheer: Classy stills.

O'Connell: Black and white stills. Non-digital images so they can't be emailed out. Old school negative film.

Scheer: I'll tell you the people that didn't have problem taking off their tops were the background people. Aja went down to Havasu during Spring Break and the stuff that people, the real people, were doing on camera, it will blow your mind. This was just Alex going out and capturing people on Spring Break. Just grinding, drinking, naked. It is intense. We definitely played true to what it was.

Shock: When you did the webisodes for the Wild Wild Girls Web site how did that go down?

O'Connell: Paul and I went down there and we wanted to make sure we had some Internet presence on this film and Paul and I really wanted to be part of that. We thought it would be funny to go through this fictional Wild Wild Girls sort of thing. So the production gave us 20 local extras. They are giving us a budget, there are giving us a crew and it is becoming a bigger deal. We come to set and they are talking about doing maybe some more adult stuff. It would have been a bump in pay for some of that stuff. So, Paul and I told them, "Listen, you will get paid more if you expose yourself but this is going on the Internet, it might go on the DVD. You will have to see it forever. Your family members will see it forever. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't do it." I thought for sure that no one would do it, maybe one or two people that had no problems with it. They all took their shirts off.

Scheer: Jerry is being modest. They got on beds and bathtubs and made out with each other while being taped.

O'Connell: It was a little disturbing. It is just so funny that we are playing this Joe Francis character and kind of like lived it a little bit. But we are the worst at it. Telling them, "Are you sure you are okay with this?"

Piranha 3D opens in theaters August 20.

Piranha_3D_1.jpg

Ok, so this poster makes a ton of sense. When you're about to be eaten by thousands of prehistoric piranha, what's the first thing you do? According to the following UK quad you'd drop the top of your two-piece bathing suit. "I wanna die in style," I'm sure she said. Still, it's a pretty badass poster that continues a really strong marketing campaign (too bad the TV Spots feel the need to ruin deaths in the movie). In addition, the official Wild Wild Girls website was updated with TONS of NSFW stills. Enjoy! Alex Aja's Piranha 3D arrives in theaters August 20 from Dimension Films.

piranha-quad.jpg

Smart on our reader's behalf to remain anonymous, 'cause what you are about to see is sure to get us a kick in the butt. Beyond the break you'll find the leaked footage from Piranha 3D that premiered at last week's San Diego Comic-Con. The very not safe for work clip is 9-minutes long and features gallons of that much-promised bloodshed from Alex Aja's film swimming into theaters on August 20. It's literally a piranha buffet; can you say "chomp-chomp?" Go forth, watch the spoilerific clip (if you dare), and then drop your thoughts below. I'm dying to know what you gore-hounds think of THIS. Check it out at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21121

zz33eab467-550x233.jpg

PHryaArxFQylvr_1_m.jpg

piranha_3d.jpg

09c26bdeb9nha3D1.jpg.jpg

piranha3dtrailer.jpg

MarketSaw_05%20Nov.%2009%2012.46.jpg

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

One of this years biggest issues in Hollywood is 3D. After the success of James Cameron's Avatar studios began post-converting non-3D features so they could charge a bit more in theaters, and thus rape their audience of their money (and eyesight). Arriving in theaters on August 20th is Alex Aja's Piranha 3D, another in a long line of 3D releases. While horror director Eli Roth is best known for his own films, he has also been dabbing in acting (Inglourious Basterds), one of which is Dimension Films' remake. We caught up with Roth who talks quite a bit about the 3D process, assuring us horror fans that the 3D was not an afterthought. Details inside.

Bloody-Disgusting: You and I talked briefly about the 3D in Piranha, I'd love to share with my readers what you said. Can you explain to them how it was developed and how it was never an afterthought like Clash of the (Crappy) Titans?

"Yes. 3-D is at an interesting point now. You can shoot digital 3-D and it looks great, or you can shoot film and convert and it looks great - but only if you planned to do it that way from the start," Roth explains of the technology. "With a film like The Last Airbender, it was an afterthought. The film was never shot that way, so as a result many of the scenes look dark and unwatchable. You can't see anything - all that beautiful photography and those amazing effects and all the design work - it's ruined. The film looks like you're watching it out of the back of a tinted SUV, and if you took off the glasses, it actually looked quite stunning. But that was a last minute decision and a rush job. Think of CGI - there are people who know how to use it and take the time to get it right and other films where the visual effects look rushed.

"With Piranha 3D, the very title of the film is Piranha 3D," he continues. "It was written that way and photographed to be converted. This means that when you're setting up a shot, next to the camera is a technical adviser from the 3D company who tells you exactly what light won't work for the 3D, how far the subject has to be from the lens if you want it to look good when it pops out of the camera, etc. The film is not completed until it's converted, and Alex Aja began that process back in November, and it still isn't finished 100%. The 3D looks spectacular, and when you take off your glasses you see no difference in the lighting and color.

"Quickie afterthought conversions like Last Airbender are ruining the name of 3D conversion. It's an amazing technology, but only works when the film has been shot that way. And if you're going to retrofit a film, like Star Wars, then you have to spend a long time getting it right. It's not easy and it's not instant and when it's a last minute rushed decision we can see it immediately. But to associate Piranha 3D, a film which spent years planning this, months shooting it with the technicians on set checking the convertibility of every shot, and so far 8 months working on the conversion, is not fair. The film looks beautiful."

We shall all bare witness on August 20.

PIRANHA 3D’s Kelly Brook graces the cover of the September issue of Playboy in an effort to promote the upcoming release of Alexander Ajas latest project. Us male readers and those of you ladies who appreciate the female form will have to go and checkout the latest issue I suppose.

Seriously though in complete honesty I dont understand the point of Playboy since nudy magazines are not my thing but i realize I am not the norm. I hear the articles are ok though! The magazine will be on stands this Friday. See more of Kelly on August 20th in a theater near you.

kelly-brook-playboy-sexy.jpg

Jessica Szohr was on Regis & Kelly this morning. The Piranha 3D star brought along a clip which you can watch tomorrow. If you want to endure the interview, by all means, rock it. Or, jump ahead to 6:37 for the clip. Watch it at http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16167

Does a day actually go by without a spanking brand new image, piece of news or hot pic of a scantily clad female from Alexandre Aja's 'Piranha 3D' appearing here at the Horror Asylum? No... And that's just bloody fine with us! 'Piranha 3D' star Ving Rhames has been chatting to 'The Big J Show' - a US radio show. You can listen to his interview below but there's not much to see. So luckily IGN have provided us with some eye candy. Yet more hot babe stills from the movie, including uber-hot don't read, mods please delete star Ashlynn Brooke (below - and a few bonus ones for those not familiar with her)! There's bikinis, butts, wet-tshirts, nipples and even Eli Roth all on view - it's a good day! Check them out below...

"Every year the population of sleepy Lake Havasu explodes from 5,000 to 50,000 for a single, wild weekend - the 4th of July, a riot of sun, drunken fun and sex-crazed mayhem. But this year, there's something more to worry about than hangovers and complaints from local old timers. Havasu sits in the crater formed by a prehistoric volcanic eruption, and when earth tremors tear open a crack in the lake floor, all hell breaks through. Piranhas - a million ravenous, razor-toothed monsters, unchanged since the dawn of time. Unstoppable killing machines acting blindly under one primeval impulse: to hunt down anything that moves and strip it to the raw, bleeding bone. In seconds."

'Piranha 3D' swims into theatres in the US and here in the UK on 20 August.

friday-piranha-3d-wet-tshirts-eli-roth.jpg

friday-piranha-3d-bikini-girls-butts-and-spam.jpg

friday-piranha-3d-college-girls-ashlynn-brooke-nipples.jpg

friday-piranha-3d-wet-tshirt-girls-cute-butts.jpg

Piranha 3D is leading all of the Oscar's Best Movie categories! From "Best Picture" to "Best spam Being Gobbled and Spit Out in 3D" (LOL), check out all the Oscar categories it's up for in this hilarious "For Your Consideration" clip on FunnyOrDie! Directed by acclaimed French horror director Alex Aja (High Tension, The Hills Have Eyes, Mirrors), Piranha arrives in theaters this Friday. Word has it that the film is insanely fun, crazy bloody, and jammed with nudity. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

Check out the funny video at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21325

Ah, Piranha 3D! The closer you get, the warmer my heart becomes! Not only do we have three new clips to get you geared up for Friday along with a new TV spot, but we also have a bit of controversy to report on! Oh, happy day www.dreadcentral.com

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/39191/pir...new-controversy

I watched the old version last night for the first time in my life and I thought it was aweful I just hope this dosent suck as that did but it cant it has Kelly Brook in so im sure that would keep me interested.

They is an exclusive video of the cast and crew interviews check thme out at http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/39208/exc...-mcqueen-elisab

Here is some pics from the premiere in Los Angeles and Kelly Brook looks hot in the gold dress she has stolen the crowd, please get her showmasters my dreams would come true just to be near her.

article-1304338-0AD7ED8D000005DC-403_468x652.jpg

article-1304338-0AD78A12000005DC-319_468x526.jpg

article-1304338-0AD7878C000005DC-17_468x622.jpg

article-1304338-0AD76563000005DC-276_224x680.jpg

article-1304338-0AD78380000005DC-963_224x680.jpg

here is the review from Christy Lemire (CP)

Mere words cannot describe how awesomely gnarly "Piranha 3D" is, how hugely entertaining, and how urgently you must get yourself to the theatre to see it. Like, now.

This is not a joke, by the way. This movie is a complete blast. To borrow a phrase from the kind of B-horror flicks to which "Piranha 3D" is such a loving and effective homage: Run, don't walk.

Like "Snakes on a Plane," which came out in the dead of summer four years ago, "Piranha 3D" knows exactly what it is and does exactly what it should do. It's about piranhas ... in 3-D. Do you really need to know anything else?

It's cleverly knowing without collapsing into parody. It makes great use of its extremely random cast, including Elisabeth Shue in an unusually bad-ass role as a sheriff, Ving Rhames as her deputy and Jerry O'Connell as a Joe Francis type. Christopher Lloyd has one great scene in full-on, crazed Christopher Lloyd mode as the resident fish expert. The second you see Eli Roth — playing the emcee at a wet T-shirt contest, no less — you know some hideous fate will befall him. And then there's Richard Dreyfuss, who makes a very cute cameo off the top. That's all we'll say.

But the whole point of this kind of movie is the gore, and French director Alexandre Aja finds hilarious and creative ways to kill off his characters. Not a huge surprise, given his previous movies — the suspenseful "High Tension" and a Wes Craven-approved remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" — but here, there's a lightness and a sense of fun about the carnage. If that makes sense.

Besides, partying provides the premise for the film. It's spring break at Lake Victoria, Ariz. — really Lake Havasu — and hordes of drunk, horny college students have arrived to trash their perfect bodies. But there's something swimming in the water that can do that much more efficiently. Actually, there are thousands upon thousands of them. The piranhas have razor-sharp teeth and ferocious eyes, but they almost look as if they're smiling as they prepare to tear into some unsuspecting fool's flesh. A seismic shift beneath the lake created a rift that unleashed these prehistoric creatures. Now they're here, and they're hungry.

In classic horror-movie fashion, the victims get picked off one by one. Sheriff Julie Forester (Shue) and Deputy Fallon (Rhames) discover the first body and call in the scientific experts, led by Adam Scott (cast against type). But containing the fish is as difficult as stopping the partyers from dancing on boats in their bikinis to generic house music. And so when the inevitable bloodbath happens — and oh yes, it does happen — it's vast and horrifying but with some giddy glimmers of absurdity sprinkled throughout.

Stuck in the middle of this are Julie's three kids, the eldest of whom, Jake (Steven R. McQueen), has become an impromptu crew member on a "Girls Gone Wild"-style video shoot. Yes, there is plenty of nudity and girl-on-girl action here, but again, it's used with a wink and a smile. "Piranha 3D" knows it needs to titillate on every level.

Visually, though, it was shot in 2-D and then converted to add a third dimension, but it looks better than other films that have followed the same path, including M. Night Shyamalan's muddled "The Last Airbender." Still, some of the underwater mayhem is a bit hard to make out, especially when the fish are doing their damage in darkened caves.

But Aja mostly employs the 3-D precisely as he should with this genre: in totally gimmicky, gratuitous ways. A guy sprays beer from a keg and it shoots right at you. A girl has too many tequila shots and yacks off the side of the boat and into your lap. And of course there are the fish, zooming right at you to take a bite.

There could be a moral to this story: Don't go to the lake and act like a cheesy, drunk idiot during spring break. But that would be no fun.

"Piranha 3D," a Dimension Films release, is rated R for sequences of strong bloody horror, violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language, and some drug use. Running time: 82 minutes. Three and a half stars out of four.