Hotel reviews

Avengers7

I was looking at some of the reviews and while they don't look super encouraging, I wonder it it would matter so much for an event like Autographica.

Chances are you'll be pretty busy for most of the weekend with all that goes on at the event so probably wouldn't have much call to use the hotel facilities.

I saw some complaints about the food but it also looks like they offer room prices without breakfast so if that is a problem you could always go elsewhere for that.

Overall the prices do seem pretty reasonable which isn't always the case with the big hotels around Heathrow, plus I always like the buzz (no pun intended) of staying in the event hotel. After all you never know who you might come and sit at the table next to you while you are enjoying a pre dinner sherry!

Looks like this is the route to go down for booking:

Thistle Hotel: London Heathrow

For discounted bookings please contact the hotel direct and quote the booking reference

Autographica Booking Code : AUTO 23/09/10

Thistle Telephone 0208 624 4008

Please only use this number when booking a room for discounts to apply

• Moderators

Further to all this theme.

We have just returned from the Thistle and can report that the hotel is as we speak undergoing a refurb.

Some of it is already done and all rooms now have brand new plasma t.vs. The Exhibition space has been refurbed and the halls and rooms are underway.

The hotel is ideally served from all terminals by Hoppa Bus and there is ample parking at the special rate of £4 per day.( That's really good for Heathrow). They are also going to lay on food during the day and a special two course dinner at £15 a head.

The hotel has a great atmosphere and the venue for the drinks reception is second to none.

More details on the refurb when we go back again.

Dave Phillips

• 2 weeks later...

When I've used the Hopper buses at Heathrow for other Autographicas it's usually dropped off outside the main entrance to the hotel.

The only thing with the Hopper is its about £3 (or maybe more now) each way. It used to be that all the local buses round Heathrow were free, does anyone know if that is still the case?

so terminal 5 is closest? is it walkable?

No, definitely not walkable.

I think the hopper is 4 pounds now, but I haven't been in that area for a while.

It drops off at the main entrance for the Thistle too.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

cheers guys

anyone know how regular they are? ill be coming up daily not staying in the hotel as I live in luton and commute to london for work so have a travel card already (bloody espensive lol)

You need to pay cash for the hopper busses, they won't accept travel cards.

Honestly speaking I never bothered to look up schedules - plane travel can be tricky, and at least if you were going after the timetables at the stops the hoppers were never on time anyway.

Would you like me to book it for you as well ? ^_^ If only there was some way of finding things out online .....

First hand accounts r much more useful to me ;-) be careful that might be read as a negative post and be deleted along with anything associated with it lol ;-)

Been on my mob or at work alot recently not had time to online investigate , will do nearer the time