My view of LFCC 2010

2) Free and paid talks alike - the people giving out microphones should really move faster. So much time was wasted by slow walking from one side of the auditorium to the other.

Was surprised, based on the number of attendees at some of the bigger talks, that the queue up behind a fixed microphone option wasn't used. It would speed things up and saved guests from looking frantically around the room to find out where the person who is acsking the question was sat.

That said, for Shatners talk, it would of meant standing up a long time waiting to ask your question!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem Tommy, but dont forget that not everybody spends a lot of time on the forum and therefore would miss a lot of the information like that

Bringing me back to my point of "plan, don't assume". and if you assume and don't plan, don't try to land the blame on somebody else if your assumptions are wrong. To me it's the same as making sure you show up with your ticket, or that your camera batteries are charged.

And as said, it'd be nice if SM made planning that bit easier by making it clear how big the prints were, (one for the FAQs?) but if they don't, then I kind of think it's a bit harsh to blame them if people assume the wrong size...

Just an opinion. (Apparently the humility of it is open to question :D )

except that here Tommy, I think the words mountain and molehill could come into play.

This entire thread was just the feedback of one attendees first trip to LFCC.

Not knowing the show previously, they just shared their thoughts. Nothing more.

They arent having a go, or blaming anyone, so there is no need to jump to anyones defence.

No harm intended or done. Just feedback. :YAHOO:

It would be a shame for this to blow out of proportion

2) Free and paid talks alike - the people giving out microphones should really move faster. So much time was wasted by slow walking from one side of the auditorium to the other.

Was surprised, based on the number of attendees at some of the bigger talks, that the queue up behind a fixed microphone option wasn't used. It would speed things up and saved guests from looking frantically around the room to find out where the person who is acsking the question was sat.

That said, for Shatners talk, it would of meant standing up a long time waiting to ask your question!!!

In Liz Sladens talk the frantic looking round for person aksing the question happened a good 5 or 6 times (though were some wee kids askin them so......). Would it not be poss have 3 microphones for the audience, one each down the sides and one down the middle?

On subject of sigs looking diff i've two autos by Steven 'Grievious Bodily' Harmison (Durham n England cricketer) and look completely different. First one was after a Durham match where if you want sigs u line up on the pitch and the players go down the line signing whatever u have ie bats autobooks, 2nd was afetr a durham game he hadnt played in or if he had he'd changed and was heading out so in bit more of a rush.

I find that the dodgy DVDs stick out quite a bit though.

The amount of pirated DVD's blatantly on display was disgraceful. I currently run a business which has been hit so hard the past few years due to piracy - and to see it on sale openly at a venue full of film fans is completely wrong. People should not be buying such products at these venues.

Yeah I have seen those guys selling dodgy dvds at a few cons now. Doesn't seem quite right.

I find that the dodgy DVDs stick out quite a bit though.

The amount of pirated DVD's blatantly on display was disgraceful. I currently run a business which has been hit so hard the past few years due to piracy - and to see it on sale openly at a venue full of film fans is completely wrong. People should not be buying such products at these venues.

Yeah, the pirate DVDs were another thing I was wondering about. Publicly displayed "Burning on Demand" sign etc. There is no way that Showmasters don't know about their activities!

Publicly displayed "Burning on Demand" sign etc.

I saw one of those too, but that offer specifically said somrthing like "back up your memory cards", so they were burning pictures from camera memory cards on CD. They offered photo printing on demand too.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Publicly displayed "Burning on Demand" sign etc.

I saw one of those too, but that offer specifically said somrthing like "back up your memory cards", so they were burning pictures from camera memory cards on CD. They offered photo printing on demand too.

I believe that same stall was also selling pirated DVDs of all the latest TV shows from the States.

Edited by keithporter23

TBF I would never be able to tell if an auto was fake or real, on the same day at the same event me I got these two autos from Robert Pattinson;

27190_375780588514_547513514_3682487_2772344_n.jpg

27190_375808388514_547513514_3682576_1994521_n.jpg

Clearly VERY different based on time constraints etc... i think it's easy to misjudge things sometimes, but like others have said if people are that sure maybe report it at the actual event?

Seeing looking at your autos from Rob, Talie. The one I got from a few years back at Collectormania Gmex is totally different to both. I'll hunt it out at some point. But I think when I got mine I got the full Robert Pattinson and it looked nothign like yours so yeah signatures definately vary. I'd be the same if I were to do a sit down signing compared to a premiere, my full name is 13 letters long and I'd definately cut it down to initial and last name for premieres so I could please more fans by getting more done and considering Rob's name is 15 letters long I'd definately wanna cut it down to something alittle shorter.

Seeing looking at your autos from Rob, Talie. The one I got from a few years back at Collectormania Gmex is totally different to both. I'll hunt it out at some point. But I think when I got mine I got the full Robert Pattinson and it looked nothign like yours so yeah signatures definately vary. I'd be the same if I were to do a sit down signing compared to a premiere, my full name is 13 letters long and I'd definately cut it down to initial and last name for premieres so I could please more fans by getting more done and considering Rob's name is 15 letters long I'd definately wanna cut it down to something alittle shorter.

Aye exactly at a sit down event they have time to write their entire names, I mean we were super lucky to get 'RobPat' lol and that only happened cus of the girl punching me in the face and security being SUPER nice.

Aye exactly at a sit down event they have time to write their entire names, I mean we were super lucky to get 'RobPat' lol and that only happened cus of the girl punching me in the face and security being SUPER nice.

a girl punched you in the face? why

I guess because Robert Pattinson came close to the area where they were standing. At a premiere things can get very mad.

I got an elbow into the face at the Troy premiere myself when Brad Pitt approached. Seriously though my nose was broken first.

I guess because Robert Pattinson came close to the area where they were standing. At a premiere things can get very mad.

I got an elbow into the face at the Troy premiere myself when Brad Pitt approached. Seriously though my nose was broken first.

Pretty much this lol, he was like letting me take a picture and the battery ran out and he laughed and said that always happens but i ahd another camera so he bent down to take a photo again and she literally punched me in the face and robs security swarmed him and moved him along lol

Very mad indeed, theres something about the human condition that goes out of the window when we're so close to people, for me it was George Lucas back in 2002 and 2005 resepectively...

Then on Thursday the same with Tom Cruise, something I still cant fathom. Cant believe I said to him what i said - and I am straight lol.

But at premieres, people get pushed, people faint, theres treading of toes, theres panic, theres exhaustion and its just mass hysteria bottled up shaken around and then let out.

Maybe the girl thought that she was Bella and that Talie was a werewolf?

Cant believe I said to him what i said - and I am straight lol.

What did you say?

I may have blurted out saying "Tom I Love you." or something to that effect, but like I said in my previous post when you're in that kind of scenario with famous people/Hollywood icons etc etc sense and decorum goes straight out of the window... Of course this was after we had our picture taken and he had signed Cocktail and my Autograph Book and spoke to me. But this is Tom Cruise we're talking about.

*Goes off to drink beer and watch Top Gun so he can seem to be all manly again*

Am sure that Tom would approve.

TC.jpg

Maybe the girl thought that she was Bella and that Talie was a werewolf?

LMAO =[

Nowt hairy about me :chair: lol

aw, so jealous of our tom encounter.

I was in air cadets for a while, so you can imagine how many times I watched Top Gun lmao ;)

I've had a few comments on facebook pertaining to the jealousy lol, on the way back from the Premiere my friends and I were carrying boards and when we were at the tube station all you could hear was people screaming and asking if I had met him... To be honest its not dawned on me yet, call it a somewhat delayed reaction.

Hmmm would it be more than ten, less than twenty? :o

eek! way more than both! lol :D

Air cadet remember lol If there was nothing happening someone would stick it on lol :D

ps just noticed my spelling error, "YOUR" tom encounter lol

Rubbish laptop full of icing! lol note to self, leave laptop out of the kitchen! :D

and yes, I did watch Top Gear tonight lol :D

Edited by Rhianydd