the Borrower Arrietty

thedude57

'The Borrower Arrietty'

recently saw the full trailer for 'The Borrower Arrietty', the latest full-length animated feature film from Studio Ghibli. Based on the novel 'The Borrowers' by Mary Norton, the film centres around a friendship between a human and the 10cm tall borrower known as Arrietty.

released in Japan within the last week - not sure of release date in the states/UK

the dude :P

Also Known As

Chiisana Arrietty in Japan (working title)

The Borrower Arrietty in Australia (dubbed version)

The Borrowers - the International title (English title)

unlikely to be known as "the borrowers" when it hits these shores due to the other films and TV of the same name.

Edited by the dude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

whether it is japanese with subs, or dubbed in to English - i am looking forward to this movie

Absolutely! So looking forward to the UK release! Scuttlebutt on the boards I'm looking at says summer 2011 though...

Echo :gorgeous:

yes, just heard it myself that a release in the US is due for 12.08.2011

• 1 month later...

currently has made $45millon in the Japanese box office - looking forward to seeing this

actually as of oct 24th it had made $110mil in Japan with a further $6mil in South Korea - bit of a wait until August next year for US release, more likely chance to see it on DVD before the US cinema release

• 8 months later...

just watched it, very good, not near their best but still a nice movie

Watched it this weekend - the cinema we saw it in offered a dubbed version and a subtitled version, which I'd not heard of before! Went for the subtitled...

Agree with you dude - it was good, very beautiful, and enjoyable but not the best.

Echo :D

• 3 years later...