Cosplay for Bitten

TeamQuil

You look great as Sookie!

If I can go to Bitten I'd love a pic with you in the outfit!

Can I ask what size you got for your tshirt? I want one but I have no idea what size to get =/

err.... probably a large or XL. Prob is, I've had that Tshirt for nearly a year. Ordered it from the american HBO site which ended up costing me a small fortune. There are UK licenced ones on sale over here now from Forbidden Planet/play.com etc but they're a different type of material and are shorter than mine (same prob I had with my 2 fangtasia shirts - 1US, 1UK) and the logo's a little larger, so I would suggest to look at the sizing charts on the websites that sell them!

I've just managed to find the dress Sookie's been wearing in the last 3 eps.... :D :D :D :D annoyingly it won't be with me in time for Bitten, but there's plenty of other cons to cosplay at... and there's always bitten 2!!!

Question: How hard is it to get a Merlotte T-shirt

Answer: To bloody hard!

1st off I ordered a T-shirt on the 21st July - but later found out that they were away until the 4th August.

Then I tried to buy a white T-shirt, but no one would answer my questions so checked the shops online and found one in George.

Decided to get an Iron Transfer, but what turned up was MASSIVE!

Was getting a bit P***ed off by this point, so had a think and decided to make the patch myself with the left over material from the apron and some while fabric paint.

I had to write the logo with a pin as it would have been too thick on the writing otherwise - took me over an hour. But now complete.

Did my nut

That is how hard it is to get a Merlotte T-shirt! lol :D

Don't they sell them on play.com?

That's probably not helpful now, sorry xD

They didn't have any in stock when I looked the other week. Even Amazon was useless, unless I was 4 sizes smaller than what I am! lol :whistling:

I don't like my play.com one - the logo's too big, the shirt's too short and it's too tight fitting /moan! ;) . I love my HBO US store one though - shame it ended up costing a small fortune.

oh no if its tight on you is it gonna be ok on me?! (I'm guessing thats the one I'm borrowing!)

I'll pack a long white vest top to wear under it in case its too short!

I don't like my play.com one - the logo's too big, the shirt's too short and it's too tight fitting /moan! :D . I love my HBO US store one though - shame it ended up costing a small fortune.

oh no if its tight on you is it gonna be ok on me?! (I'm guessing thats the one I'm borrowing!)

I meant that it's more elastic than the HBO US one (which isn't elastic atall)... it fits me though so it should be FINE on you! :)

Good plan about the vest (I do the same) although with your apron over the front you can't tell how long the shirt is - it's just when I'm wearing it normally (not cosplay), I'm so used to the length on my original one!

Is anyone cosplaying as Grandma Stackhouse :D?

KatieBoo was going to, not sure if she's changed her plans!

I'm grannying it up on Sunday night, but haven't got any denim dungarees so I won't be Nanna.

I don't like my play.com one - the logo's too big, the shirt's too short and it's too tight fitting /moan! :D . I love my HBO US store one though - shame it ended up costing a small fortune.

I meant that it's more elastic than the HBO US one (which isn't elastic atall)... it fits me though so it should be FINE on you! :)

Good plan about the vest (I do the same) although with your apron over the front you can't tell how long the shirt is - it's just when I'm wearing it normally (not cosplay), I'm so used to the length on my original one!

awesome thanks sweet :-) cant wait to try it all on together i really hope we have time to get ready cuz i wanna put my hair half up half down like Jessica sometimes does!

awesome thanks sweet :-) cant wait to try it all on together i really hope we have time to get ready cuz i wanna put my hair half up half down like Jessica sometimes does!

Yeah, I want to put my hair extensions in, which I wasn't planning on wearing for the rest of the photoshoots!!

*fingers crossed for time (or even a 2nd photoshoot on Sunday!)*