What was your hotel Like?

I got mine off Last Minute, and it was 75 a night.

It was one of the Top Secret Hotels, and all I did was type the first line of the description into Google. So I spent two nights at the Radisson Edwardan Grafton. Great hotel, 20 mins tube ride away, 4 or 5* with wi-fi, mini bar, robe and trouser press (which I used on my camo trousers).

Had a great stay, would go back next year like a shot. I felt like a prince.

Alot better than last year when the easyhotel made me hallucinate and think I was a tangerine!

Stayed at the Boka hotel just around the corner from the event. Was ok for what it was but if I had not been travelling alone and on a tight budget (needed all my money for all the SW guests!) then I would not have stayed there! I think 'tired' would be a polite expression.

I stayed there for Collectormania London I think, awful hotel, worst I've ever been to. The 'en suite bathroom' was about the size the shower should've been lol. It was dirty, and 'tired' as you say, I'll not be going back :wub:

When you went down for breakfast did the staff insist you sit with other people down there that you didn't know? I went to sit on a table by myself and was then taken over to another table where a woman was already eating, despite there being plenty of tables :thumbup:

I stayed at the Ibis at the last LFCC, much better, but also costs a lot more. This time I only went for day and didn't need to stay in a hotel :D

Edited by Christoff

we stayed at the ibis this year i did last year to, both times the hotel was nice but the crazy room heating systems are a bit off thats probably my only problem with the place.

we had a bit of a problem on check in as we had booked a family room two adults and a child and they gave us a double and a single rather than three singles. it confused the man and woman behind the counter but i was with my friend and her daughter it shouldnt have been that confusing.

but after 3 attemts they got it right eventualy lol

first day we stayed at the Crestfield at Kings Cross. wasn't too impressed. we asked for a double and literally, you walked through the door onto your bed. it was moderately cheap and that's the only reason we will be back. we picked a room without ensuite but they said there werent any prepared and so they gave us an ensuite. it was like a broom cupboard. you had to walk through the shower to get into the toilet.

moderately clean but rusted taps and the paint on the walls looked as stressed as we were. no wifi appeared available either :D

Edited by Chantelliosis

I stayed in the Boka hotel for 2nd time, is a great little hotel right around the corner from the event.

Works out about £90 a night for 6 bedded room so for weekend was about £60 each :)

The rooms have changed since last year, there were two bed rooms and each room had ladders that lead up into a sort of 2nd floor with more beds. I say sort of floor cause you couldnt stand up in it but we didnt mind, was kind of fun:) Room had a bathroom, tv, fridge, kettle, microwave and table to sit at.

Have never had the breakfast cause never really had time.

Reception is great, when I asked where the closest cinema was the guy looked up the films for me and told me the times:)

If I can make November collecto will defo be staying again:)

I stayed at the boka hotel it was basic which is what i was after :)

somewhere to leave my stuff.

I had the breakfast both days and well i will stay at the hotel again i will avoid the food tho :)

Room was £80 a night

there was ladders up to the top part of the room.

DSCF0432.jpg

Edited by Sorock

I had the breakfast both days and well i will stay at the hotel again i will avoid the food tho :)

Room was £80 a night

DSCF0432.jpg

I don't mean to be rude, and I know you were looking for a room that was affordable, but, that looks less like a hotel room and more like those overly-comfortable prison cells that are commonplace these days.

Room was £80 a night

DSCF0432.jpg

Huh, mine was 74GBPs for 2 nights and the breakfast was great - also, the room was much more comfy and bigger even though it was a single (what you can't see from the pic was that there was a sink and a built-in closet as well within the room, still leaving comfortable floor-space). Doubles are roomier still. I know it ain't the Hilton, but it certainly did it for the 2 nights I was staying there.

I'm kinda surprised none of the many crew I saw staying there have commented on the accommodations yet - I thought it was a darn good place at a very decent price in a great location.

beit-hall-residence-hotel-kensington_100620091506544083.jpg

Edited by silky_cat

I'm kinda surprised none of the many crew I saw staying there have commented on the accommodations yet - I thought it was a darn good place at a very decent price in a great location.

There's reasons for that, but I can't get into those on the forum. It's nothing bad though.

There's reasons for that, but I can't get into those on the forum. It's nothing bad though.

Oh, ok *chuckles* I was wondering if none of them read this forum or if they had hated it so much that they were given a gag order or something :D No, just kidding, I was just kinda .. wondering, idly, as I am wont to do :dance: Thank for sorta clearing it up for me a little :)

i did not have a bad time in the hotel,

as i said it was basic which is all i was after the staff where friendly i was not to fussed about the food being poor.

and as i said i would use it again for next year if i did not like it i would go elsewhere :)

on a side note on the sat i had a few drinks and when we left the pub i had the best kebab i have ever tasted :)

I stayed there for Collectormania London I think, awful hotel, worst I've ever been to. The 'en suite bathroom' was about the size the shower should've been lol. It was dirty, and 'tired' as you say, I'll not be going back :D

When you went down for breakfast did the staff insist you sit with other people down there that you didn't know? I went to sit on a table by myself and was then taken over to another table where a woman was already eating, despite there being plenty of tables :D

I'd use the Boka again only as a last resort - my room was described as 'looking out onto the garden' but when I looked out the window the garden literally started 3/4 of the way up the window so I only had the barest of sunlight coming in the window (not too much of a problem.

My shower was ok but my mate who had another room couldn't even fit into his shower without going in sideways (and there is nothing to him!!) which makes me glad I didn't have his room!!

I had heard about the breakfast but we didn't stay for it (although I felt I was being watched as I walked through the breakfast room (my room was on the same level!))

Hopefully I can get a decent rate for the ibis next year!

My partner an I stayed in the Premiere Inn just off Earls Court Road and i couldnt fault it except for a baby cringat 5am and the tube line being right outside (although you couldnt really hear it at night with the windows shut.

Clean, very spacious rooms, air con (which was a god send), all you can eat brekkie for a reasonable price...

Will probably go back.

The only downside was the price. I must admit I don't think it was quite worth the £210 we paid for the two nights we were there. :S

My partner an I stayed in the Premiere Inn just off Earls Court Road and i couldnt fault it except for a baby cringat 5am and the tube line being right outside (although you couldnt really hear it at night with the windows shut.

Clean, very spacious rooms, air con (which was a god send), all you can eat brekkie for a reasonable price...

Will probably go back.

The only downside was the price. I must admit I don't think it was quite worth the £210 we paid for the two nights we were there. :S

I would of choked on most of the 'all you can eat brekkie' paying that much!!

But guess thats London prices. If you drive, next time you might want to consider a cheap hotel around heathrow and tube it in or drive in (it's 15 minues by car and practically a straight dual carriageway all the way in)

We stayed in the Easy Hotel just around the corner to the convention.

It was £25 per night for the 2 of us... wasn't expecting much, but the room was fairly clean though small is an understatement. The ensuite shower/toilet was barely big enough to shower in, let alone shower comfortably.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was fairly quiet apart from some noise and running around outside on the first night. Oh and on the sunday night someone called the fire brigade to knock down a neighbouring rooms door... at 1am...

It really is a no frills hotel- no breakfast, not even so much as a sandwich for sale and when we were struggling up the stairs with large cases there was no offer whatsoever of assistance.

I probably would end up staying there again if only for how cheap it was- we really were on a budget this year since we were attending as small press dealers.

Still, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable enough for a nights sleep and thats all we really needed.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in a place called Pay & Sleep in Southall, which from their website looked like a very cheap hotel. It was actually a hostel. I don't mind staying in hostels, since some of them can be ok. This one though was not good.

The room wasn't actually that bad: the beds were ok, got a decent night's sleep and had a small fridge (although that was so cold that some stuff we put in there ended up with bits of ice on - I think the ice box was open and wouldn't close). We decided not to use the shared shower... it did not look clean at all. Baby wipes were the only option! The shared toilets were just as bad (both mornings we found that someone had been sick in there - clearly there were some people who can't handle their drink staying there too ;)).

It cost us £32.50 for the three of us... so it was very cheap. It said that this price included a "meat free cooked breakfast". I'm not sure what that involved since we decided against having it... possibly just toast though (since that technically is cooked B))

It was right opposite the train station, which was useful and took about 40 minutes to get to the con using a train and then tubes - it was within zones 1-4 so all we needed was an all-day travelcard. Wouldn't stay there again though.

We would probably have managed to get somewhere a bit better/closer if we'd been booking everything earlier, so next year I'm sure (or I hope!) we'll have somewhere better!

I don't mean to be rude, and I know you were looking for a room that was affordable, but, that looks less like a hotel room and more like those overly-comfortable prison cells that are commonplace these days.

You're right, I stayed there a while ago and hated the place, will never go back.