Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

I dont know if

Fairs fair, all or no-one

is neccesssarily the right way to go about this. Would that mean everyone got the gold pass reception or everyone got guest encounters etc etc Where do you draw the line?

I guess it is just all up to showmasters if they change the way they implement this or not.

I have a Silver ticket, hoping to upgrade at source. But you miss my point. Gold ticket holders at the Park Inn are the only ones that have this opportunity. And many, many Gold ticket holders have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information from the Park Inn regarding room availability, from the outset of Bitten being advertised, online AND over the 'phone! Surely these people shouldn't miss out on this opportunity simply because the Park Inn gave the wrong information in the first place! I think everyone would prefer to stay at the Event Hotel, hence the outcry now! It's only when differences in opportunites comes to the fore, for all those that have paid the same amount for a particular ticket, that people will complain. And quite rightly so!

Incidentally, if I can't upgrade on the day, I will still be upset for the friends of mine that have paid for a Gold ticket but are NOT being given the same Event courtesy and opportunities, because of Park Inn management/Bitten event management, not giving the correct and accurate information in the beginning!

I am really sorry, not trying to contradict you, but this wasnt offered with the gold programme admission, as Queen Sindel said earlier.

This is new and only now being introduced.

I am also afraid that tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangable, but I will wait for Queen Sindell or David to confirm this for me (normally not a problem, cos I would check on the website, but tonight, I assume there may be half a dozen replies before I check) - I will still check the website for that information for you

That's quite odd, as I know a few people who have upgraded, and was told from source that I could ask to be upgraded on the day.

I know this is only now being introduced, and only now it comes to light about the information people were given last year and early this year regarding availability at the Park Inn, that is precisely why people are now discussing it.

I've checked the website already, but thanks :YAHOO:)

Oops, I have no idea where that emoticon came from!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, posted at the same time :YAHOO:

At shows like LFCC people can upgrade from standard to early bird, but that is the difference from £5 to £10

At these shows, the tickets are numbered (they arent at LFCC or CM), so it raises other issues as to what number you would be transferred over to etc etc

That is one of the main reasons that they dont have upgrades

I cant comment on somebody having upgraded in the past, that would be something the office would have to advise on I'm afraid. Sorry

true they cannot take it away from us now they have said it, im sure massive events have a idea up there sleeve and all will be revealed they just liek to c people sweat it x

It would be awful if they took it away now!! I really hope it's what you just said: they like to see people sweat! :YAHOO:

lo there are some really awesome emoticons on here :D

:o:eek::YAHOO:

always funny when you hit the wrong key :D

true they cannot take it away from us now they have said it, im sure massive events have a idea up there sleeve and all will be revealed they just liek to c people sweat it x

It would be awful if they took it away now!! I really hope it's what you just said: they like to see people sweat! ;)

I promise they are not keeping you waiting intentionally, I just checked, they are not online at the moment, and probably have no clue whatsoever that this is happening, until one of them checks in later or tomorrow

At shows like LFCC people can upgrade from standard to early bird, but that is the difference from £5 to £10

At these shows, the tickets are numbered (they arent at LFCC or CM), so it raises other issues as to what number you would be transferred over to etc etc

I cant comment on somebody having upgraded in the past, that would be something the office would have to advise on I'm afraid. Sorry

Aye, we will see closer to the time, I guess! I just hope they at least try to do something for those that feel they're missing out through no fault of their own.

Thanks for being pleasant Rhianydd, I can be a bit bolshy sometimes! ~grin~

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones for this con. I originally booked in the Ibis as I saw on the forum that there were no rooms left at the Park Inn and didn't think I'd be able to get the pennies to prepay (have even given up the chance to stay the Sunday night due to lack of funds). I rang a few weeks ago just to confirm this and was told there was a handful of double rooms left, this is obviously not a problem for me as I'm going with my partner so double bed is fine. I booked my standard tickets two days ago as my mum bought my ticket for myself and my partner and I split his ticket. This con is being done on a very very tight budget and I have probably enough for food (though taking most of mine with me), petrol and a few bits from the dealers room so to say I'm happy Showmasters has done this is an understatement as without it I wouldn't have been eating if I purchased photoshoots instead and knowing my luck I wouldn't have the petrol to get back either lol.

I can see the *giving people chance who aren't staying at Park Inn to purchase instead* from both sides really. As David said if its offered some people are going to say "Well if the people at the Park Inn get it free why don't we" and if they don't offer it we're going to have what we have now which is "How is that fair we don't even get the oppurtunity" so really for Showmasters/ME its a lose/lose situation. Either way someone is going to bite their heads off.

lo there are some really awesome emoticons on here :D

:o:eek::YAHOO:

always funny when you hit the wrong key :D

It would be awful if they took it away now!! I really hope it's what you just said: they like to see people sweat! ;)

I promise they are not keeping you waiting intentionally, I just checked, they are not online at the moment, and probably have no clue whatsoever that this is happening, until one of them checks in later or tomorrow

I've a feeling they do know, with the amount of mail I know has gone to them since this was made public today! I should imagine there's lots of stroky beard and coffee time for them tonight. They'll have to do something about it.

Aye, we will see closer to the time, I guess! I just hope they at least try to do something for those that feel they're missing out through no fault of their own.

you didnt see me this afternoon when I came back to the house ready to make a wedding cake and found my kids and friend spread out all over the house! :eek::o

It will all get sorted, perhaps not everyone will be happy with the final decision (if we havent had that already)

And just checking people are emailing the right place and not the shop?

office email is info@showmastersonline.com (I think ! Eek! brain hurting!) lol

You are being pedantic, you know exactly what I'm saying! That those with Gold tickets that have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information at the end of last year, should be given the same courtesy! And of course there is no way you can actually prove that, so the logical thing to do would be to offer ALL Gold ticket holders inclusion in the group photo! And if it was you who was feeling duped, you'd have something to say about it, I'm pretty certain about that!

Sorry if you think I was being pedantic. I was only picking up on what you said.

As for feeling duped .. I'm not gaining anything from this situation. If I end up at the Travelodge and I miss out then so be it. I'm just going to get on with it, enjoy what I'm entitled to, and be happy for those lucky enough to have the group shot. That's just me though, and of course I understand anyone that has a problem with it :YAHOO:

I wouldn't mind staying in the Travelodge either! lol But my concern is still for those that have had to (through being given false information) book other rooms elsewhere, and won't get the same oppo's. You see I and others like me actually rang the Park Inn last December and were told 'no room at the Inn' and had to go to another Hotel, which we really didn't want to do. Some of those attendees are Gold, so because their hands were forced, should they miss out on the chance of some of their lifetimes? I think they shouldn't. So what I'm basically proposing is that all Gold ticket holders get that chance. Get me yet? lol

sorry, posted at the same time :o

you didnt see me this afternoon when I came back to the house ready to make a wedding cake and found my kids and friend spread out all over the house! :D:eek:

It will all get sorted, perhaps not everyone will be happy with the final decision (if we havent had that already)

And just checking people are emailing the right place and not the shop?

office email is info@showmastersonline.com (I think ! Eek! brain hurting!) lol

Ack!! Cake making and kids don't go together, unless they're employed to lick the Spoon! Aye that's the address I've been using for the past few months, cheers, and good luck with the cake!

• Showmasters Admin

Mark and Jason have not been around today and will not get to see this until tomorrow. They will then address your concerns.

I have to say though that while some points raised are understandable, others really just are not! Why is it so wrong to offer an incentive to people to stay at the Park Inn and so at the same time help the convention? Almost any hotel room that is booked and not paid for in advance can be cancelled until the day of arrival so almost everyone here has the same opportunity as anyone else to stay at the Park Inn. It is your choice to stay somewhere else.

As for those who were told by the Park Inn that the hotel was full I dont really know what to say about that. It obviously is not full and never has been so I am sure Mark will be having some serious words with them tomorrow.

I know that it would not be Mark or Jason's intention to annoy or hurt any of you and they would be disappointed that any of you would even think that. I am sure that when they can come on here to explain tomorrow most of you will understand. However, I am sure they will not be able to please everyone as there does seem to be some posts on here that are just purely selfish and out for themselves. (I can't believe someone suggested that no one getting this 'extra' photo shoot would be better than just some getting it)!

Anyway, just chill everyone and stop ruining what was shaping up to be a really great event. Just wait until tomorrow and see what Mark and Jason have to say on the subject.

Mark and Jason have not been around today and will not get to see this until tomorrow. They will then address your concerns.

I have to say though that while some points raised are understandable, others really just are not! Why is it so wrong to offer an incentive to people to stay at the Park Inn and so at the same time help the convention? Almost any hotel room that is booked and not paid for in advance can be cancelled until the day of arrival so almost everyone here has the same opportunity as anyone else to stay at the Park Inn. It is your choice to stay somewhere else.

As for those who were told by the Park Inn that the hotel was full I dont really know what to say about that. It obviously is not full and never has been so I am sure Mark will be having some serious words with them tomorrow.

I know that it would not be Mark or Jason's intention to annoy or hurt any of you and they would be disappointed that any of you would even think that. I am sure that when they can come on here to explain tomorrow most of you will understand. However, I am sure they will not be able to please everyone as there does seem to be some posts on here that are just purely selfish and out for themselves. (I can't believe someone suggested that no one getting this 'extra' photo shoot would be better than just some getting it)!

Anyway, just chill everyone and stop ruining what was shaping up to be a really great event. Just wait until tomorrow and see what Mark and Jason have to say on the subject.

Thanks for replying. It got pretty heated in here today. I wasn't made aware that it was an incentive, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that some people, myself included were actually given the wrong information by the Park Inn as early as last December. I'm really hoping that Mark WILL have serious words with them tomorrow, and hopefully come up with something that can appease those who feel they've been duped. I'm not one of them as I have a Silver ticket, but have been told I may be able to upgrade on the day of arrival. And I'm looking forward to everything and anything I can have!

For the record my hands are tied re. where I'm staying, my room was booked by someone who paid in advance, at the Ibis, owing to her remote situation and being told there were absolutely no rooms left at the Park Inn, she wanted to make sure we got a Hotel as close to the Event venue as possible. She incidentally is a Gold ticket holder.

Once again, many thanks for replying.

When Mark or Jason replies here, could they please clarify if ALL attendees staying at the Park Inn will be included regardless of whether they booked with the Bitten code or not? We booked our Park Inn rooms last August when we booked our tickets but not on the phone quoting the bitten password!

Edited by fanggirl

Ok just adding my two-penneth worth!!

Why could this not just have been stated something like this......

''We'd like to thank all you people staying at the Park Inn by offering a group shot with you and all the guests free of charge, however for those of you NOT at the Park Inn you will also get the opportunity to purchase this at a reduced rate of £*****''

In my opinion this would have kept everyone happy and probably made some extra cash for ME, like I said just my thoughts but running a business and dealing with irate customers over the years has made me realise that people just have to be kept happy and no-one should really be penalised for things that maybe are beyond their control.

:D

There's one way to look at this..given that the park inn is one of the more expensive hotels in that area anyway, and those who have booked it have paid extra per night, in effect, they have actually paid for the photo with the extra and paid the same rate as hotels elsewhere :D

There's one way to look at this..given that the park inn is one of the more expensive hotels in that area anyway, and those who have booked it have paid extra per night, in effect, they have actually paid for the photo with the extra and paid the same rate as hotels elsewhere :D

Shut yer face - yer not helping !!

I am also afraid that tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangable, but I will wait for Queen Sindell or David to confirm this for me (normally not a problem, cos I would check on the website, but tonight, I assume there may be half a dozen replies before I check) - I will still check the website for that information for you

That's quite odd, as I know a few people who have upgraded, and was told from source that I could ask to be upgraded on the day.

I'm confused. I thought tickets weren't upgradable at ME events. Has something changed/an announcemnet been made that I have missed somewhere?

• Moderators

I'm confused. I thought tickets weren't upgradable at ME events. Has something changed/an announcemnet been made that I have missed somewhere?

Nothing has changed. They cannot be upgraded.

However a few people have been told in the past to ask on the day at the event itself and see if anything can be done.

I dont know if

Fairs fair, all or no-one

is neccesssarily the right way to go about this. Would that mean everyone got the gold pass reception or everyone got guest encounters etc etc Where do you draw the line?

I guess it is just all up to showmasters if they change the way they implement this or not.

I have a Silver ticket, hoping to upgrade at source. But you miss my point. Gold ticket holders at the Park Inn are the only ones that have this opportunity. And many, many Gold ticket holders have had to book rooms elsewhere because of false information from the Park Inn regarding room availability, from the outset of Bitten being advertised, online AND over the 'phone! Surely these people shouldn't miss out on this opportunity simply because the Park Inn gave the wrong information in the first place! I think everyone would prefer to stay at the Event Hotel, hence the outcry now! It's only when differences in opportunites comes to the fore, for all those that have paid the same amount for a particular ticket, that people will complain. And quite rightly so!

Incidentally, if I can't upgrade on the day, I will still be upset for the friends of mine that have paid for a Gold ticket but are NOT being given the same Event courtesy and opportunities, because of Park Inn management/Bitten event management, not giving the correct and accurate information in the beginning!

I am really sorry, not trying to contradict you, but this wasnt offered with the gold programme admission, as Queen Sindel said earlier.

This is new and only now being introduced.

actually when tickets went on sale the group photo was on the gold package it was removed a few months later but was on there when some of us brought tickets like the same when we brought et2 tickets and it was taken off around the same time!

There's one way to look at this..given that the park inn is one of the more expensive hotels in that area anyway, and those who have booked it have paid extra per night, in effect, they have actually paid for the photo with the extra and paid the same rate as hotels elsewhere :poki:

the park inn is £5 more a night thats not not much more actually alot of us though were told there was no rooms left and couldnt afford to pay when booking

actually when tickets went on sale the group photo was on the gold package it was removed a few months later but was on there when some of us brought tickets like the same when we brought et2 tickets and it was taken off around the same time!

I am sure Mark and Jason will confirm this. But to the best of my knowledge the group photo with the guests has never been included for the Gold Pass holders for bitten.

The last event time-wise that did offer the group shot with the guests was Hallowhedon, and that only was the last one because tickets went on sale quite early. The shot was generally taken off the list quite some events earlier.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I don't think many people given the chance would purposely stay at a con con hotel. I know from past experience that when I have had to stay at a different hotel it's really annoyed me, and put a downer on the con, as there are no benefits to it, and it's generally just an inconvenient pain over the weekend. So now on top of the annoyance of not staying at the con hotel you also don't get as many benefits, it's like rubbing salt in an already bloody wound.

I think this is also a cautionary tale for attending future cons, where now when the con hotel is fully booked people may think twice before bothering to come at all, since they wont be treated the same.

• Moderators

I am sure Mark and Jason will confirm this. But to the best of my knowledge the group photo with the guests has never been included for the Gold Pass holders for bitten.

The last event time-wise that did offer the group shot with the guests was Hallowhedon, and that only was the last one because tickets went on sale quite early. The shot was generally taken off the list quite some events earlier.

That is certainly my recollection of it too. Unless there was human error in copying over something (which I personally don't remember) then it was never included, and hasn't been since Hallowhedon.

I think this is also a cautionary tale for attending future cons, where now when the con hotel is fully booked people may think twice before bothering to come at all, since they wont be treated the same.

I think that's a little unfair. Clearly this is a fairly unique situation where they haven't filled all the rooms, and are trying to offer incentive to do so. I don't think this speaks for Massive Events as an organisation, and if people genuinely decide not to come to a convention because of this then that's quite unfair I think. That's making this into a far bigger issue than it should be.

It's not like this happens at every convention.

No it doesn't happen at every event, however it shouldn't happen here either. We have all paid our ticket money (in my case they have had it for over a year) and should all be treated the same. It certainly does make me feel that my money isn't as good as as the next persons and with limited funds and a lot of choice about events I can not say that it won't make me think twice about where I choose to spend it in future.

That said I am going to email my complaint to them direct because really they are the only ones that can address the issue.

• Moderators

I think people need to remember that if all the rooms aren't filled, showmasters have to pay the hotel for every unfilled one. This is money I'm sure they'd rather spend on other things at the event, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to offer an incentive to get as many people as they can to stay in the con hotel. Every room filled saves them money.

The fact that the hotel was telling people they WERE sold out when they weren't is a very unfortunate circumstance, but in the end this isn't SM's fault.

That said, I do think putting it on sale for those in other hotels is a reasonable idea. If you think about it in a purely logical fashion, this gives every attendee the chance to 'save' SM money just like they would if they filled a room in the hotel.

(And I can't afford to go to this event AT ALL, so I'm speaking objectively here, since no turn of events will benefit me in the slightest.)