Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

It annoys me that the Park Inn hardly have any twin rooms, I mean I would have gladly stayed there and paid more to but I refuse to share a double bed with my mother it astounds me that they have more doubles than twins when it's so easy to push two beds together but not as easy to separate a double one into 2 and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like it if I did that!!!

So to be honest is it really my fault I can't stay there or theirs, I know which I believe!!!!

Silver Programme

Silver programmes are limited to 150. A Silver event programme will include:

1 professional photo shoot with each individual guest1

1 exclusive convention photo featuring all of the guests attending2

Priority seating behind the Gold programme holders for the guest talks

PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme admission. (listed above)

1 - that is taking part in an individual photo session. 2 - Featuring all of the guests taking part in the group photo session.

Ok I have just copied and pasted this from a link provided by DavidB on another thread about the differences in ticket price so as you can see from point 2 it states a group photo session so as a silver ticket holder I guess I should be getting this regardless of whether I am in the Park Inn or not????

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

It annoys me that the Park Inn hardly have any twin rooms, I mean I would have gladly stayed there and paid more to but I refuse to share a double bed with my mother it astounds me that they have more doubles than twins when it's so easy to push two beds together but not as easy to separate a double one into 2 and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like it if I did that!!!

So to be honest is it really my fault I can't stay there or theirs, I know which I believe!!!!

Silver Programme

Silver programmes are limited to 150. A Silver event programme will include:

Priority seating behind the Gold programme holders for the guest talks

PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme admission. (listed above)

1 - that is taking part in an individual photo session. 2 - Featuring all of the guests taking part in the group photo session.

Ok I have just copied and pasted this from a link provided by DavidB on another thread about the differences in ticket price so as you can see from point 2 it states a group photo session so as a silver ticket holder I guess I should be getting this regardless of whether I am in the Park Inn or not????

The photo included in the silver (and gold) packages is a photo OF the guests, not WITH the guests.

Yeah, a photo. Of the guests. Not a photoshoot WITH all the guests!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I guess it's down to misinterpretation more than anything.

Perhaps ME could look into the wording for the future as people seem to be confused. Not that I am, as I think they both say different things, but some people are.

Edited by DavidB

I guess it's down to misinterpretation more than anything.

Perhaps ME could look into the wording for the future as people seem to be confused. Not that I am, as I think they both say different things, but some people are.

How about:

1 photoshoot of you with each of the guests attending.

1 pretty picture of all the guests attending the convention together, just them, and no one else, no - not even you!

;):lol:

• Moderators

:lol:

1 photo which Malcolm will probably take but we cannot guarantee this so it might be Danielle depending on where it is taken, but it will be in a room and against a background, and some people from True Blood will be in it, but we can't guarantee that they'll smile, but they might do, and then someone will take the memory card to some place, probably Boots, and then get the photos printed (but we can't guarantee paper quality, sorry) and these will be returned to the event as quick as possible, and then it will be a collectable photo of the guests which you are then free to scan in and edit yourself into it if you really want, however you will not under any circumstances actually be in the photo unless you happen to run in front of the camera at some point, which will result in you being ejected from the event.

Hmm. Bit wordy maybe.

(I can't believe someone suggested that no one getting this 'extra' photo shoot would be better than just some getting it)!

To be honest I can completely understand this thinking!

Wherever I was staying, be it the Park Inn or elsewhere, I'd feel extremely bad that either i'm not getting the photo, or that i'm getting it and others aren't!

Would you honestly think it's fair if you had 100 attendees at the event, and decide that 90 of them get a free photo of them with all the guests, and 10 people don't get it?!

To me this isn't anything about Gold passes/Silver passes and not getting what you pay for, it's about being fair to everyone. You can't just pick and choose a bulk of people to get something as good as a group photo and exclude others through no fault of their own!

I'm not even going to the event but I'm passionate about fans all being treated equally.

Edited by JacknDaniel

What I was trying to get across is that it states that there is going to be a group photo session, which from every other convention I've ever been to (not ME but regardless) implicates that they will be offering the chance to get this taken or at least put on sale.

Whilst I believe there was no need for all the sarcasm especially from moderators who should know better I do believe that this company really should start thinking about how they word certain things, I've been to lots of other cons and events before and when it states a group photo session most people will believe that this is something they are being offered.

1 photo which Malcolm will probably take but we cannot guarantee this so it might be Danielle depending on where it is taken in which case the photo will DEFINITELY be taken in landscape, and not portrait... which in this instance might be a good thing since there will be 4 people in the shot and might be a tight squeeze to fit them all in portrait unless they all breathe in at the same time, and it could be difficult for them to all breathe in and smile at the same time, , but it will be in a room and against a background, and some people from True Blood will be in it, but we can't guarantee that they'll smile, but they might do, and then someone will take the memory card to some place, probably Boots, and then get the photos printed (but we can't guarantee paper quality, sorry) and these will be returned to the event as quick as possible, and then it will be a collectable photo of the guests which you are then free to scan in and edit yourself into it if you really want, however you will not under any circumstances actually be in the photo unless you happen to run in front of the camera at some point, which will result in you being ejected from the event.

Hmm. Bit wordy maybe.

Bwaahaahaaaa!!!!

you missed out a bit. Added in bold above! ;)

• Moderators

Whilst I believe there was no need for all the sarcasm especially from moderators who should know better I do believe that this company really should start thinking about how they word certain things, I've been to lots of other cons and events before and when it states a group photo session most people will believe that this is something they are being offered.

Just trying to keep the mood a little light. Better that than everyone getting angry :lol:

The change in wording is something I actually believe could benefit people, however there's a lot of people who already understand it how it is.

Bwaahaahaaaa!!!!

;) .. trust you :P

David and FanGirl will you stop making me laugh whilst I'm MEANT to be working :P

Oh gosh work, yeah, thanks for reminding me - I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing! LOL

Bwaahaahaaaa!!!!

;) .. trust you :P

;)

What I was trying to get across is that it states that there is going to be a group photo session, which from every other convention I've ever been to (not ME but regardless) implicates that they will be offering the chance to get this taken or at least put on sale.

You are quoting the little addendum to "group photo of all the guests". So yes, there's a group photo session, but of all the guests only without the attendees.

That PS is only there because the photo is taken Saturday, and there have been Sunday only guests which of course will not be on the photo then.

At prior events other attendees have been wondering "where's the Sunday guests?", that's why this was added. So as you see, even if you try to make something more foulproof it can lead to more confusion for someone else.

It looks logical enough to me, but I agree with what's been posted here: maybe it is time for a rewording. That little problem "photo of the guests" has been coming up a lot lately.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

On a serious note David... do you think you could possibly summarise the main points from these 7 pages for Mark & Jason to make sure all they answer all the important stuff? (as they're evidently busy if they haven't been on here since announcing this yesterday)

e.g.

* Is the photoshoot free to everyone staying at the Park Inn regardless of whether they booked through the Bitten code or not?

* I can't cancel my hotel, It's not fair that only people staying in the Park get it - why can't you offer this to everyone?

* Quite a few people were either told incorrectly that the Park Inn was sold out completely or they had sold out of suitable (i.e. twin) rooms and were forced to look elsewhere.

* If you won't give it to everyone, could you please offer it as an option to purchase?

* Why are Friday & Saturday nights special and not Sunday?

* I thought that the Silver ticket included a group photo of me with the guests anyway - I think the website is badly worded can you please adjust the way it's written?

* I only live around the corner from the hotel so why should I be penalised and miss out when I don't require a hotel room?

Edited by Rhianydd

Boy, I turn my back for one minute- OK, several hours...

I think people need to remember that if all the rooms aren't filled, showmasters have to pay the hotel for every unfilled one. This is money I'm sure they'd rather spend on other things at the event, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to offer an incentive to get as many people as they can to stay in the con hotel. Every room filled saves them money.

The fact that the hotel was telling people they WERE sold out when they weren't is a very unfortunate circumstance, but in the end this isn't SM's fault.

That said, I do think putting it on sale for those in other hotels is a reasonable idea. If you think about it in a purely logical fashion, this gives every attendee the chance to 'save' SM money just like they would if they filled a room in the hotel.

Anyhoo, I agree with this. I do feel bad for those who DID try to get in to the Park Inn, and if they can't transfer now, being given the option to pay for a shoot might be the closest thing to an equitable solution.

• Moderators

On a serious note David... do you think you could possibly summarise the main points from these 7 pages for Mark & Jason to make sure all they answer all the important stuff? (as they're evidently busy if they haven't been on here since announcing this yesterday)

e.g.

* Is the photoshoot free to everyone staying at the Park Inn regardless of whether they booked through the Bitten code or not?

* I can't cancel my hotel, It's not fair that only people staying in the Park get it - why can't you offer this to everyone?

* If you won't give it to everyone, could you please offer it as an option to purchase?

* Why are Friday & Saturday nights special and not Sunday?

* I thought that the Silver ticket included a group photo of me with the guests anyway - I think the website is badly worded can you please adjust the way it's written?

I've added it into the sub-title so hopefully they'll see what to look at.

If there's any others that anyone wants to add, I'll just add them to the bottom of the list :smile:

David please add: For quite a few people we did not choose not to stay at the park inn, we were either told incorrectly it was sold out or they had sold out of suitable (i.e. twin) room s and we were therefore forced to look elsewhere.

Thanks

Can you please add this question:

I only live around the corner from the hotel so why should I be penalised and miss out on the best memento available at a SM convention, when I clearly don't require a hotel room?

Edited by PlayfulHeartMonkey

Can you please add this question:

I only live around the corner from the hotel so why should I be penalised and miss out when I don't require a hotel room?

Because the whole point of this extra for con hotel guests is so that SM doesn't lose money which it will if the rooms are not filled.

SM always recommend that you stay at the event hotel, true that doesn't make sense when you live around the corner but SM are making nothing from people staying at other hotels/at home.

This isn't about people missing out, it's an extra for hotel guests who are paying to stay there and thus benefiting SM. Simple.

This thread is way to angry in my opinion!

The only point, in my opinion, that needs to be addressed is the Park Inn telling people that the hotel was full when it was not and as such people booking else where. So a problem with The Park Inn, not SM. Bahh.