Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

You are still getting the package as advertised on the website.

The Group Shot was not offered with any package before. So I'm afraid I'll have to join the "agree to disagree" club too.

I agree, I booked the IBIS back in December 2009 as the Park Inn website said it was booked up. I have paid £195 for a gold ticket and now Show Masters say I am not getting the premium service I paid for?? I

The Park Inn website will always show that the hotel is sold out for the event because ME are blocking the rooms. It's the same for pretty much all conventions but the ones in the Hilton in Birmingham, the Hilton being the exception because it's a much larger hotel.

The Bitten website says under venue that you need to call the hotel to book a room, and in October they definitely should still have had rooms available.

I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding.

but the group shot used to be something gold holders got with their package but that was stopped last year so surely goldpass holders should still be entitled to it or to at least have the chance to buy it?!

this has really got me and my friends upset i just cant get over it.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may say on their website now to book by phone but I can assure you it did not in December 2009. I have friends coming from America and the Far East and we all had to book separatly at the IBIS. I am sure we will have a fab time but as I am sure you can appreciate its a hard pill to swallow when you have paid hundreds of pounds to get the best package. The Park Inn are at fault for not sorting their room availability out.

At every event I've been too (true, only 3) SM have done something extra for those staying at the event hotel.

True, before now these extras have been pretty bad... such as a fake cullen driving licence.

But, it makes sense to me. Clearly SM block book rooms at the event hotel so want them to be filled in order not to lose money. So as an incentive those at the event hotel get the extra, in this case the group photo.

The ONLY issue I have with this is not with SM at all, it is with The Park Inn and the fact that you have to pay in advance... which some people can't do. Other than that, this extra for Park Inn guests makes sense to me, as long as the shoot is available for others to purchase.

so to make this clear people at the park in get to have there photo taken with the guests going?

People with gold or silver get a photo of all 4 guests (just them)

as much as i love this cause i am staying at the park inn :D i do feel slightly upset that a few people are missing out. is there anyway of allowing others who aint staying at the park inn to have the opertunity to have a group photo shoot with all the guests at a cost? surely that would be fair on both parties. And that way all will be happy and you guys pocket more money

• Moderators

is there anyway of allowing others who aint staying at the park inn to have the opertunity to have a group photo shoot with all the guests at a cost? surely that would be fair on both parties. And that way all will be happy and you guys pocket more money

This has been suggested a few times.

The only thing I'd be wary of is that you'd still get a few people saying "well they get it for free, so why do we have to pay?" etc.

You are still getting the package as advertised on the website.

The Group Shot was not offered with any package before. So I'm afraid I'll have to join the "agree to disagree" club too.

I agree, I booked the IBIS back in December 2009 as the Park Inn website said it was booked up. I have paid £195 for a gold ticket and now Show Masters say I am not getting the premium service I paid for?? I

The Park Inn website will always show that the hotel is sold out for the event because ME are blocking the rooms. It's the same for pretty much all conventions but the ones in the Hilton in Birmingham, the Hilton being the exception because it's a much larger hotel.

The Bitten website says under venue that you need to call the hotel to book a room, and in October they definitely should still have had rooms available.

I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding.

but the group shot used to be something gold holders got with their package but that was stopped last year so surely goldpass holders should still be entitled to it or to at least have the chance to buy it?!

this has really got me and my friends upset i just cant get over it.

Our party too. x

is there anyway of allowing others who aint staying at the park inn to have the opertunity to have a group photo shoot with all the guests at a cost? surely that would be fair on both parties. And that way all will be happy and you guys pocket more money

The only thing I'd be wary of is that you'd still get a few people saying "well they get it for free, so why do we have to pay?" etc.

I think we should at least have the choice though.

I have a gold ticket so with that I do expect the best which I normally do get being gold at all the other past events I have been too but like I said before I really dont see how this is fair, they cant just throw something this good in there a few weeks before just because they havent sold the rooms that were held off for them!

I have a gold ticket so with that I do expect the best which I normally do get being gold at all the other past events I have been too but like I said before I really dont see how this is fair, they cant just throw something this good in there a few weeks before just because they havent sold the rooms that were held off for them!

I have written a complaint to showmasters. I cannot believe I am the only party who is dissappointed by this. There is an entire forum on here for people staying at the IBIS. Considering the Park Inn was only an extra £10 per night (I believe could be wrong) I would guess those people also would have stayed there if they new they could have. Its just wrong!

• Moderators

The way I see it is the only way everyone is going to be happy is if they're given the group shot.

Any other option leaves someone disappointed.

Gold Pass holders aren't entitled to this any more than anyone else (as much as I appreciate the expense) and no doubt if it was just extended to those then many others would be left angry.

You get those who can't afford the Park Inn upfront. Those who booked elsewhere. Problems with availability etc etc. People who have medical problems. Financial problems. God knows what else.

In the end, individual circumstances really don't matter. The way I see it, either Massive Events extend this to everyone, or just keep it the way it is. It's not going to help to open it up to other specific groups of people.

I guess we'll see, but I certainly don't believe they were aiming to annoy anyone with it.

I think id understand it if they offered Park Inn peeps the shoot for free, and then offered it to anyone else attending for a fee.

But to just do it like this is like a slap in the face really!

yeah I totally agree or even like I said before if from the begining it was on offer so then people knew and it helped them make up their minds but doing it now really isnt fair as many people cant change their hotels

I think id understand it if they offered Park Inn peeps the shoot for free, and then offered it to anyone else attending for a fee.

But to just do it like this is like a slap in the face really!

yeah I totally agree or even like I said before if from the begining it was on offer so then people knew and it helped them make up their minds but doing it now really isnt fair as many people cant change their hotels

I agree - just have to see what happens now. Wouldnt wanna have this unresolved at the start of the event.

If i was going to this con and NOT staying @ the park inn I'd probs be a bit peeved.

But if I take away the personal greivience with it I can actually totally understand it, it's no difference imo than getting a gold ticket or standard for an event such as ET...

you have to pay up front and pay more for gold so in return u get a better deal, that's all this is really, rewarding those who have had to pay up front and probably pay more money.... if that makes sense.

The way I see it is the only way everyone is going to be happy is if they're given the group shot.

Any other option leaves someone disappointed.

Gold Pass holders aren't entitled to this any more than anyone else (as much as I appreciate the expense) and no doubt if it was just extended to those then many others would be left angry.

You get those who can't afford the Park Inn upfront. Those who booked elsewhere. Problems with availability etc etc. People who have medical problems. Financial problems. God knows what else.

In the end, individual circumstances really don't matter. The way I see it, either Massive Events extend this to everyone, or just keep it the way it is. It's not going to help to open it up to other specific groups of people.

I guess we'll see, but I certainly don't believe they were aiming to annoy anyone with it.

I do understand all that but when tickets first went on sale last year the group shoot was actually still being offered this only stopped just before ET2 which was in october so when many of us brought our tickets that was still on there and then taken off which I said is fair enough but what I dont think is fair is that they are only offering this now so close to the event if this was something that was said from the begining I would have tried to find someway to stay at the park inn dang I would have even considered going silver as i thnik a group shoot if better than the wine reception sorry to keep saying my opinion on here but i'm so let down!

• Moderators

I do understand all that but when tickets first went on sale last year the group shoot was actually still being offered this only stopped just before ET2 which was in october so when many of us brought our tickets that was still on there and then taken off which I said is fair enough but what I dont think is fair is that they are only offering this now so close to the event if this was something that was said from the begining I would have tried to find someway to stay at the park inn dang I would have even considered going silver as i thnik a group shoot if better than the wine reception sorry to keep saying my opinion on here but i'm so let down!

Considering these are not offered at Massive Events conventions anymore, this would not have been available from the beginning under any circumstances.

I believe because it's a slightly quieter event, and there are still rooms left, this gives ME the option to offer the photo. They would not have known this ahead of time, and it wouldn't have happened if we had higher ticket sales and 6 guests (for example).

It is a bonus in the end. And yes, I know not all of you can get it.

and I bet your one of the ones who can yeah David8?? Just a guess

I think to make a personal presumption regarding David is a bit harsh.

ME are just offering a reward for those who paid early and an incentive for those to book the rest of the con hotel out.... at the end of the day they're a business not a charity lol.

edit: as much as i do feel bad for those who can't stay there, but it's the same as everything those who book standard pay less than those who pay gold so dont get the drink reception, as for the person who claimed tehy're should be NO extras that's just silly, what about the auctions, and the merch? and the the meals and guest encounters?

Edited by Talie

• Moderators

No, I'm not. I haven't bought my ticket yet because I cannot afford to pay for the Park Inn up front, as I've said elsewhere. I completely understand that, and I'll likely have to stay at the Travelodge and miss out on this. So I'm not talking from a selfish point of view actually.

ME are just offering a reward for those who paid early and an incentive for those to book the rest of the con hotel out.... at the end of the day they're a business not a charity lol.

I brough my gold ticket last year though when they had only announced one guest I have convinced friends to buy tickets too so I really do feel punish here.

they are a business yes so they should make up this money they say they are losing on the event by selling the group photo too

Whos making it personal? I commented on the tense he use in his sentence. Its an observation. .

FYI David, Travel lodge is £54 per room per night at the moment (I cant afford the park inn either, so even if I can afford to go, I wont get the group shot either)

C'est la vie :smile:

Still will be awesome to meet sam and the others if I do end up going, thats what this con is all about at the end of the day.

Wont be going to gold pass reception etc etc etc

But would be at the con :P

I brough my gold ticket last year though when they had only announced one guest I have convinced friends to buy tickets too so I really do feel punish here.

they are a business yes so they should make up this money they say they are losing on the event by selling the group photo too

Maybe they will? Or at least I hope they do for you guys lol.... I remember being royally peeved that I got a gold for ET2 and didn't know the group shot was out of it, but I spose these things happen. =[

Whos making it personal? I commented on the tense he use in his sentence. Its an observation. .

TBF that's the way it came across.

-----------------------------------------------

Put it this way you could have a hole in your tooth bigger than a pea (approx lol) and pasta stuck in it =[

that's bad times </3

Edited by Talie