Group Photo Shoot - Full updated details/answered queries in 1st Post

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We have decided that we wanted to give something special to those of you staying at The Park Inn for Bitten! :WAVE:

With that in mind each person staying at The Park Inn on Friday and Saturday night and attending Bitten will get a free, yes free, group photo shoot with all the guests attending! :WINCE:

Staying at the event hotel is always the best way to experience the event and also helps us at the same time. We therefore have decided that for this event, as we have the time and can do it, we wanted to give this back!

I know that there are still a few rooms left so if you haven't booked a room yet and would like to then please call the hotel on 01604 739988. If you are staying somewhere else and can cancel that room then as I say, The Park Inn does still have some rooms left! :huh:

Thanks and we are looking forward to what will be an amazing event! :D

Mark :wub:

***ADDITIONAL - as of 22nd July***

Hi everyone!

First, and most importantly, can I please stress that neither Jason or myself intended to hurt, annoy or disappoint anyone with the announcement of the group photo shoot for people staying at The Park Inn.

The group shot was offered as an incentive to sell the final rooms that are available at The Park Inn and as a thank you to those who have already booked in there. The reason for this is simple as we have to sell the hotel out or the event itself has to cover the room costs which means less money to spend on the event itself. In many ways the people who have booked these rooms are helping everyone as by ensuring that we do not have to pay for empty rooms it means the money can be spent on other things that everyone benefits from! :dance: In addition, we always recommend staying at the event hotel for a whole number of reasons and did not feel it was unfair to offer something to those who are staying there and there-by helping the event as a whole!

Having said that, I now understand that there seem to be quite a number of you who tried to book into The Park Inn and were unable to as they incorrectly told you that it was full.

What we therefore propose to do is the following :

People staying 2 nights at The Park Inn (Fri, Sat or Sun) - Free Group photo shoot of you with the guests.

Standard Pass people not staying at The Park Inn - Can purchase the group photo shoot at a rate of £40.

Gold and Silver Pass people not staying at The Park Inn - Can purchase the group photo shoot at a discounted rate of £30.

This means that everyone now has the option to be part of the group photo shoot. I understand that there are various reasons why people are not staying at The Park Inn and so will not get the group photo shoot for free but at least this way everyone has the same opportunity as everyone else. :D

May I also say that while it doesn't help anyone now I will be having very serious words with The Park Inn regarding the incorrect information they gave out. Whilst this is not our fault I can completely understand peoples frustration on that front. It is not good enough and I will be telling them so when the manager gets in later today.

I hope that this option enabling everyone to get the group photo shoot will help to alleviate peoples concerns. I understand that in some circumstances it will still not be seen as enough but hopefully it will work for the majority!

Once again, I just want to say that Jason and I do care a great deal about everyone at our events and all we want is to run great events that everyone can have a lot of fun at and remember for the rest of their lives! :D I know that we have some fantastic things lined up for Bitten and that the weekend will be awesome. I hope that we can move forward from the last days uncertainty on here and all get back to looking forward to what will be an incredible weekend with some brilliant guests. :clap:

Mark :D

***GENERAL QUERIES ANSWERED***

Is the photoshoot free to everyone staying at the Park Inn regardless of whether they booked through the Bitten code or not?

Yes. If you are staying in The Park Inn for 2 nights, Fri and Sat or Sat and Sun, then you will get the group photo shoot for free

I can't cancel my hotel, It's not fair that only people staying in the Park get it - why can't you offer this to everyone?

We have now extended the group photo shoot so that everyone has the opportunity to participate. It will remain free to people staying at the Park Inn as an incentive and thank you for helping us by selling the rooms there. People not staying at the Park Inn will have to pay for the group shoot, but do now have the opportunity to get it.

Quite a few people were either told incorrectly that the Park Inn was sold out completely or they had sold out of suitable (i.e. twin) rooms and were forced to look elsewhere.

On the issue of there only being a certain number of twin rooms at the Park Inn that is something that we can really do nothing about. In fact, it is the same at any hotel we use, including the huge Hilton Metropole, and they will always be sold on a first come first served basis. As to the people who were incorrectly told that the Park Inn was sold out we apologise for that. I will be having very serious conversations with The Park Inn about this to ensure that it never happens again.

If you won't give it to everyone, could you please offer it as an option to purchase?

We have now offered the group photo shoot as an option for everyone to purchase.

Why are Friday & Saturday nights special and not Sunday?

We have now included Sunday night within the criteria for getting the group shoot for free.

I thought that the Silver ticket included a group photo of me with the guests anyway - I think the website is badly worded can you please adjust the way it's written?

We will look at re-wording the website in future to try and avoid confusion. Despite what some have said on here though the group photo shoot with you and the guests has NEVER been offered as an option at Bitten. The last event this was done at was Hallowhedon last year and it was withdrawn from other events much earlier in 2009. The only reason Hallowhedon still had the group shot so far after all the other events was because we had been advertising Hallowhedon for a long time and when we started it did include the group shot and we did not feel it equitable to take it away.

I only live around the corner from the hotel so why should I be penalised and miss out when I don't require a hotel room?

It is not a case of penalising anyone, whether they need a hotel room or not. This group shot has been offered as an extra incentive to people booking the Park Inn and so in turn helping the convention to happen. We have also now clarified that it will be for sale for people not staying at The Park Inn and so everyone has the opportunity to participate.

Will these be available before hand in the online shop or at the event itself?

The group photo shoots will only be available to purchase at the show only at the registration desk.

Edited by DavidB

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am EXTREMELY upset/angry/annoyed by this - I wanted to stay at the Park Inn, I really did. However the park inn do not offer very many twin rooms and by the time I tried to book they were sold out.

Are you going to offer group photos for purchase (I don't mind not getting it for free) to make up for those of us that through no fault of our own can not stay there? Quite frankly I now feel I am being discriminated against because the hotel chooses not to have more than a handful of twin rooms!

Edited by jcAngel

That's awesome, I'm staying at the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights although I didnt book through the con rate, I got a different deal, does that still count?

That's what I was wondering too

I am extreamly peeved - I would so love a group shoot and I would always get the con hotel but the Park Inn wanted the money up front and I couldn't afford that.

So I had to book a hotel that would let me pay on the day.

I am going to 2 more conventions this year and am at the convention hotels - but they will let people pay at the time - The Park Inn changed the rules after the first Chevron 7 convention which made it so I couldn't afford that - I have to save up for months and pay for things a bit at a time. For example this month I paid for the train tickets.

:D:D:thumbup:

Sorry about the rant but I'm upset.

That's awesome, I'm staying at the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights although I didnt book through the con rate, I got a different deal, does that still count?

That's what I was wondering too

well its should as we booked as soon as the con was announced and are paying a bit more than the discounted rate, so I should think we still count.

so totally bummed-- we called a couple months ago to book and were told they are totally sold out, so we booked elsewhere. I spoke to a massive events staff last night and was told they still have rooms, but when I rang again today they told me they are sold out again. I would love to stay there, but there is clearly some confusion.

I am EXTREMELY upset/angry/annoyed by this - I wanted to stay at the Park Inn, I really did. However the park inn do not offer very many twin rooms and by the time I tried to book they were sold out.

Are you going to offer group photos for purchase (I don't mind not getting it for free) to make up for those of us that through no fault of our own can not stay there? Quite frankly I now feel I am being discriminated against because the hotel chooses not to have more than a handful of twin rooms!

I am extreamly peeved - I would so love a group shoot and I would always get the con hotel but the Park Inn wanted the money up front and I couldn't afford that.

So I had to book a hotel that would let me pay on the day.

I am going to 2 more conventions this year and am at the convention hotels - but they will let people pay at the time - The Park Inn changed the rules after the first Chevron 7 convention which made it so I couldn't afford that - I have to save up for months and pay for things a bit at a time. For example this month I paid for the train tickets.

:D:(:thumbup:

Sorry about the rant but I'm upset.

so totally bummed-- we called a couple months ago to book and were told they are totally sold out, so we booked elsewhere. I spoke to a massive events staff last night and was told they still have rooms, but when I rang again today they told me they are sold out again. I would love to stay there, but there is clearly some confusion.

Just like these 3, I'm a little upset over this too..... When I called the Park Inn, they told me they had no rooms left at all, so I booked at the Ibis which is non-refundable. :angry:

Please tell us that there be a chance to buy this photo.... :D

Hmm.....I really think you should call the hotel again if they're telling you there are no rooms. Mark clearly thinks that rooms are available so if one person tells you no then ask to speak to a manager. Clearly there is some confusion and I know a lot of you would love to stay there. Good luck everyone.

OKAY-- for all of us who have been told it is sold out, IT IS NOT SOLD OUT. I called again after being told twice that it was sold out and got a guy name Scott (the only person who actually knows what is going on) and he said they have 15 rooms left. I booked two, which means as of this moment there should be 13 rooms available. The Ibis was kind enough to canx my rooms an no charge so I could rebook at the Park Inn.

**if you get told they are sold out, ask for Scott.

OKAY-- for all of us who have been told it is sold out, IT IS NOT SOLD OUT. I called again after being told twice that it was sold out and got a guy name Scott (the only person who actually knows what is going on) and he said they have 15 rooms left. I booked two, which means as of this moment there should be 13 rooms available. The Ibis was kind enough to canx my rooms an no charge so I could rebook at the Park Inn.

**if you get told they are sold out, ask for Scott.

We (EdwardDiggory and I) would, except our room is non-refundable. We booked our room in like March and finding this out - as well as the free group shot - has annoyed the hell right out of us both. We both think it's so unfair that we'd have to pay for a group shot (if it's possible) purely because we couldn't get a room at the Park Inn for that weekend.

And another thought... Don't Silver and Gold people still get a free group shot anyway? If so, can't everyone Silver or Gold have their group shot with the guests if you're offering them free to everyone staying at the Park Inn?

Or am I just making absolutely no sense to you guys?

Group shots haven't been included in the tickets for a while now. You'd get one OF the guests, but not WITH.

We knew it was OF the guests... but if the people staying at the Park Inn get one with the guests, don't you think it's only fair to let the Gold/Silver people get one too? It wouldn't be that many more people anyway, really.

Group shots haven't been included in the tickets for a while now. You'd get one OF the guests, but not WITH.

We knew it was OF the guests... but if the people staying at the Park Inn get one with the guests, don't you think it's only fair to let the Gold/Silver people get one too? It wouldn't be that many more people anyway, really.

I think this is being as an incentive to make sure the hotel is sold out for the weekend of the convention. They've already stated in another thread that the convention may lose money... I'm guessing they may have some deal with the hotel that all the rooms aren't sold out then they'll lose more!?!* If this is the case then the photos are a little extra to the people to staying there as a thankyou for helping THEM out.

*this is only my guess, I may be wrong.

I was just making it clear so no one misunderstood what you were saying. We've had plenty of unsure people in the past :angry:

Fair do's. I think it's something the organisers should consider, that Gold/Silver people who aren't at the Park Inn should get a group shot with them. It saves getting just a group shot of the guests printed off like 30 times or whatever. :angry:

I think it should just be made available to buy a group shot for people not at the hotel personally. But the Park in people get it for free. Since they are doing one for them it cant be that hard to sort it out so we can all get one if we want. Plus it'd be more money coming in and help out budget wise so it's a win/win situation.

Just my opinion though.