Happy 3rd Anniversary of the release of Deathly Hallows

LisaMarie

Random, I know... but this forum needs more life. :)

Where were you this time 3 years ago? :D

I was in America at a midnight release party. :)

Did you get into HP after the release of DH? Did you go to a release party? Did you just wait for the book to drop onto your doormat (thinking that the amazon delivery would actually fit though a letterbox)?

See, it took me 2 days to complete it (I'm not a slow reader... there are reasons:)

Firstly, I was in Florida so from 8am untill about 10pm each day we were out at Disney and such and my brother took my book from me during this time so I couldn't be antisocial. Horrible boy!

Secondly (serious nerd alert...) I kept a kinda diary whist I was reading it where I wrote down musings after each chapter of what had happened and how I thought it was going to develop. That diary and that American copy of DH are two of my most prized possessions now. Haha.

wow its been 3 years aready does not seem likethat long!

i got the book at a midnight release went home n read til about 3am got up to chapter 10 then had to sleep coz i had to be up for work at just gone 6am! i worked in a book shop then n was parnoid all day that someone was going to ruin the ending for me; thankfully no one did coz i did see plenty of people picking it up n turning to the last page to find out if harry died or not.

i finished it the following morning, if i hadn't had to work it would have been finished on the saturday evening.

I was one of the lucky few who got their Amazon preorder about three days early, so had read it by the official release date and had to wait for my friends to finish, biting my tongue to prevent spoiling it. =)

wow that must have been cool getting it earlier than everyone else! i got Prisoner of azkaban the day before it was released, remember my friends being so jealous lol

with DH it was so annoying being at work n knowing they were upstairs from a couple of days before the release date but not being allowed to read it!

I was one of the lucky few who got their Amazon preorder about three days early, so had read it by the official release date and had to wait for my friends to finish, biting my tongue to prevent spoiling it. =)

wow that must have been cool getting it earlier than everyone else! i got Prisoner of azkaban the day before it was released, remember my friends being so jealous lol

with DH it was so annoying being at work n knowing they were upstairs from a couple of days before the release date but not being allowed to read it!

It was cool, but sucked so bad that it took my friends about two weeks to read it.

Though my dad spoilering the entire que at our local Waterstones was brilliant.

Brilliant?

Sounds a bit harsh to me...:lol:

I think I would have cried if I'd been in that Waterstones!

Tell me about it!!

My boyfriend at the time was coming down to see me as he was staying in Scotland for a bit so we were going on a night out and stuff my friend from Bpool was also coming and I was like GAH haave to go midnight release, and my mum wouldn't let me until i pratically begged lol.

Finished it at 5am after bawling my eyes out for ages :D

Scary how time flies!!! Having to work hard all the time I could not get it at midnight, but got it first thing next morning, been fiddly all day at work, then read it as soon as I got home, and have beenvery disappointed. Re-read it twice in those three years and still don't really like it much LOL. Can I re-write it? Harry would die in my version though, sorry I'd break all them hearts LOL

SPOILER WARNING!! (Though... if you are reading this Deathly Hallows Topic/coming to a HP con I'd guess you've read the book!)

Pfft. I loved it. I must have reread (/listened to Stephen Fry's beautiful reading) it at least 15/20 times since 2007 and I think it is a beautiful and perfect ending to the series.

The ONLY bit I disliked was how offhanded the death of Remus (Remus is my favourite character... although I disliked his character change in DH. :blush:) and Tonks was... although it was necessary in order to mirror the death of Harry's parents and as such leave Teddy an orphan. And perhaps some of the camping scenes could have been a little shorter. Lol!

Other than that, GO JO. ;):smile:

I even loved Snape being a good guy, and I was SOOO anti-Snape before it came out (ask Jade, we had quite a few Snape related arguments pre-DH. She was right about him in the end!).

Scary how time flies!!! Having to work hard all the time I could not get it at midnight, but got it first thing next morning, been fiddly all day at work, then read it as soon as I got home, and have beenvery disappointed. Re-read it twice in those three years and still don't really like it much LOL. Can I re-write it? Harry would die in my version though, sorry I'd break all them hearts LOL

SPOILER WARNING!! (Though... if you are reading this Deathly Hallows Topic/coming to a HP con I'd guess you've read the book!)

Pfft. I loved it. I must have reread (/listened to Stephen Fry's beautiful reading) it at least 15/20 times since 2007 and I think it is a beautiful and perfect ending to the series.

The ONLY bit I disliked was how offhanded the death of Remus (Remus is my favourite character... although I disliked his character change in DH. :() and Tonks was... although it was necessary in order to mirror the death of Harry's parents and as such leave Teddy an orphan. And perhaps some of the camping scenes could have been a little shorter. Lol!

Other than that, GO JO. :D:YAHOO:

I even loved Snape being a good guy, and I was SOOO anti-Snape before it came out (ask Jade, we had quite a few Snape related arguments pre-DH. She was right about him in the end!).

Haha I thought that about remus and tonks though in the film they get a death scene!!

Can I re-write it?

Pretty sure I'd still buy JKR's version...:P

As would I. Woman is a living legend.

Wow... am so late in replying to this thread, but never mind! I went to the midnight release at Borders as well (the only midnight party I've ever been to and I totally regretted not going before afterward but oh well). Had all the others delivered by Amazon, although there was a bit of a palava for HBP as my sister got hers delivered and I didn't. Eventually did turn up though, although about 2 hours later. Phew! I was just debating with my Dad whether he would drive me down to Asda to get one. Anyway, it was the last book so my friend and I thought we should attend at least ONE release party. Had such a laugh and made good friends with the people in front of us. Even got our photo in the paper... (hopefully this link will work...)

scan0007.jpg

But I didn't actually start reading the book until about 10 o clock the next morning because I didn't want to fall asleep before hand. And Lisa I've got another nerd alert for you: ever since GoF I've always made a HP cake and done a display of all my HP goodies and taken photos of them before I've read the book!!! Voila:

MyHarryPotterCrap.jpg

I'm not sure which of us wins the nerd alert.......

:D