2011 LFCC is July 15th,16th,17th

Is there a specific one for LFACC or shall i just state that event as my preference on the post?? :thumbup:

State the event as preference in the post.

Once we have a new section usually a guest suggestions topic pops up there too, but no idea when the 2011 section will be created.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the friday is a short preview thing? ive always said a friday evening open would be good especially for autos, but whats announced seems very short, what can be done in such a short space of time? all the guests saying hello on the stage and a quick look round the stalls? or just stalls?

I say friday night should be photo shoot night ;-) lol

359 days and counting until LFCC 2011.

Only 129 days until Collectormania London 2010...!

So I need to save a fiver a day til then - i'll have......... :poki:..... ....plenty of spending money!!!

Ah, but what about all the other cons and we've got CM London and next years Milton Keynes to go before that???

Good idea in theory though :)

if it's like this year was? no thank you.

why? cue broken record: comic guests.

as before, I totally get that this is a film/tv con. you are completely geared up towards the whole meet, greet, photo op & autograph with film & tv stars, and while that isn't my cup of tea, it clearly is what the vast majority of people are there for.

I didn't get there until just after 11, and I was done by 3.

this is the first con I've ever been to that I've not spent the whole day there.

Edited by rs2

The entire event this year felt very comic related most of the central area was comics I was board as a film tv lover. I enjoyed myself but comics only intrest me so much

if it's like this year was? no thank you.

why? cue broken record: comic guests.

as before, I totally get that this is a film/tv con. you are completely geared up towards the whole meet, greet, photo op & autograph with film & tv stars, and while that isn't my cup of tea, it clearly is what the vast majority of people are there for.

I didn't get there until just after 11, and I was done by 3.

this is the first con I've ever been to that I've not spent the whole day there.

There was waaay too much comic stuff this year IMHO :P

I like the idea of three days, but spent 6 hours travelling on Fri and same on Sun, a LONG time queuing on Sat morning for tickets that ran out before I got to the front of the queue, even with working out a schedule before I came down, there were still talks that clashed, and I was frazzled by Sunday night. Why not charge £10 for all day ticket, (perhaps with the bigger start talks in the later morning) and charge £5 for afternoon only? That way you could perhaps start at 9.30 instead of starting at 10am, taking a little pressure off later in the day.

I don't know what other people's preferences are, but I end up balancing photo shoots/signings, but also like to get to a few talks, and I have to admit that this year I felt I was rushing too much. I can see it's an incredible juggling act (well done, Too-Tall!).

Did the inclusion of two 'heavyweight' stars (pun half intended) cause more than usual problems?

I noticed that the queue and wait for photos was longer than last year, (more photos taken?) perhaps it would be worth hiring an on-site development facility, or using other providers as well as Boots?

I hope this all helps, on to bigger and better next year!

Can we suggest guests? I was reading David Blue's (SGU's Eli Wallace) twitter feed and he said that celebrities don't get to go to cons unless the fans really want them.

Suggestions for guests:

Matt Smith

John Simm

David Blue

Karen Gillan

Sam Worthington

Patrick Stewart

David Hewlett

Elisabeth Sladen (I met her at this years LFCC, but I still love her :) )

That's just a few off the top of my head.

Edited by The 9th Doctor

Can we suggest guests?

There is a whole guest suggestion section, please feel free to use it. :D

Usually when the new event section is up a general guest selection topic will pop up there too.

I didn't notice it. I haven't delved that deep into the Showmasters forums yet. :)

Had evry intention og going to this untill made the choice to go to a different con and that will defo eat up all my money for just about evry con I was even thinking about going to.

Think I will make November my last collecto:)

• 3 months later...

Hey

Can I just clarify the dates? It says on the forum and on the LF&CC page that it will be 15th - 17th July 2011, but on the Collectormania Events listing page it states 8th - 10th July 2011.

I booked late last year and ended up in a horrible hotel with stupid expensive flights so I want to book as early as possible this time.

Thanks alot

Summers