Guest Attitudes?

Everyone I met was lovely too... I think the person I chatted to the most was Virginia Hey, she said long hair rocks and the said I guess most men don't have long hair because of going to work. She asked me what I did and I told her, she was very surprised and asked me if I had to wear a suit to go to work and tie my hair back to which I replied nope, I could go dressed like I am now and she replied wow! you are so lucky! In response to me asking for a photo with her, she replied... of course you can darling! Got up and put her arms around me, such a lovely lady - so glad to have had the chance to meet her!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really lucky that none of the guests I spoke to were mean or owt haha all lovely....

Matt Lewis may have just jumped to top HP actor avec Tom Felton lol....

The being human cast were ever so sweet, and sean pertwee was omg :D amazing.

I have to say that all guests i'd met up to LFCC were polite, and generally nice people. However...I shall mention no names specifially, but the guest I was sitting with on Saturday morning just seemed not at all fussed about being there. I tried once or twice to have a conversation, to no avail. And when he wasn't signing, he sat with his back to me. I took it a little personally I must admit, until I saw another girl on Sunday morning with the same guest...looking thoroughly fed up because she was getting the same treatment. I guess not everyone can muster a little enthusiasm for these things huh?

However...I shall mention no names specifially, but the guest I was sitting with on Saturday morning just seemed not at all fussed about being there. I tried once or twice to have a conversation, to no avail. And when he wasn't signing, he sat with his back to me. I took it a little personally I must admit, until I saw another girl on Sunday morning with the same guest...looking thoroughly fed up because she was getting the same treatment. I guess not everyone can muster a little enthusiasm for these things huh?

Everyone gets a guest like that from time to time, well I have anyway (not this time though :P ). Chalk it up to experience and move on to a better one next time :P

I have to say that all guests i'd met up to LFCC were polite, and generally nice people. However...I shall mention no names specifially, but the guest I was sitting with on Saturday morning just seemed not at all fussed about being there. I tried once or twice to have a conversation, to no avail. And when he wasn't signing, he sat with his back to me. I took it a little personally I must admit, until I saw another girl on Sunday morning with the same guest...looking thoroughly fed up because she was getting the same treatment. I guess not everyone can muster a little enthusiasm for these things huh?

Hmmm I wonder who it could have been? :D

There was one guest I wanted to see so much and that was the voice artist Wendee Lee.

She was so wonderfully nice and really took her time with people. She also took lots of photos with people too. I'm surprised as for her one autograph and meeting her was completely free and I she would have been well within her rights to refuse but she was lovely. She did a great Q&A and you could tell she really respected her fans. You rule Wendee, me and my friends had a great time!

Everyone I met was lovely too... I think the person I chatted to the most was Virginia Hey, she said long hair rocks and the said I guess most men don't have long hair because of going to work. She asked me what I did and I told her, she was very surprised and asked me if I had to wear a suit to go to work and tie my hair back to which I replied nope, I could go dressed like I am now and she replied wow! you are so lucky! In response to me asking for a photo with her, she replied... of course you can darling! Got up and put her arms around me, such a lovely lady - so glad to have had the chance to meet her!

Ooh! I remember you, I was her guest assist. After you left, she said "that was lovely" (about your encounter) :P

Virginia was awesome! :P

As this was my first Con, I didn't really know what to expect,went with bro who goes all the time but for myself and Son Joe it was all new.

Was so pleased to see Brian Murphy there, Being massive George and Mildred fans that was a real bonus for us, wish I had of known he was going to be there then I would have prepared something sensible to say to him,but i was so in aw of him I just managed, "We love George and Mildred"and have a pic,he was very friendy.

I'd gone to see my hearthrob Sean Pertwee, He was so friendly wasn't sure if he would sign my arm but he was happy to and nervous incase he messed it up (tattoo turned out pretty good), he seemed to take time with people,hope he'll be there again.

I think everyone who's been to a convention has their fair share of positive/negative encounters. It's unrealistic to expect every guest to be a ray of sunshine.

Matthew Lewis was fantastic, as always. The same goes for Daniel Logan, who's always a ball of energy. I had a great conversation with Tom Morga about the various species' he's played on Star Trek. I knew going in that we wouldn't be able to really chat with William Shatner, but I managed to tell him that I enjoyed reading the book I'd brought along to get signed, and he thanked me.

At the end of the day, I really don't see the point in getting upset over one or two of the guests being a little off. I certainly don't think it devalues the autograph. It's nice when there is a story to tell with it, but that's just not going to happen with everyone you meet.

Matt Lewis was as lovely as ever - in fact we got hugs as we've met him a few times now.

Katee Sackoff and David Nykl equally great. David asked us our names before we even started to chat which I think is lovely.

The Ashes guys were lovely too

At the end of the day, I really don't see the point in getting upset over one or two of the guests being a little off. I certainly don't think it devalues the autograph. It's nice when there is a story to tell with it, but that's just not going to happen with everyone you meet.

Well I suppose that depends if what you're meeting them for is the actual autograph or purely the chance to meet them.

For me personally, I don't really care about autographs, but I got quite a few over the weekend simply so I could have the experience of meeting the guest (and luckily for me, all the people I met were great).

sean pertwee was lush and so good looking OMG :( he spent time talking to everyone!!!

the being human cast were all great and aidan drew a great sef portrait on my pic :D

matthew waterhouse was lovely and give me some of his sweeties

liz sladen was really nice and impressed with all the "companion" autographs on the tardis

matthew waterhouse was lovely and give me some of his sweeties

That reminded me of something from the weekend about Ken Colley, who I had met earlier in the day and was great fun.

I was queueing up to meet, Michael Culver (who as signing nearby) when a couple of showmasters crew came round to give crew their lunches. Ken asked to take a packet of crisps, which is fair enough as it was around lunchtime, he then started to tuck in because he didn't have a queue at the time, however, i did wonder if someone in the next few minutes would turn up and possibly end up with greasy crisp fingerprints on their autograph!

Nothing against Ken, as like i said earlier he was really friendly to meet, he probably just didn't realise what might happen if someone asked him to sign straight after eating crisps.

To be really honest if a guest has a bad attitude then maybe they should not do these events.

They are being paid to be there and i bet they go home with more money than they expected. If i had that kind of attitude when i worked i a shop i would have been out on my ear.

The Twi-guys have so many fans of the younger sort that showing disrespect for them is awful....Not talking about Tyson by the way..he was sweet.

I do understand the photo flash going off in your face all day long can be annoying but what is the harm of non flash photos....if i got an over the table shot i did not use the flash out of respect for the guest eyes. Yes the pics come out a bit yellow but what the hell at least i did not give them a headache and i got a photo....(actually i looked better a bit yellow ).

Doing these events is a job and they should treat it as one, and treat all they meet with the same respect they expect in return..

To be fair, in the guests defence

(and I do believe that needs to be done, we do not know what has happened previously to make a guest ask for no photos),

not every attendee is as thoughtful to switch off flash etc some can be fairly intrusive, and if you are really feeling poorly, how do you keep going at a busy show. If they still come along despite being poorly etc and are lively and smiley during talks and photoshoots, I would imagine that zaps a good amount of energy.

ps About the crisps I would imagine that he wiped his hands on a tissue first lol Need to keep energy going at the shows, so we certainly wouldnt begrudge them food lol :D

As this was my first Con, I didn't really know what to expect,went with bro who goes all the time but for myself and Son Joe it was all new.

Was so pleased to see Brian Murphy there, Being massive George and Mildred fans that was a real bonus for us, wish I had of known he was going to be there then I would have prepared something sensible to say to him,but i was so in aw of him I just managed, "We love George and Mildred"and have a pic,he was very friendy.

I'd gone to see my hearthrob Sean Pertwee, He was so friendly wasn't sure if he would sign my arm but he was happy to and nervous incase he messed it up (tattoo turned out pretty good), he seemed to take time with people,hope he'll be there again.

i'd love to see a photo. was going to do this myself but by the time i would have travelled back to Newcastle and gotten someone to tattoo me underage haha..

if you are really feeling poorly, how do you keep going at a busy show. If they still come along despite being poorly etc and are lively and smiley during talks and photoshoots, I would imagine that zaps a good amount of energy.

Not wishing to be mean or sound unsympathetic, which my comment probably will but many people have to go into work and pretend to be happy and interested when they don't feel well. I'm sure actors have bad days on set and have to do a scene which is happy. I work as a teacher. I can't have a bad day. The pupils can tell and will react accordingly. I often feel unwell at work due to a medical condition but I smile through it and pretend I am interested even when I want to curl up under my desk and lock the classroom door.

if you are really feeling poorly, how do you keep going at a busy show. If they still come along despite being poorly etc and are lively and smiley during talks and photoshoots, I would imagine that zaps a good amount of energy.

Not wishing to be mean or sound unsympathetic, which my comment probably will but many people have to go into work and pretend to be happy and interested when they don't feel well. I'm sure actors have bad days on set and have to do a scene which is happy. I work as a teacher. I can't have a bad day. The pupils can tell and will react accordingly. I often feel unwell at work due to a medical condition but I smile through it and pretend I am interested even when I want to curl up under my desk and lock the classroom door.

i see that you are a strong person being a teacher and i know that kids act accordingly because i just finished my last year in school (Yey) so i understand where you're coming from

i know that kids act accordingly because i just finished my last year in school (Yey) so i understand where you're coming from

Oh yes - they can smell fear and illness. And the things that affect their behaviour :pyth: - full moons, wind, sun, snow, holidays, long weekends, stuff happening in the local area!

i know that kids act accordingly because i just finished my last year in school (Yey) so i understand where you're coming from

Oh yes - they can smell fear and illness. And the things that affect their behaviour :pyth: - full moons, wind, sun, snow, holidays, long weekends, stuff happening in the local area!

can see where you are coming from, but you will have quite a different skill set as a teacher to an actor.

Just going round in circles now, I was just trying to show that we as attendees dont always know what has happened behind the scenes, or at their signing desk before we get there, or even in the preceeding weeks before the con.

If a guest is quite different from one con to the next, who are we to know what has happened in between, no saying that excuses rudeness, but it can also give people a preconceived idea of the experience they will get when they meet that guest. Especially if a friend says something like: "Oh my word, they were awesome".

If you then meet that guest and they are quiet, you will have built up to the event, thinking you will have the same experience as your friend, so when you dont, you would naturally be disappointed.

I remember going to see a band and walking away a little disappointed by their onstage chemistry, but the following day, the newspaper announced that they had split up, so it all made perfect sense.

Or a customer that didnt turn up for an appointment, or ring to cancel, but then when she rang a few weeks later, her dad had died the morning of her appointment.

Not the same, I appreciate, but I have learnt not to assume by someones appearance/behaviour. Just my opinion here, not neccessarily right or wrong

oh that was a little joke Rhi :D

i know that as a school kid we play upon the illness of teachers.

"since your ill and can't be bothered shouting cos you have no voice, can we jus' watch a dvd? :)"

sorta thing.

i think teachers are the worst off job wise but yes rhi, something tragic could have happened. but Ben Browder was extremely professional considering what i've heard family wise :D

Oh yes - they can smell fear and illness. And the things that affect their behaviour :D - full moons, wind, sun, snow, holidays, long weekends, stuff happening in the local area!

can see where you are coming from, but you will have quite a different skill set as a teacher to an actor.

actors by nature should be able to act? lol

i know its hard to tuurn it on all day everyday but when your being paid for doing something like this the way you treat your fans reflects yourself as an actor.

i know when i was at uni i took really bad and had to take a few days of in the run up to my final exam, i was called allsorts by my tutor because i showed bad face and lac of comitment, but at the end of the day i couldnt face being out in the general public at that time so i didnt do it.

Oh yes - they can smell fear and illness. And the things that affect their behaviour :YAHOO: - full moons, wind, sun, snow, holidays, long weekends, stuff happening in the local area!

And that's just on the days with a "y" in them! Primary or secondary school? Give me teenagers to deal with any day lol