The A-Team Movie

Brockie76

So cool to hear you both say that. I'm really anxious about it. I will see it but just feel uneasy that they made the cast look like the original members. Hannibal and BA was irreplacable in my eyes but it's always been the interplay between characters that made it for me.

Liam Neeson as Hannibal was as close as you were ever going to get it. He is so close to George Peppard's creation it is unbelievable at times to think it isn't George.

Bradley Cooper as Face is excellent casting. You will see why.

Quinton Rampage Jackson was born to be Bosco BA Baracas. I am sure Mr T will be happy with the guy taking his role.

Sharlto Copley is as mad as Dwight Schultz.

All in all, a great casting with a great movie. You have a more action orientated movie, but the inter play remains. Less "comedy" as the series, but this is a major motion picture some 23 years after the original finished. It is modern, yet still throws back to the 80's. And thank the good people who made the film, but things that could have been changed for product placement, have not. You will know within the first 5 or so minutes what I mean.

Enjoy.

at first i was outraged they were gonna do this movie even more so when i saw the cast, but after seeing the trailers and tv spots im really looking forward to it, looks good.

though i still think mel gibson is the perfect guy to be hanibal, though liam neesan looks the part, hows his accent in this?

also how are the cameos from the originals?

my biggest doubt is rampage as BA, still not sold on him yet, will have to see, its out soon over in here in the uk isnt it?

out in the UK on 30 July 2010

i used to watch the A team series every week when i was a kid - looking forwarded to watching the movie - despite the critics and the luke warm box office performance in the states

I really liked it, no way the movie could compete with the series as they had more time to flesh out characters but I really enjoyed it.

Murdoch was always my favourite and I think Sharlto Copley was the most spot on with his character, so that made the movie for me.

I am going to sound like a broken record here.

The Karate Kid - was always Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita. And in many peoples eyes not Jackie Chan and Jade Smith which is why I wont see the remake.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - was always Gene Wilder and Peter Ostrum even though I absolutely Love Tim Burtons vision and Johnny Depps style I havent seen the remake.

The A Team - was always George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Mr. T and Dwight Schultz.

But I've heard that Mr. T, Dirk and Dwight make cameos in this? Because of my admiration for Liam Neeson and that Ridley Scotts on board as one of many Producers I dont see how this could be anything other than amazing.

Oh... And one more thing!

"I aint gettin on a plane with that crazy fool Murdoch!"

"I Love it when a plan comes together."

"TRASHBAGS."

"GET SOME SNICKERS IN YOU."

I am going to sound like a broken record here.

The Karate Kid - was always Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita. And in many peoples eyes not Jackie Chan and Jade Smith which is why I wont see the remake.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - was always Gene Wilder and Peter Ostrum even though I absolutely Love Tim Burtons vision and Johnny Depps style I havent seen the remake.

The A Team - was always George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Mr. T and Dwight Schultz.

But I've heard that Mr. T, Dirk and Dwight make cameos in this? Because of my admiration for Liam Neeson and that Ridley Scotts on board as one of many Producers I dont see how this could be anything other than amazing.

Oh... And one more thing!

"I aint gettin on a plane with that crazy fool Murdoch!"

"I Love it when a plan comes together."

"TRASHBAGS."

"GET SOME SNICKERS IN YOU."

Three original cast member do show up. One is Dirk Benedict, one is Dwight Schultz and the other way is not Mr T...it is the van. Only the van plays it's original role!!! :D It is not the original make as it was apparently hard to source. So they modified another van, and some small differences are noticeable, but do not spoil it. Depending on where you read reports, Dirk Benedict allegedly "regrets his cameo" and Mr T turned down an offer of a cameo.

The film is excellent.

To see Dwight on screen with either A or Team in the title is a big bonus anyways and am not sure about the allegations with Dirk because I heard he wasnt happy with the remake of Battlestar Galactica.

Will go and buy my ticket the same way my driving instructor used to teach me... By keeping my eyes closed and hoping for the best :D

I still want the A-Team van...

We actually got the A-Team van yesterday. We were debating all day whether it would show up, I knew it would as how can you not have a A-Team premiere without the van zooming up the red carpet and not have Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson and Sharlto Copley get out?

IMG_9492.jpg

And yes, they're both very good signers :D

Did any body listen to the annoying Fearne Cotton on Radio 1 yesterday? She had Bradley Cooper and Liam Neeson on. I must admit as far as eye candy goes very nice (as they used the webcam). However between songs both looked totally bored out of their brains, bless them. At one point Bradley was texting or something on his phone. Although saying that Radio 1 did cut out the songs and just concentrated on the interview. however the interview conducted by Fearne Cotton was shoddy and embarrasing!

Sorry just needed to air my thoughts!

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW! POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW! POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW!

Thought the movie was pretty good. Neeson, Cooper, Jackson & Copley (in fact Murdock nearly steals every scene he's in) have great chemistry and are for me perfectly cast with decent support from Biel, Wilson & Bloom. Theres plenty of in jokes/homages to the series to please us fans of the original. I would have liked the original theme used much more as it's only rarely hinted at and the end set piece is a bit far fetched with some iffy CGI. It's not going to win any Oscars but it's damn good entertainment.

PS WATCH UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!

There were a few elements from the series I would have liked to have seen in the movie:

Hannibal in disguise.

Billy, Murdock's invisible dog.

BA claiming Hannibals "on the jazz".

Facemans Corvette.

Colonel Roderick Decker.

BA getting drugged with a burger or milk.

Edited by A007

very very minor spoilers

awesome fun, the action was good, it was funny, the cast were all good which was the biggest concern going in, really hope they do a sequel, enjoyed how they brought the team together and how they were skanked and framed, from the trailer i was like hold on why do sometimes they seem like strangers? there the a team, its all brought together in the pre credits sequence, very funny how they keep true to ba's fear of flying like the tv series and how its explained, love how murdocks cooking can calm him down lol, only minor gripes, you can see who the badies are a mile off, the classic van looked smaller and different and for almost the entire movie it seems whenever someone is about to swear something happens to block the swear word out, wtf was that about? but yep really liked it, very enjoyable, absolutely loved the flying tank scene, so outrageous and funny, and exactly what the A team are all about "they are the best and they specialize in the ridicules"

"its a little stuffy, im gonna pop a window"

oh and how awesome was murdocks loop de loop at the start!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by timelord81r

The film serves as the start of a franchise, especially if the money is good. As of yesterday the reported worldwide takings are in the region of $140,000,000. Not sure what the budget was, but only Liam Neeson can command a high pay off with no disrespect to Bradley Cooper or the others.

As regards the film itself and comparisons with the original series, the original series begins with the team already together.

As regards the film (spoilers ahead in white):

It starts where only Face and Hannibal know each other. BA and Murdock join up later on in the time line. The film includes the actual "crime that they didn't commit", as well as their initial journey to clear their names.

The end scene before the credits comes out with the "soldiers of fortune" speech and thus opens the way to sequels. So, having stuff from the series would be wrong at this time. I am sure that all the things listed by A007 will no doubt find their way into the second film if and when it is made.

Here endeth the spoilers....

Reading all these spoilers, seeing the clips on t.v. and the endless v.t. they showed on the big display on Tuesday etc makes me even more anti the film.

Yes, I admire Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and Sharlto Copley as well as Ridley Scott but how can a film no matter how big it is or how much dosh it takes in or c.g.i. etc be ever as good as the original?

Maybe I'll give it a try but I feel like I would be cheating on the ORIGINAL A-Team :unsure:

Reading all these spoilers, seeing the clips on t.v. and the endless v.t. they showed on the big display on Tuesday etc makes me even more anti the film.

Yes, I admire Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and Sharlto Copley as well as Ridley Scott but how can a film no matter how big it is or how much dosh it takes in or c.g.i. etc be ever as good as the original?

Maybe I'll give it a try but I feel like I would be cheating on the ORIGINAL A-Team :angry:

i think its different when its movies based on old tv shows, like i said at first I was outraged, they cant do that i screamed, but ive seen it now and i loved it, its tone is very similar to the tv series just a little more real but the team do things with the least blood shed which is a nice nod to the series. i think its a very nice companion piece to the series. you can see the old team in the new actors.

for the sequel, Id like more use of the original music, face pulling more scams, BA being more tough, hanibal having a cover as a prosthetics actor lol, murdock talking to imaginary friends and annoying ba with it lol.

Maybe I'll give it a try but I feel like I would be cheating on the ORIGINAL A-Team :angry:

i think its different when its movies based on old tv shows, like i said at first I was outraged, they cant do that i screamed, but ive seen it now and i loved it, its tone is very similar to the tv series just a little more real but the team do things with the least blood shed which is a nice nod to the series. i think its a very nice companion piece to the series. you can see the old team in the new actors.

for the sequel, Id like more use of the original music, face pulling more scams, BA being more tough, hanibal having a cover as a prosthetics actor lol, murdock talking to imaginary friends and annoying ba with it lol.

The A-Team 2: Return of the Aquamaniac :WAVE:

Edited by A007

• 5 months later...