Costumes

puffnbear

• Moderators

I'm so glad I didn't have to do any sewing for this particular con... (did loads for Hub4) Just lots of fiddling with photoshop, and hundreds of printouts to get the size right, and the fun of cutting out letters to iron onto my T-shirt. (No one look too closely at the 'A's please!)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some advice on a fake blood problem. Wanted to put some sort of blood spatter on my face but I dont want to use my fake blood since it has stained my hands and I dont want a blood splattered face the next day. I suppose I could just use red make up, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

finished sewing my patch on. managed to stab all my fingers and break two needles :-) my housemate got a little worried after hearing me owwwwwing constantly until it was done.

That's really quite impressive. I must make a point of inspecting your handiwork on Saturday. :wub:

Very cheeky! :smile:

please do come and admire. thankfully my fingers are fine now

Tell you what, I'll be complimentary about your overalls, if you say nice things about my gloves lol. :(

We have a deal there then. From what i've heard they sound fantastic already B)

Currently sewing patches on my overalls trying with sewing machine and if that doesn't work/I can't it then by hand

I tried by machine and it was too darn difficult, with the patch being on a knee. Instead i had to do by hand which was fun. If you havent finished, bring them to the meet up on friday and i offer my stitching services, although i'd advise you bring several needles and plasters :smile:

Got them on :poki: Thanks for offering to help! I didn't read this until after I'd finished lol. Now I need to finish Friday's outfit.

I need some advice on a fake blood problem. Wanted to put some sort of blood spatter on my face but I dont want to use my fake blood since it has stained my hands and I dont want a blood splattered face the next day. I suppose I could just use red make up, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Do a test run using some vaseline underneath the blood, works for my hair dye on me ears :D

Edited by jadangel2001

Do a test run using some vaseline underneath the blood, works for my hair dye on me ears :P

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tomorrow. Coincidentally I'm dyeing my hair tomorrow also so I might give it ago when I do that. Nothing worse than red ears :D

Snazzaroo do a product called Cake Blood. It comes as a solid but it's water soluable, so if you mix it with a little water you can do a blood spatter by flicking with a paint brush. It comes off easily with soap and water or a cleanser.

http://www.snazaroo.com/products/special-f...-materials/283/

Snazaroo do next day delivery but charge a fortune for it. Fancy dress shops at this time of year should sell it. I've also seen it in craft shops.

I can't remember if I replied to this or not, but my friend and I are going as the Hands of Blue. Rather uninspired (we were going to add a reaver element but that didn't work out so well),and without Death Stick. Still it's the thought, right?

Always!

If we can tell who you are supposed to be then that's a bonus :P