william shatner

indio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to properly meet Mr Shatner, but on the Sunday, when me and my cousin were eating lunch (we didn't knwo we were standing by the private celebrity area), Mr Shatner walked past and say "hey guys" to both of us. Joel got it straight away but it didn't register with me until I saw his face right at the last possible second.

Needless to say, we geeked out, lol.

Just wish I had my camera on at the time. David Nykl also walked by a nodded. Luckily, I already had his autograph, a picture and Joel (my cousin) had shook his hand before this time :D

I thought the fav colour question being the first was a good little ice-breaker, he laughed about it and it seemed to set a nice, relaxed and enjoyable tone to the talk :D

Great guest, great talk!

what was his awnser to his favourite color?

He said it'd be red.

mines red too. still over the moon about my meeting with him. :D

I just thought I'd post my thoughts...

I was REALLY worried about meeting him as me and my family have all been huge star trek fans for years and years and seeing some of the reports of him being a little short, you do always worry when it's someone that youve idolised for years and it could all be shattered in a couple of minutes...

BUT i have to say he was absolutely lovely, he said hello, actually ASKED ME where HE would like me to sign my boxset (which nearly floored me - theres little ol ME telling the Shatner where to sign!!) and then as he handed it back to me smiled the biggest smile and said, make sure you let it dry! and said thank you to me.....I was just over the moon to be honest as I never thought I would get that much interaction, a 'hello' and a 'thank you' would have been enough for me from someone like him, so I have to say I was totally over the moon!

• Moderators

I just thought I'd post my thoughts...

I was REALLY worried about meeting him as me and my family have all been huge star trek fans for years and years and seeing some of the reports of him being a little short, you do always worry when it's someone that youve idolised for years and it could all be shattered in a couple of minutes...

BUT i have to say he was absolutely lovely, he said hello, actually ASKED ME where HE would like me to sign my boxset (which nearly floored me - theres little ol ME telling the Shatner where to sign!!) and then as he handed it back to me smiled the biggest smile and said, make sure you let it dry! and said thank you to me.....I was just over the moon to be honest as I never thought I would get that much interaction, a 'hello' and a 'thank you' would have been enough for me from someone like him, so I have to say I was totally over the moon!

Really glad that it went so well :D

I was talking to a friend about this and we felt like Shatner had the attitude that he was above this con and honestly he WAS. You look at the stars that LFCC - especially the American stars, it's past their prime guys. William Shatner is still a major star around the globe and LFCC were really lucky to get him and we were to meet him (especially me, as I didn't pay anything >_>)

• 5 weeks later...

I got roped in to help with security for the talk on Sunday.. I coujldn't hear much of what was said as I was outside of the talk area . All i could hear was the attendees laughing and having a great time. I did however hear Bill say"As some of you may already know, I don'(or can't))really sing!!" Everyone roared with laughter .. including me. Mr Shatner has certainly devolped a rather charming self-depreciating sense humour:)