william shatner

indio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He couldn't have been nicer to me! Looked at me, smiled, thanked me in return when I thanked him for coming and sounded very genuine. did the knuckle knock...I'm so happy. Will be on cloud nine for a while!

Edited by Siren

Wasn't impressed myself, I said hi and asked how he was and was ignored, he did say thanks a few seconds later but that was it. I wasn't expecting much though, but someone two places before me in the queue got a decent little chat with him :crying:

He was really deaf I think. He could barely hear anyone in the talk and when I spoke to him he didn't seem like he'd heard me properly so just smiled. Like half my family is deaf so I know the signs of hiding it lol.

Hmm, if that's true I'll let him off then :P But he's far from my favourite guest, one of the worst actually (especially considering the price), although that's not entirely his fault.

Wasn't impressed myself, I said hi and asked how he was and was ignored, he did say thanks a few seconds later but that was it. I wasn't expecting much though, but someone two places before me in the queue got a decent little chat with him :smile:
I went up for autographs three times (don't ask :P ) and twice I got extended chats beyond the normal hello, thank you, etc. He seemed quite chatty to a few people, and a lot of similing so I think/hope he enjoyed the event.

I'd prefer them at Warp 10, it'll be less busy and they should be more talkative, but it's less likely to get them than other guests :P

I want to see him at Warp 10! and Leonard :smile:

NOOOOOO!

CML! PLEASE

I thought the Shatner was on great form, smiled at me in the photo shoot, loved the talk, though why do ppl still ask questions like what is your fav colour? man :P

i loved hearing about his future and current work, and i thought how he signed off his talk was very nice,

Yeah and after that everyone asked great, varied questions. We got trek, boston legal, twilight zone, albums, new shows, personal life. Everything!

What did he say about the Twilight Zone and Boston Legal? I'm really disappointed I couldn't make the talk, it sounds awesome. Glad everyone who went enjoyed it!

Twilight Zone he talked about how a tiny budget and bad effects hasnt hindered the memory and fame of the show and his 20,000ft episode.

Boston Legal ws how he got the job and how he didnt want another series lead but it worked out ok in the end and he loved it.

Twilight Zone he talked about how a tiny budget and bad effects hasnt hindered the memory and fame of the show and his 20,000ft episode.

Boston Legal ws how he got the job and how he didnt want another series lead but it worked out ok in the end and he loved it.

Thanks, Beatrix!

I waited till Sunday to see him for autographs when I knew things would be quieter. I didn't have the nerve to say anything to him beyond, "Hi!" in the photshoot and "Thank you," when I got my autos, but he made eye contact and said, "Thank you," to me when handing back my autos. One was on a Kirk photo, natch, but I also picked a Denny Crane one and was sure he reacted slightly when he saw it in a gosh-a-change-from-Kirk-stuff kind of way but maybe that was just me. :thumbup: The guy after me managed to exchange a few sentences with him, so he was definitely open to conversation.

The talk was very interesting (to use one of his favourite words). Lots of different topics, as stated elsewhere in this thread, which was refreshing. He has a rep for having an ego, and he definitely showed a sense of self-worth, but he was surprisingly humble too and said both at the beginning and end of the talk that he hoped he wouldn't be or hadn't been a disappointment, as if he were feeling very conscious of the fact that it was a paid talk.

He talked a lot about upcoming projects and came out with detailed answers to all questions. I loved the bit where someone asked him to do a "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and he laughed and said, "Oh, no - can't I do a 'Denny Crane'?", after which he did the softest, gentlest, "Khaaaaaaaaan... where are you, Khaaan?" Heeee.

All in all, well worth the money I paid, methinks. It was a pleasure to see him.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I waited till Sunday to see him for autographs when I knew things would be quieter. I didn't have the nerve to say anything to him beyond, "Hi!" in the photshoot and "Thank you," when I got my autos, but he made eye contact and said, "Thank you," to me when handing back my autos. One was on a Kirk photo, natch, but I also picked a Denny Crane one and was sure he reacted slightly when he saw it in a gosh-a-change-from-Kirk-stuff kind of way but maybe that was just me. ;) The guy after me managed to exchange a few sentences with him, so he was definitely open to conversation.

The talk was very interesting (to use one of his favourite words). Lots of different topics, as stated elsewhere in this thread, which was refreshing. He has a rep for having an ego, and he definitely showed a sense of self-worth, but he was surprisingly humble too and made references both at the beginning and end of the talk that he hoped he wouldn't be or hadn't been a disappointment, as if he were feeling very conscious of the fact that it was a paid talk.

He talked a lot about upcoming projects and came out with detailed answers to all questions. I loved the bit where someone asked him to do a "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and he laughed and said, "Oh, no - can't I do a 'Denny Crane'?", after which he did the softest, gentlest, "Khaaaaaaaaan... where are you, Khaaan?" Heeee.

All in all, well worth the money I paid, methinks. It was a pleasure to see him.

Aw, he seems really lovely! It does seem like he has mellowed out a lot over the last couple of years. It would be really nice to have him back again, though given his age maybe not likely. Guess we'll see.

Like I have been saying in all other Shatner related threads that have popped up, he was absolutely lovely to me - looked up and smiled to acknowledge me during the autograph, said thank you when I thanked him for having come to his European fans, reacted very nicely to my question(s) during the talk (where he even complimented my main question as 'insightful') and then the photoshoot on Sunday *gushes* My photo has my arm around his shoulders (as I asked and got permission from him to do) and his arm around mine ('cause I had stepped out of the way to keep the queue moving too quickly and the photographer ordered me back when my photo apparently looked bad the first time around - and William Shatner held open his arm and 'invited' me back to his side ;)) - I thought he was very lovely, not arrogant at all, and if he seems to have sidestepped some questions, yes, I think it was a hearing problem rather than a willful thing. I work with hard-of-hearing people and saw a lot of signs for this in him. Also, you guys might not acknowledge it, but for someone who's used to American English, the British accent can be hard to decipher when someone speaks quickly or quietly or both :)

Pleasure as always to meet Bill Shatner. Charming and friendly guy and what a pro ! - from auto session to the talk and then into the photosession !! A great experience and all thanks to Showmasters Team.....but what happened with the seating in BS's talk folks - bit of a shambles there ! But all in all great time and a day we'll remember fondly !!

I thought Shatner seemed really nice. He said hi to me when I got his auto, and I thought his talk was excellent. I really enjoyed listening to his work with the Captains and the problems he had with the rock monsters.

I was liked him more at the photoshoot. He said hi and rhetorically asked how I was. He didn't smile in my photo though :thumbup: At the autograph signing he seemed a bit vague but someone, either here or on another thread said they reckon he couldn't hear very well. If that's the case, then it's understandable (though maybe he should get a hearing aid).

I don't know whether my disappointment is because all the other guests that I met outshone him, or whether I had too high expectations.