Guest experiences

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Edi wasn't in the best of moods...although I'm not surprised the 2 Twilight guests weren't as popular, haven't a large whack of twicongoers already had their auto/photo at eternal twilight?

Aye, I met them both at ET2 so didn't meet them this time, well technically I did lol but I didn't get anything signed etc...

I'm a wee bit surprised though because alex, peter, and justin as far as I'm aware were real popular at LFCC and I know so many people that were bummed when Bewley cancelled CM:MK....

I went to get Edi's autograph for my sister who was not able to make the event on the sunday and the guy who I paid and got the photo from wrote her name on the back of the ticket in clear, bold letters, I went over to Edi who had not had a customer for a good five minutes or more (I was stood near the signing area on my phone so saw that this was the case) and he had his back turned reading something. The assistant gave him a nudge and he grunted and turned around and went into signing mode without even looking up, first of all he spelt my sister's name completely wrong and I had to go and get another photo - no problem with that as I wasn't in a rush or anything and as he was signing for the second attempt the assistant double checked the spelling and said that it was correct. As he was handing it back to me I explained that the autograph was for my sister who was a huge fan and although I appreciated there was no posed photos I decided to ask if he would mind whether I took a photo of him holding the autograph for her as it would make it that much more special, before he could talk the assistant practically shouted a NO! and I was left with no uncertainty that this was my time to leave despite the (lack of) queue behind me.

Now I can fully appreciate that actors and actresses get cameras shoved in their face all the time and they must get annoyed at times - even at these events you get people standing a few yards back and taking pictures of guests whilst signing so I thought it would only be polite in this case to ask for permission from the guest himself due to the autograph not being for myself but he wasn't even given chance to speak.

Finally to make the whole experience a complete shambles I looked at the autograph whilst walking away only to discover that he had spelt my sister's name wrong AGAIN!! - and this time it had been double checked by the assistant too, I mean I know the bloke has quite an exotic name himself but really, is Nicola a rare name?!! Is there any reason that it should have first been spelt Ncol and then on the second attempt (which I ended up with) Nicoli?

I suppose I should have gone back for a third attempt but to be honest the underwhelming attitude of both guest and assistant just made me think otherwise. Just glad I wasn't the one who was a big fan and hoping for nice memory of the meeting - I had to be diplomatic with my sister as well when I handed over the autograph that she had spent good money on only to discover it wasn't even made out correctly to her - from now on whenever she is watching the films I will be cheering a bit louder when his character meets his grisly end!

That's absolutely awful! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with a guest...I don't think I've heard of many that have been worse than that.

One has to wonder why Edi bothered agreeing to go if he's that agitated by cameras. It's a con. Of course there are going to be people taking photos everywhere...if he's that annoyed by the possibilitiy of getting snapped, maybe the convention enviroment isn't for him.

Even William Shatner was allowing people to take candid photos in line as long as they weren't setting off flashes right in his face, and he was no doubt the busiest guest during the weekend. If someone of his standing can be so gracious, it's a pity that others can't follow a similar example.

How badly was your name spelt wrong Becki? You should hae gone and demanded your money back, becaues that is really terrible.

There was only one letter wrong so not worth the hassel really. was just a bit miffed that is was in front of him in capitals. If he paid attention he wouldnt have got it wrong. I mean accidents happen. If he was a friendly person, it wouldn't have bothered me at all

He did say hello to me at he phtoshoot though which was something. Though I didn't actually want the pic in the end lol

I just feel that these ppl agree to do this as a job. They are getting paid to do hardly anything. Doesn't hurt to hide that you may be bored. It's a job. You get paid to do it well!!

Russell Tovey was brilliant, practically jumped to shake my hand when I reached the front of his que, chatted pleasantly for a while despite there being quite a que behind me, and said to say hi to my sister who I was getting his autograph for.

Matthew Waterhouse was brilliant, only too happy to chat about his DW days and what he's been doing since.

The Vampire Girls were great, chatted to my little sister for a while and really made her day.

All round a great weekend.

Went up on Saturday with my daughter...she wanted to meet the Twi guests. As we were waiting to buy the auto tickets a friend i met there warned me that the Twi guys were quite shy so maybe we were ready for the experience.

Tyson was sweet and smiled and had a table shot with daughter even though we said we were going to have a pro photo done later...(as it was it got sold out before we got there so she was so pleased with the table shot ).

Edi was very quiet but at least he took his sunglasses off. My daughter was a little dissapointed with him but then she is shy herself.

Next was Leonora and Russell...both stars, very friendly and Russell was happy to do table shots with everybody it seemed.

Met Katie next.....what a beautiful lady, she loved the fact that my daughter had watched the 24 series with her in it and signed the photo to both of us and even though it said no posed photos she got up from her seat and posed with me for my daughter. I think she now has a girly crush on Katie as she was so sweet and kind.

Next was my photo shoot with Adian...and thanks to my daughter...again...( really owe her ) i had a slightly longer than usual hug with Adian as there was some confusion as to wether she was in the shoot or not. I must add that Adian has a 1000 watt killer smile that he shone on everyone as they went for there shoot, and turned it on again as i left the photo area....( thanks also to Malcom for helping with the mix up...and i might add it was one of the best pro photos i have had done so ...Malc..i owe you a drink at Bitten ).

Lastly i got my auto from Adian...again the killer smile...he apologised to my daughter that he could not do posed photos but let her take one of him...and his smile across the table. He then shook both our hands and said bye....I think my daughter is a fan now even though she has never seem him in anything.

Had a good old chin wag with Robert Rankin..Fab bloke and i loved his steampunk jewellery.

I must also mention the gorg blue haired Chibi lady....she so inspired my daughter who now treasures the drawing she did of her.( She also called me a very cool mum ).

Over all a great day...i only curse that i found out after the event that i had more money in the bank than i thought...Would have gone for Shatner and Bowder as well if i had known. Even though i did not meet him i think Mr Bowder deserves all our upmost respect that he came to London during such a differcult time. Hugh kudos to the man.

Even though i did not meet him i think Mr Bowder deserves all our upmost respect that he came to London during such a differcult time. Hugh kudos to the man.

This. In spades.

If a person can lose a close family member and still fulfil a working engagement to meet his fans in another country, then that...ladies and gentlemen...is a true professional.

And not some flash-in-the-pan, nobody upstart who has the hump for most of the day, turns his back whilst not actuallly signing and then - when finally prompted - cannot even be bothered to copy down a personalising name properly.

Some people cleary have no respect for the fans, whilst others - it seems - have an endless supply! Hats off to Ben B.

Edited by SlippDigby

julian glover was and is a complete gentleman,he signed two photos for me and i have got two great photos of him,one from his photo shoot and one from where he was signing,and if i saw him through out the day he always greeted me with"hello,big man" as he commented on my height when i first meet him.

thank you julian,if only all stars were like this. :(

How badly was your name spelt wrong Becki? You should hae gone and demanded your money back, becaues that is really terrible.

There was only one letter wrong so not worth the hassel really. was just a bit miffed that is was in front of him in capitals. If he paid attention he wouldnt have got it wrong. I mean accidents happen. If he was a friendly person, it wouldn't have bothered me at all

He did say hello to me at he phtoshoot though which was something. Though I didn't actually want the pic in the end lol

I just feel that these ppl agree to do this as a job. They are getting paid to do hardly anything. Doesn't hurt to hide that you may be bored. It's a job. You get paid to do it well!!

Aye I know what you mean :/, I normally smile at the memories my photos bring me but that one..nuh! It's still making me angry how rude that man was lol! If you don't want to do it..cancel. Woulda been a hell of a lot better imo. Would rather have not met him then met him like that.

Tyson was sweet and smiled and had a table shot with daughter even though we said we were going to have a pro photo done later...(as it was it got sold out before we got there so she was so pleased with the table shot ).

When I met Tyson, therw was no sign about not taking pictures etc... so I asked if I could get a picture with me "no, there is photshoot"

Lucly you to have a photo with him. No consistency

photoshoots didn't prevent Matthew Lewis or Daniel Logan to pose with fans.

Edi didn't even bother looking at me and yet asked me to move over and I thought maybe I'd done something wrong and I was like "oh sorry" then I realised he was looking past me and just wanted me to shield someone takin his pic. Was not impressed! so as he was more concerned with that he spelt my name wrong on my poster :D

Oh " glad" to read this. He did ask me to move when I standing in front of me (trying to talk to him while he was signing) and I didn't understand why/what was wonrg. Now I got.

He didn't even say hi back to me... and copletely ignored me when I approached him at the beginning

Even though i did not meet him i think Mr Bowder deserves all our upmost respect that he came to London during such a differcult time. Hugh kudos to the man.

This. In spades.

If a person can lose a close family member and still fulfil a working engagement to meet his fans in another country, then that...ladies and gentlemen...is a true professional.

Absolutely 100% agreed! Words cannot describe just how in awe of this man I am right now. And not in a fangirly "oh I really fancy him" kinda way. I mean as a genuine individual who, as you said, still agreed to do his work and leave his personal life at home... I gave him such a hug! True true gentleman.

I think the reason I was disappointed with Edi - and to some extent Tyson - was because they were utterly brilliant at ET2. I wasn't even into Twilight at the time (I was going with my sister) so Edi chatted to me for ages about House and their talks were pure gold - I mean, it was such a good con it turned me into someone-who-does-not-100%-hate-Twilight-at-all-costs. And now I wanted to actually get their autographs instead of giving them to friends like I did at ET2 and they were, well, I think it's been covered. We were dressed up, smiley, figured they wouldn't mind chatting for thirty seconds but the second Edi's pen left the canvas it seemed pretty clear we should be on our way.

Still, I didn't get pics with 'em and they were more my sister's guests. Mine were amazing - Lis Sladen was so gracious and lovely and sweet, it was such a dream meeting her and she didn't disappoint. And Matt Lewis was amazing too, so friendly and nice! Just wish I had a bit more cash to meet Russell Tovey and a couple of others.

Edited by Spectrum

I sort of regretbeing at the front of Russel Toveys line cause after 50 minute wait was told I couldnt get a picture with him cause it was so bussy and thats fair enough but my friend who got hers 5 minutes later could get picture.

I geuss they just take a look at the line and think they need to rush but after a couple of minutes they start to slow down and take time to talk to you.

Virgina Hey is the most amazing woman I could talk to her all day, the guy sitting with her just looked like he had been having a blast.

She started trying to copy other people autographs from a Jame Bond book and drew heats all over my autograph.

Love her:)

I met Dante Basco and Wendee Lee, and I'm happy to say that both were lovely :)

Wendee Lee was pleasant to talk to and was very friendly and sweet, complimenting our costumes and greeting us with a genuine smile :)

Dante Basco was adorable :D <3 My friend and I cosplayed as a casual Mario and Luigi, and as we approached him he said, "Hey Mario! Luigi! I love your moustaches!" which pretty much made our day complete xD He signed our DVD covers and was very friendly and all smiles, before coming round the table to take a picture with us :angry:

Their panel was also very enjoyable :WINCE: Both were enthusiastic with their answers and were entertaining as well ^-^

I wish I'd had the money to have met Matthew Lewis though, as he seemed a really nice bloke from what I saw there, but ah well :)

Edited by Hanabi

by the looks of things, these edi comments could make for reasons why not to invite him back. gladly he did speak but only whilst holding my auto

me: hey Edi, i loved your character in House

Edi: Ah, a house signature.

me: can you personalise it for me? my name is on my crew badge *flashes badge*

Edi: nice name. *copies name and signs photo*

me: thanks, enjoy your day.

Edi: bye.

i guess my experience was better than other peoples by the sounds but when someone has an open queue and no one in line, surely they could mention something, even if it was just 'i enjoyed my role in *---* and working with *---*

I shall refrain from my opinion about Edi Gathegi... though in the talk he was funny!

Tyson Houseman was adorable!! Loved him. Nice chap!! would gladly see him at an ET event in the future!

I only went for the twilight dudes :) and it was my first LFCC... enjoyed the day as a whole though.... was a giggle and really interesting to see and meet lots of people. I would go again for sure!

Edi wasn't what I was expecting at all!!What was with the no photo thing and facing away from the table when he didn't have que so people couldn't take sneaky pics??? But saying that I had my five year old son with me and he was great with him giving him five and everything so not a bad experience just wasn't what i was expecting.

In the talk he stepped it up!! Tyson was lovely

I'm glad he was nice with your son :)

Edi didn't even bother looking at me and yet asked me to move over and I thought maybe I'd done something wrong and I was like "oh sorry" then I realised he was looking past me and just wanted me to shield someone takin his pic. Was not impressed! so as he was more concerned with that he spelt my name wrong on my poster :D

Omg he was really strange about the photo thing I mean I can understand if its in your contract NO PHOTOS and whatever but going to the extent of facing the wall , getting people to shield you and sunglasses on at every opportunity is not a good way to go. When we went up after I was putting all my junk back in my bag.... at the table Lol (no que) someone on the tyson desk tried to take a picture and he proper shouted no pictures and held his hand up to his face like he was in hollywood !!! It did seem he wasn't focused on the people just not being shoot!!!Maybe he's just bitter he's not in it anymore Lol

I guess I was lucky I was allowed to take a pic of tyson signing!!!

Sean Pertwee was so cool, a lovely down to earth man who was happy to chat

Aidan Turner as well as signing my pic did a self portrait on his pic lol

Russel Tovey lovely guy

Matthew Waterhouse chatted and give me one of his sweeties bless!

liz sladen lovely lady

leonora crichlow really friendly very geninue person

On the whole a very pleasurable experience not one guest was not giving off any vibes along the lines of "god get me out of here" Met Kristanna Loken again :wub: still gracious and lovely as ever.

Liz Sladen, quick hi ,auto and away to go but she did sign a nice SJA pic using MY red sharpie (thanks Liz).

Lenora well what can i say?:WINCE: even though she spelt my name wrong but i wont let that trivial thing spoil it.

Sean Pertwee came over as all Cockney Geezer but an absolute gent and a great guy to boot and hope to meet him again sometime.

Matthew Waterhouse was cool commented on the photo i had brought with me.

Micheal Culver again a total gent loved my Chronicles book and was impressed by the fact that he was the 63rd person to sign it.

Sean Young bit quiet but lovely and i was suprised when i found she did write the quote i wanted on my pic.

Tom Noonan nice guy he was my first on Saturday.

Bob Anderson a man of few words but i understand this as he didnt look too well.

Andrew Clover :huh:

Aiden Turner a bit of a quick meeting in sign and out but hey at least i got him

Met a few others as well so all in all a very good weekend roll on the next one :D:dance::clap::WAVE:

And to be anal about things, am going to give my experiences in chronological order.

Brian Murphy: I did a double take when I saw him, he was a really nice approachable guy we spoke in length about the beeb, television etc and had no problems posing for a photo.

Elizabeth Croft : Delicious girl, very kind and soft spoken and was one of my favourite Autographs of the day, also one of my favourite photos with her.

And then... We come to Kristanna *Heartbeats rapidly*

Kristanna Loken : Well here comes my expose, people turn up to conventions wanting to meet stars of stage/screen/comics etc and they have no idea what to expect. Is so and so as nice as they seem on screen or are they completely the opposite and a real let down - yes I will be coming to Tyson and Edi at the end of this - with Kristanna it was what a guest meet SHOULD be like.

There was no one behind me and when we first met I was thinking "This is Kristanna Loken!" she IMMEDIATELY broke the ice by complimenting me on my attire and we had quite a good chat, totally Loved my Autograph and that she was okay with doing table shots. Afterwards when I left the table I giggled the same way I did after Linda Hamilton kissed me at Collector.

Mark Bryan Wilson : Another fantastic guest who was friendly, approachable and very enthusiastic with his work. I spent quite some time chatting to him about his work on Ghostbusters and chose to ask the question I asked him at the table in the horror talk on the Sunday. What this shows is that those who work behind the scenes and lets face it this guy IS Slimer often go unnoticed and dont deserve the level of recognition they should have.

William Shatner : I was with a friend who was getting Shatners autograph I found William friendly and talkative.

Jeremy Bulloch : VERY down to earth and complimentary will be nice to see him back (on stage during his talk with Daniel Logan their repartee was fantastic)

Ken Colley : A very approachable true English gent. Nice to speak to.

Sean Young: WOW!

William B. Davis A very interesting and informative man.

On the second day I had friends with me who went to get Matthew Lewis a very nice decent chap and is one of those rarities in the guest World in that they actually like to chat. Tyson Houseman and Edi Gathegi I more or less clocked during their Twilight talk on Saturday.

From what I could tell and please Too Tall or any other Moderator feel free to edit this in case I have it totally wrong I felt that during their talk Tyson and Edi just seemed to be like, "Hey, we were in Twilight. Love us - and we'll sit here in a very nonchalant way." I hoped that this wasnt the case but I spoke to a friend later on when queuing for the Kristanna talk and he said how they both were when people wanted a photo.

With my friends on the Sunday we went to Tyson and Edis table and well, especially with what I have heard from others with their experiences well at least I was expecting to hear it.

That said, the Guests I did meet, Kristanna, Elizabeth, Mark, Sean etc etc made my first film and comic a truly memorable one.

Already stuck this in guest attitudes as not great deal difference to me.

Sean Pertwee was great with me- said i liked his style as everyone else was drinking tea/coffee/juice/water he's there with a pint!! Also how he's looking more and more like his old man to which he mentioned his chin isnt quite as good as Jon's and he wouldn't mind changing it Then asked him if he was trying outdo Willem Dafoe in how many times his film character gets bumped off to which he replied that he was getting killed on tuesday Finally a posed photo with him. Top guest by a mile.

Nick Courtney was good and had chat bout his eyepatch from Inferno being a fashion disaster (according to bbcs official dr who page online) and just how brilliant Inferno actually is.

Kristina Loken was lovely and asked here if there were any future plans work with Uwe Boll again

Liz Sladen was in a rush but still polite and greatful enough to acknowledge my waiting in the queue and returned by thanks fro coming

William Davies quick and poilte and acknowledged the thanks for coming

Sean Young- how are you?

Ney bad thanks luv. Urself?

SY- am good thanks just have lunch which was lovely

Gdgd, thanks for coming

SY- thank you Tom take care

Andy Robinson- photo i took from desk was one he didnt get sign much apparently and got talking bout how odten did he watch himself in Dirty Harry which he replied tht he'd just seen it fairly recently on a big screen at the cinema as it looks even better than on tv to which i said bit like the final shootout in good,bad and the ugly losing some its suspense when its on tv.

Shatner- meh

Shatners entrouge- shoot them!!!

I'm very pleased to say that all the guests I met were terrific.

Lenora Crichlow was just wonerful, a smile to brighten any day and gave me a big "high five" which I certainly didn't expect.

Russell Tovey was very friendly, quick with a handshake and a smile and more than happy to pose for a photo - top guest.

Simon Dutton and Julian Glover were both absolute gentlemen and the "Vampire Girls" were delightful (especially Gabriella).

Paul Kasey chatted for ages about the various roles he's played in Doctor Who and his enthusiasm for the show really shone through.

Sean Pertwee was great, very down to earth and came across as a top bloke.

On Sunday Lis Sladen and Sean Young (who seemed very taken with my 5 monthold son) were both very classy and Nia Roberts was great to talk to in only her first con.

The memory of the day though was meeting Kristanna Loken - was in two minds but decided to go for it. Am so glad I did, she was so friendly and a smile to die for.

All in all a grand weekend!

I met Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and Matt Lewis. They were all lovely. Dave Prowse smiled at me and my friend as well when we were queuing for Kenny. We'd met Dave a little while ago at a small con.

I was so excited to meet Matt Lewis. I had a photoshoot with him (while dressed as Bellatrix, which I thought was slightly amusing) and then also went to get his autograph. He was so lovely. We talked a little bit, I told him how much I love the films and stuff. I just wish I'd been more chatty instead of going all shy.

I met Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and Matt Lewis. They were all lovely. Dave Prowse smiled at me and my friend as well when we were queuing for Kenny. We'd met Dave a little while ago at a small con.

I was so excited to meet Matt Lewis. I had a photoshoot with him (while dressed as Bellatrix, which I thought was slightly amusing) and then also went to get his autograph. He was so lovely. We talked a little bit, I told him how much I love the films and stuff. I just wish I'd been more chatty instead of going all shy.

i was the same with Matt lewis, you genuinely dont need to start a conversation because he does it for you.

i went up and asked if he'd personalize it to me and he suddenly noticed my accent and asked if i were from Newcastle. he then proceeded by saying he likes visiting his friends in uni at newcastle but they're finished now and i told him he should come to Newcastle just to go drinking.

Let's face it, it's party central up here :]

i was the same with Matt lewis, you genuinely dont need to start a conversation because he does it for you.

i went up and asked if he'd personalize it to me and he suddenly noticed my accent and asked if i were from Newcastle. he then proceeded by saying he likes visiting his friends in uni at newcastle but they're finished now and i told him he should come to Newcastle just to go drinking.

Let's face it, it's party central up here :]

That's really cool :) He talked to me a little bit about my costume seeing as I went up to him wearing the death eater mask (but then took it off to talk to him) and asked me if I seen the photo yet since he remembered me from the photoshoot. He even made the effort to talk to my friend who was with me, even though she wasn't there to get his autograph, which we both thought was amazing of him. He was just so lovely and such a gentleman, he stood up at the end when I said how much I love the films and can't wait for the next ones and said thank you so much and shook my hand. It always blows me away a bit when people like him are so so lovely and down to earth. It was the same with with all the star wars people we've met. My friend told Jeremy Bulloch he's amazing and he immediately turned to say "did you hear that? I'm amazing!" to someone. When we met them at another con, Dave Prowse chatted to us for ages and was so lovely, and Paul Blake seemed so humbled by the fact that my friend was telling him how much of a legend he is.