Guest experiences

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Browder.. Well done on him for coming in after I heard what happened a few days ok

What happened a few days ago?

Edit - Just found out he lost his father

And he was so lovely too - his talk was great, he was very charming and amicable, cracked tons of jokes .. I wouldn't have known he was in mourning had I not read it, and I don't believe any of the people attending the talk knew/were sure for no one said anything. Poor guy!

Hi All

Kristanna Loken!!! Wow,what a guest!! She was polite, friendly and of course EXTREMELY beautiful AND she remembered my name at the photoshoot :blink: !!! Please get her back again.

Oh yeh GREAT show,GREAT crew (as always !!). Can't wait for "Collectormania London".

Thanks again to Jason and all the crew!!!

I was so tired after Saturday, but it was an amazing atmosphere.

I met:-

David Nykll- who recognised me from Manchester even though i havent had an autograph off him before (I was very impressed with that). He was really nice to talk to and I have to say much love the crew who let me and my friend go up for a photo after we had got the auto casue we forgot to ask him while he was there.

Ben Browder-much respect for him being there, and he was really chatty with me and my friend (he has the same Big Bang Theory t-shirt of rock/paper/scissors/Spock/lizard)

Matt Lewis-he was such a sweet heart and completely unfazed by me getting him to pose with wands at his photoshoot. @LisaMarie I think you were in front of me in Matts queue, were you with another girl in a Trek science officers uniform?

Virginia Hey- she was so nice and warm, and just fantastic!

William Shatner- now I was quite worried going in to this cause I'd heard that sometimes in the past hes been a bit of a let down. But he was giving eye contact and thanking everyone, so top marks to the bloke. He looked tired but there was still a fantastic presence arouind him.

To all the crew you were fantastic, to all the cosplayers thank you for letting us all take photos of you (Alien and Predator dancing, ROFLMFAO) and to everyone I had conversations with in the queues, you were all awesome!

:thumbup:

Matt Lewis-he was such a sweet heart and completely unfazed by me getting him to pose with wands at his photoshoot. @LisaMarie I think you were in front of me in Matts queue, were you with another girl in a Trek science officers uniform?

Yus that must have been me, I was with Lucy in the Matt Lewis auto queue and she was in a blue trek costume. :) (*knows nothing about star trek so I couldn't tell you who she was! oops*)

Shame we didn't speak!

Wish I'd spent longer talking to Matt... I just couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't completely scare him such as: 'BTW, your hot'

Haha.

Yus that must have been me, I was with Lucy in the Matt Lewis auto queue and she was in a blue trek costume. :) (*knows nothing about star trek so I couldn't tell you who she was! oops*)

Shame we didn't speak!

Wish I'd spent longer talking to Matt... I just couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't completely scare him such as: 'BTW, your hot'

Haha.

I was the girl behind you with the Deathly Hallows book that had the Weasley twins and Malfoys signatures on. We spoke briefly but it was pretty short queue.

:P

Shame we didn't speak!

Haha.

I was the girl behind you with the Deathly Hallows book that had the Weasley twins and Malfoys signatures on. We spoke briefly but it was pretty short queue.

:P

Oh of course!! Apologies, my memory is appalling.

Awesome book... I need to start getting a DH book signed by people. Grr, wish I'd realised that before LFCC! Haha.

I went on the Sunday, just for 3 people this time:

Matthew Lewis - absolutely lovely guy!!! Very friendly, very chatty, and happy to do a posed pic at the table. He was the highlight of the con for me!

William Shatner - I only booked a photoshoot with him, so wasn't expecting a lot of interaction, but he turned and smiled at me as I was going into the photoshoot, and acknowledged my "thank you" with a nod, as I left; I was very happy with that!

Dante Basco - he was also really nice; had a brief chat, and he seemed really friendly. He actually walked out from behind the table to give a better pic, which was sweet of him.

Bring on the next event SM!

Echo :thumbup:

i guest assisted Tom Morga on Saturday and he was ace. i wish he was my uncle lol. A fan from germany had come over especially to see him and he brought him round the back with the guests for the day which the fan later then whispered in my ear that his dreams had all come true at once aw!

My favourite guest was Matt Lewis, he was so kind and genuine and talking to everyone as equals and like his mates.

had a wicked weekend i'm so sad that i can't crew for a while due to my growing baby bump!

Kristanna : the highlight, so sweet, so beautiful, very talkative. A pleasure to meet. Could not resist but make a 2nd photo shoot on sunday :P Too bad she cannot come to Gent in Belgium in October. Funnily she said she was born in Ghent, small town near N-Y.

Lenora : very lovely lady and very funny too. Her mother is Belgian!

Russel and Adrian : both very nice and very chatty. Glad that Russel was making photos over the table as I could not buy a Being Human shoot.

Shatner : only met him at the photo shoot, very quick but glad to have met a legend. Waiting for my pic to be sent though. Hope it's okay (I'm sure it is with the brilliant work of 2..3... I mean Malcolm :thumbup: )

David Nykl : made a funny photo shoot with me again. He recognized me from last time and signed the photo with a comment "Did you write this bulls***?". The story is that I'm a scientist, he plays one, so I brought 2 scientific papers and we made a shoot of two scientists arguing about some theory. Hehe it turned out to be really good again! :)

Katee : lovely as usual even though she was extremely busy. Gorgeous with red hair.

The Vampire girls : very nice and beautiful, not extremely chatty though. They were a bit shy and inexperienced with these events I think. Very pleasant though.

William B. Davies : so glad about my pic with him. He was really nice although indeed not extremely chatty.

I probably forgot one or two names but globally, a very nice experience. Saturday was really crowded and really tiring with all these photo shoots clashing or so but eventually everything went well.

Finally, a HUGE thank you to Too Tall for saving my day once again and sorting out my problem very efficiently as usual. Cheers mate !!

Matthew Lewis (he even let me and my friend record a message from him, for our other friends who couldnt make it!), Daniel Logan and Dante Basco were really great and probably some of the friendliest guests i've ever met. BRING THEM BACK !

:)

Edited by Ella

Meeting the legend that was Shatner was amazing

Understandibly not too much time to talk at the auto signings, I said what I wanted to but not sure it registered.

Big moment - 'where would you like this canvas signed' and the smile he gave as the second attempt photo was taken which has made a fantastic photo (even the security guy agreed!)

What a guy and looking forward to meeting him soon. :P:uhoh:

Virginia Hey was lovely - very chatty, happy to do photos and such a lovely person too!!!

Ben Browder - well just one look at those baby blues is all I have to say!!!

(I could get into farscape just for that!!!!) :P

:unsure:

Edited by 7 of 9

Okay, i went on sunday and here's a brief summary of my guest experiences with each of them. :P

Matthew Lewis was genuinely friendly and interested. He was just really easy to meet and talk to. He was also happy to give hugs in the photoshoot which was really nice of him. Top guest for me. I'd love to meet him again. :P

Andrew Clover had his own thing going. :P Ended up talking to him about making a film he told me i had to make. Brilliant experience with a guest for me there then! Not had that before. Also had his own version of 'Posed photographs'. I think he said he was aiming for " Genuinely creepy". Brilliant man. :D

I also liked meeting Liz Sladen. Despite the unexpected popularity of her auto desk she was still trying. I do feel sort of bad for her, she obviously wanted to spend more time with people but was being rushed along. She remebered me from the photoshoot too which was rather nice too.

Tony Marshall was also rather conversational and a friendly guy. I think it was a nice place to start my day meeting him. Talked about his appearence at the end of Ashes to ashes and how he was happy to be asked. Great guest. :D

Geff Francis was also friendly but I didn't really get much from him except a hello and what's your name unfortuanately. If i'd had something to say then my thoughts on him may have been a bit different but for me he unfortunately became 'just another guest' which was a shame.

Have to say i was a little dissapointed in Edi Gathegi. Lacking enthusiasm i think. (I know you can't win them all but it's still bugging). However saying this, despite ruling out certain things at the photoshoot he did look like he was trying to make a better impression there.

Sean Young was a bit down too i think. Well at least she was when she'd just come in. I do however think she settled into it and became more friendly later on though. Bad timing on my part that one. However it was still nice to meet her. Her photoshoot was rather comfortable too and they turned out well. She did appear to be friendly enough and I am glad I met her.

Overall some great guests. If I had a bigger budget then I could have met the three/four other guests on my list... but alas, twas not meant to be. Will save up in advance for next time. :D

:YAHOO:

Edited by Kirayuki

I shall refrain from my opinion about Edi Gathegi... though in the talk he was funny!

Tyson Houseman was adorable!! Loved him. Nice chap!! would gladly see him at an ET event in the future!

I only went for the twilight dudes :) and it was my first LFCC... enjoyed the day as a whole though.... was a giggle and really interesting to see and meet lots of people. I would go again for sure!

Edi wasn't what I was expecting at all!!What was with the no photo thing and facing away from the table when he didn't have que so people couldn't take sneaky pics??? But saying that I had my five year old son with me and he was great with him giving him five and everything so not a bad experience just wasn't what i was expecting.

In the talk he stepped it up!! Tyson was lovely

I'm glad he was nice with your son :)

Edi didn't even bother looking at me and yet asked me to move over and I thought maybe I'd done something wrong and I was like "oh sorry" then I realised he was looking past me and just wanted me to shield someone takin his pic. Was not impressed! so as he was more concerned with that he spelt my name wrong on my poster :D

Edited by BeckiUK

Did anyone meet Nicola Cunningham ? she was the lady who played the zombie woman who appeared in the garden near the start of the Shaun of The dead movie- the bit where Shaun Pegg and Nick Frost were throwing the vinyl records at her .

She was brilliant . we had a bit of a chat about the film and then I asked her if she would pose for a pic and pretend to be a zombie. I was really suprised when she agreed -She pulled a great face for the photo. Classic !

I shall refrain from my opinion about Edi Gathegi... though in the talk he was funny!

Tyson Houseman was adorable!! Loved him. Nice chap!! would gladly see him at an ET event in the future!

I only went for the twilight dudes :) and it was my first LFCC... enjoyed the day as a whole though.... was a giggle and really interesting to see and meet lots of people. I would go again for sure!

Edi wasn't what I was expecting at all!!What was with the no photo thing and facing away from the table when he didn't have que so people couldn't take sneaky pics??? But saying that I had my five year old son with me and he was great with him giving him five and everything so not a bad experience just wasn't what i was expecting.

In the talk he stepped it up!! Tyson was lovely

I'm glad he was nice with your son :)

Edi didn't even bother looking at me and yet asked me to move over and I thought maybe I'd done something wrong and I was like "oh sorry" then I realised he was looking past me and just wanted me to shield someone takin his pic. Was not impressed! so as he was more concerned with that he spelt my name wrong on my poster :lol:

i am feeling SO bad for you right now. i hope the rest of your experience was great. i mean seriously.

Ben Browder.. Well done on him for coming in after I heard what happened a few days ok

Please excuse my ignorance, but what did happen?

Great convention this year, way better than last year and we really enjoyed that one!

My personal experiences....

Virginia Hay, totally sexy woman! So sweet and chatty. She has had Avian 'flu several times which is why she was always using her hand wash. When I asked her if she'd mind if I put my hand on her shoulder as we took her photo, she stood and wrapped both of her arms around my neck really tight! She was lovely! And she had a hint of some sort of body scent on that was really subtle but gorgeous. An ace and beautiful lady.

Kristanna Loken was lovely too. A real stunner. We talked about Painkiller Jane and that our son really liked her in T3. She was happy to pose for a photo with us.

Sean Young. I think that she was a little taken back about the number of fans she had, but she said "hello sweetheart" to me and when I asked if it was ok if I had a photo with a beautiful woman...she smiled and just unwound like a lithe and graceful cat as she stood up next to me. I swear she has NOT CHANGED ON BIT between Bladerunner and now. Lovely.

Katee Sackhoff. I assume that the red hair is for a role, it was unusual but looked OK. KS was also chatty and charming, as we spoke about her role in the recently ended 24, which she said she enjoyed doing. Again another posed photo with a top genre, leading lady.

Elizabeth Sladen. Dear lord this event was just crammed full of beautiful women! Considering that ES is one of the senior cast members from Dr Who, you would never think it by looking at her up close at an event like this. Yes our chat was a little rushed but she acknowledged us and spoke kindly to our son Luke (because of the Sarah Jane connection) and she gave me a lovely, warm but shy little smile when I told that I thought that she was quite beautiful.

Jeremy Bulloch. Great guy. Spent a good time chatting with him. He was popular and deserves it. And what terrific hand writing! We had always meant to get him in the past, but had always been on too much of a budget to get everyone we wanted then...so tis time we made sure he was on our 'must get' list.

Julian Glover. Another top notch British veteran. Our son as totally made up with Julian because he found a picture amongst Julian's selection from one of the lost Hartnell WHOs, playing Marcopolo. Whereas we got one of the good B/Ws of him as the General from EMPIRE.

Danny Logan. Great young man. Really friendly. Had a conversation with my wife about his fabulous hair! He asked if she liked it the way it was and when she told him that she did, he said that he would keep it that way! When we asked if a photo was OK, he put his arm around our son and beckoned my wife over with..." get over here...beautiful!" Charmig and friendly young man.

Sean Pertwee. What can we say. A really cool dude. Talked about Event and Soldiers and also Operation Goodguys. He was just the coolest bloke there. I was struck at just how much he resembles his father in both face and voice.

The Shatz. Much better than at CM-MK. He really was making the effort to speak to folks and I just could not fault him. So much better (mad fans aside). We got him to sign the classic "Kirk in his command chair" phot from his selection.

Tom Noonan. Again, a little taken back by his popularity I suspect. He signed the "arms outstretched" MANHUNTER photo. Another cool fellow. I told that in all honesty I really did prefer his version of Dollarhyde to Ralph Feinnes' version and he smiled and said "yeah...mine was much better"

Great show folks. Many thanks to all involved behind the scenes as well, and the stewarding was also very much better/smoother this time around too.

I went to get Edi's autograph for my sister who was not able to make the event on the sunday and the guy who I paid and got the photo from wrote her name on the back of the ticket in clear, bold letters, I went over to Edi who had not had a customer for a good five minutes or more (I was stood near the signing area on my phone so saw that this was the case) and he had his back turned reading something. The assistant gave him a nudge and he grunted and turned around and went into signing mode without even looking up, first of all he spelt my sister's name completely wrong and I had to go and get another photo - no problem with that as I wasn't in a rush or anything and as he was signing for the second attempt the assistant double checked the spelling and said that it was correct. As he was handing it back to me I explained that the autograph was for my sister who was a huge fan and although I appreciated there was no posed photos I decided to ask if he would mind whether I took a photo of him holding the autograph for her as it would make it that much more special, before he could talk the assistant practically shouted a NO! and I was left with no uncertainty that this was my time to leave despite the (lack of) queue behind me.

Now I can fully appreciate that actors and actresses get cameras shoved in their face all the time and they must get annoyed at times - even at these events you get people standing a few yards back and taking pictures of guests whilst signing so I thought it would only be polite in this case to ask for permission from the guest himself due to the autograph not being for myself but he wasn't even given chance to speak.

Finally to make the whole experience a complete shambles I looked at the autograph whilst walking away only to discover that he had spelt my sister's name wrong AGAIN!! - and this time it had been double checked by the assistant too, I mean I know the bloke has quite an exotic name himself but really, is Nicola a rare name?!! Is there any reason that it should have first been spelt Ncol and then on the second attempt (which I ended up with) Nicoli?

I suppose I should have gone back for a third attempt but to be honest the underwhelming attitude of both guest and assistant just made me think otherwise. Just glad I wasn't the one who was a big fan and hoping for nice memory of the meeting - I had to be diplomatic with my sister as well when I handed over the autograph that she had spent good money on only to discover it wasn't even made out correctly to her - from now on whenever she is watching the films I will be cheering a bit louder when his character meets his grisly end!