Guest experiences

William Shatner - very quick but better than I expected.

William B Davis - was really nervous about meeting him but didn't need to be. Very friendly and quite chatty. Actually looked - I think, anyway - younger than when he was in The X-Files.

Elizabeth Sladen - quick but very pleasant. Told her the autographs were for a friend's children and she happily posed for a picture for me to send to them, despite having a quite a long queue.

Brian Murphy (how many others spotted him on Sunday?) - lovely. Had a brief but nice chat with him about his time on George and Mildred and he was very happy to pose for a photo.

Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker - what can I say? Guest assisted Dave on Saturday so was sat between them and they kept me entertained all day.

Tiring but brilliant weekend. Roll on the next one.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time I only went in to see William Shatner and William B. Davis -

I went in to Shatner on Saturday (thank you so much to the crew who ushered us in at the last minute!) and it was quite a quick thing - but then, he was about to leave~ Went back on Sunday to get the photo from the talk signed - and he remembered me! He said "back again? come back one last time eh?" XD; I was very happy~~

Also, William B. Davis, who I adore - had a nice chat with him on Saturday, and he gave me a nice hug in the photo shoot ^__^

Yeh I saw you...there were a few Amy Ponds floatiing around but you were one of the best! At the least your hair was better than some of the dodgy wigs I saw!

Thank you. :) There were quite a few Ponds hanging around, and a dozen or two Doctors as well!

Only really went to LFCC for Matt Lewis. xD Decided last minute to cosplay Amy Pond and ended up having an AMAZING day.

But, the third and last time I met Matt I had just received my photoshoot with him about 5.30pm on Sat and ran to get him to sign it before the end of the day.

He was lovely, again and before leaving I said 'It's been lovely meeting you today'

And he said: 'You too' and winked at me. I may have swooned. Lol! <3

Just saw your Pond Cosplay...excellent. As pretty as KG. Come along Pond!!

:crying: Thanks.

Which of the Amy Ponds were you might I ask please? And did you venture over near the Vampire girlS at any point?

I agree that Liz Sladen was rushing through but then she was incredibly popular, we did not manage to get a photoshoot for her.

I agree that she was fairly popular but just the fact she couldnt stop for another 10 seconds so I could finish giving her a compliment was a bit insulting.

It doesn't help with the fact that I a majority of the guests I wanted to see were attending on saturday and liz sladen was attending on sunday. As I could only go one day and as I really wanted to meet her. I sacrifices meeting the other guests I had in mind for the sake of meeting her. Doesn't feel worth it after how the experience was :crying:

From this there were only 3 guests (including liz) that I had left to meet) ]:

Edited by JaySchluffy

I agree that Liz Sladen was rushing through but then she was incredibly popular, we did not manage to get a photoshoot for her.

I agree that she was fairly popular but just the fact she couldnt stop for another 10 seconds so I could finish giving her a compliment was a bit insulting.

It doesn't help with the fact that I a majority of the guests I wanted to see were attending on saturday and liz sladen was attending on sunday. As I could only go one day and as I really wanted to meet her. I sacrifices meeting the other guests I had in mind for the sake of meeting her. Doesn't feel worth it after how the experience was :crying:

In Liz's defence, she was told by a crew member to hurry up. She was quite happy to talk to everyone but when she was told to hurry it along, she apologised to the line.

Lenora Crichlow, was fab talking about Sugar Rush was really nice when had photoshoot with. :crying:

William Shatner, said hello and goodbye looked particularly tired on saturday. :grump:

Mike Tyson, only had photoshoot was happy to say hello, goodbye and thank you. :WAVE:

Kristanna Loken, only had photoshoot was really nice. :(

Julian Glover, what a lovely man, had a chat about Indiana Jones signed my book and said he hadn't seen that before. :(

In Liz's defence, she was told by a crew member to hurry up. She was quite happy to talk to everyone but when she was told to hurry it along, she apologised to the line.

I'm with you on this reddragon. She was very lovely to me and apologised that I was waiting a while. I told her it was fine and it was to be expected at events like this. She smiled and said something along the lines of wishing most people were as understanding as I was. It was a shame for her. It seemed like there were people who were getting a bit nippy about having to wait. Poor thing. :grump:

I guess it just depends on timing at these things doesn't it? Cos I didn't get much out of Ben Browder yesterday whereas others did. It's a shame, but it happens. They are only human at the end of the day.

Edited by pamela86

I can see what you mean (and its most likely accurate) but the situation I had was quite the opposite of that (it might have been rushing to get signings done for the sake of her Q&A that would start in an hour of when I went?)

But like I said Liz signed my item, took the next persons with barley a word to me with the showmaster crew member looking a bit shocked and mouthed "sorry" to me sympathetically.

Very odd ]:, in some sense I'm just glad it wasn't like that for many other people from what you said.

EDIT: I mean I agree with what everyone said about it, I would just be a bit calmer about it if I didn't have to sacrifice other guests who would only appear on the sunday. Luck of the draw sadly.

Edited by JaySchluffy

Which of the Amy Ponds were you might I ask please? And did you venture over near the Vampire girlS at any point?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/x_u..._x/Amypond1.jpg

^Thats me... I was in the black shorts/leather jacket. I was only there on Saturday, as well.

I didn't consciously venture over to the Vampire Girls no, but I'm sure other ones did! Hehe.

Yeah I did feel sorry for her as she is a lovely woman to talk to and is very much fan friendly. She is a genuinely great person so if you were rushed through today, it wasn't her fault and don't be put off from meeting her again. Shes's great.

Yeah I did feel sorry for her as she is a lovely woman to talk to and is very much fan friendly. She is a genuinely great person so if you were rushed through today, it wasn't her fault and don't be put off from meeting her again. Shes's great.

I do hope so as I always did like her as I was growing up. At least I got the signature I wanted, so that something :P Just out of curiosity does anyone know how frequent she is to conventions? I've only been to cons for the past 2 years and was the first time I saw her attend.

Heres hoping next year will be better!

Edited by JaySchluffy

I shall refrain from my opinion about Edi Gathegi... though in the talk he was funny!

Tyson Houseman was adorable!! Loved him. Nice chap!! would gladly see him at an ET event in the future!

I only went for the twilight dudes :) and it was my first LFCC... enjoyed the day as a whole though.... was a giggle and really interesting to see and meet lots of people. I would go again for sure!

Edi wasn't what I was expecting at all!!What was with the no photo thing and facing away from the table when he didn't have que so people couldn't take sneaky pics??? But saying that I had my five year old son with me and he was great with him giving him five and everything so not a bad experience just wasn't what i was expecting.

In the talk he stepped it up!! Tyson was lovely

I do hope so as I always did like her as I was growing up. At least I got the signature I wanted, so that something :P Just out of curiosity does anyone know how frequent she is to conventions? I've only been to cons for the past 2 years and was the first time I saw her attend.

She was at a convention June 2009 and I think it was 2007. Knowing how popular she is though I should think she would be back soon. Here's hoping.

I'm sure it will be. I'm real sorry that you had a bad experience with her. Did you join her queue quite early in the day when she was very busy? Cos I waited a bit longer and got her about 3ish when she was slightly quieter, and possibly had less pressure on her to get through things quickly.

Again, as reddragon says, don't let it put you off. She really was very nice. I hope the next time you see her, she'll prove just that :smile:

I'm sure it will be. I'm real sorry that you had a bad experience with her. Did you join her queue quite early in the day when she was very busy? Cos I waited a bit longer and got her about 3ish when she was slightly quieter, and possibly had less pressure on her to get through things quickly.

Again, as reddragon says, don't let it put you off. She really was very nice. I hope the next time you see her, she'll prove just that :smile:

Hey thanks for the kind responses it does help a lot! I joined the que at about early 2pm the que wasn't extremely long but it did move quite slowly (so i'm assuming someone ahed was talking a fair bit and they had to compensate) I didn't mind the que at all I just wanted to meet her. Ill keep an eye out if she's ever around again as I got the big Doctor Who 1-4 box set signed (which im slowly building up with signatures from the cast so it really meant something to meet her and get her sig to me) and would like to get a classic dvd done at some point.

Thanks for listening guys :]

Only met a couple of guests this time.

Firstly I met David Nykl, it was a brief meeting despite nobody else being in the queue, he didn't seem to want to talk for long. However he was nice and friendly and he briefly mentioned a film he's been working on.

Second and final guest was Shatner, wasn't expecting much, didn't get much, wasn't too impressed though.

Okay, I'm totally exhausted and I don't even know if I can still write in English but I'll try anyway :P

I met quite a few blokes this weekend: Dante Basco, Matthew Lewis, Edi Gathegi, Tyson Houseman, David Nykl, Ben Browder, Virginia Hay, Tom Noonan and I think it's all.

Dante Basco was so nice! Very chatty and friendly. I was very much impressed! And had a photo with him :)

Matthew Lewis was a sweet-heart, as all the HP guests I got to meet till now. Just love him!

I was quite of disappointed by Edi Gathegi. I had met him once before and he was in such a brighter mood! So I don't know, maybe he was tired or something, but yet... :/

I only got a few secs with Tyson Houseman, but from what I saw, he seemed to be quite friendly and smiley :)

David Nykl was really friendly! We talked a bit in French, it was so funny!!! I also got a pic with him :)

I was crewing not far from Virginia Hay on Saturday and I decided to meet her on Sunday cause she was so nice! And I didn't regret it!!

About Tom Noonan... Well I was his assistant on Saturday so I got to talk to him a lot about so many subjects! That was just great =DD

So all in all, a great event with awesome guests! Will post my pics in the other topic in a few minutes =)

Edited by Dellefyne

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/x_u..._x/Amypond1.jpg

^Thats me... I was in the black shorts/leather jacket. I was only there on Saturday, as well.

I didn't consciously venture over to the Vampire Girls no, but I'm sure other ones did! Hehe.

Ah ok, cool photo and well done on the likeness. Liz was particularly interested in the Ponds that came nearby, that's why I asked (I was with her and Gabriela on Saturday).

hi only went to meet kristanna loken and edi gathegi but ended up getting getting auto & photo with katie. i had only just out of hospital and was very weak but was determined to meet kristanna.

kristanna loken - lovely, chatty she is a lot taller than i thought totally worth the journey. have not got my photo because left early being sent.

edi gathegi - he was ok he we chatted he asked me about my t shirt he seemed tired. in photo session he was good. i do have a theory that he may have had weeks and weeks of these events and other events where the die hard twilight fans attended and from stories i've read and heard they can be quite mental(not in bad way just over excited) perhaps he was expecting the same here. just my theory. as i didn't mention twilight or seem interested in twilight perhaps he was more comftable with me just my thoughts.

katie sackhoff - met her last year she is really nice happy to pay £15 for auto just to say hello she remembered me. told her i enjoyed her performance in 24 and nice to see her in a differant role. the photo session was great.

great day wish i had been 100% but as i shouldn't had been there i'm happy.

simon

:D I came for Miss Sladen and absolutely she was adorable.

We had a chat, hand shake, joke and a photo :D

I wanted a photoshoot and was told they sold out (almost cried had tears literally came for her) and she was more than happy to have a photo on my mobile.

Thank you showmasters helpers and the lovely lady who took my photo iv been smiling all day :)

Everyone was amazing as always. Bear with me I have gushing to do on my favs.

Shatner: OMG! I've met him before and all but eeeeeeee!!! He spoke to me, I touched the man in the shoot! Shatner himself! Anyway, calm again. Great talk, one of my fav guests.

Ashes/Mars: Geff, Andrew and Tony were all STARS! Had a long chat with each of them, especially Andrew. Andrew and Tony even spotted me later as they left and said goodbye. Lovely gentlemen!

Katee: :wub::blush: So lovely and pretty and awesome! *swoons*

Everyone was so great, not a bad word to say about anyone I met! :thumbup:

Didn't see Shatner, but my dad went in this afternoon while there was no que, and my sisters said he was in there chatting to him for ages cos no one else was going in. =) I don't think I've ever seen my dad so happy!

Ack, SO JEALOUS. I thought about hanging around until it was an open queue in case it meant longer time with him...but I'm still really happy with my own experience. I probably wouldn't have had the nerves to have a proper conversation, anyway...I barely get starstruck anymore but I was shaking while I was waiting in line to meet him and grinning like an idiot for the rest of the day (and today, come to that).

I did come for two guests but just got the one auto and photo shoot of Virginia hey. She is really lovely, in the photo shoot after the photo she asked if her hair had gotten over my face. She also commented about my jumper twice. In all it was worthwhile my trip to get there :)

Edited by maegurwen