Guest experiences

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither, I had been impressed by Edi, dissapointed actually....

Matthew Lwis was the best, the sweetest, took time to talk to me, had a nice conversation and was posing for photos. Lovely guy!!!!!!!

Danuel Logan was cool and funny and seemed to enjoy himself (driving R2D2...)

Katee was nice, was talking a bit and personalising even though she was busy.

The Being Human trio were absolutely adorable. I met them in the morning and got a few words, handshakes and personalisations from each of them. Aidan Turner was very late but he was a sweetheart when I met him not long after he started signing. It sounds like they were much busier later, though.

Katee was lovely - she comes across as very Starbuck in real life, though looks quite different with the red hair. I was telling her I'm working through Battlestar on DVD and am halfway through season three and she was very keen for me to see the finale.

Shatner was way better than I was expecting. He was smiling, laughing, seemed to say a few words to each person (that I saw) and was doing the knuckle knock if you wanted one. After all the horror stories, I wasn't expecting him to even look up but he and his assistants were, I thought, professional and even nice. It was clear he was already exhausted (probably jet lagged) but I'm so glad I got to meet him.

Edited by Siren

I shall refrain from my opinion about Edi Gathegi... though in the talk he was funny!

Tyson Houseman was adorable!! Loved him. Nice chap!! would gladly see him at an ET event in the future!

I only went for the twilight dudes :) and it was my first LFCC... enjoyed the day as a whole though.... was a giggle and really interesting to see and meet lots of people. I would go again for sure!

I only met Star Wars guests and Daniel Logan was certainly the best followed by Robert Watts and Jack McKenzie. Also found Ken Colley to be more talkative than normal, but that was probably because although i was getting a star wars pic signed we talked about a production of Shakespeare's measure for measure which I saw and he said nobody normally talks to him about lol.

I only met five people and four of 'em were absolutely adorable;

Kristanna Loken - Very warm and more than happy to sign the final season of The L Word, even though she wasn't in that particular season told her my friend loves her and was gutted she couldn't make it to meet her to which she seemed generally touched.

Sean Pertwee - By far one of the most down-to-earth people I've met. He went out of his way to talk as opposed to just signing and being pleasent a true gent.

Jeremy Bulloch - Again another gent who was more than happy to pose freely for pics.

David Prowse - Had time for fans even though he was probably answering the same questions over and over again.

I met Greg Rucka and he was a great guy, had a good chat with him, Matthew Waterhouse was good however I was extremely tired by the time I got to him so didn't have much to say!

One experience I did have that was a bit annoying was finally meeting Liz Sladen. It was extremely brief get in, write name, get out system. I tried to give her a compliment of her past work mid signing of my item. As soon as she was done she passed it back to me and took the next ignoring what I said. I think we interacted for about 10-15 seconds...

With William Shatner, it was hardly surprising that both the autograph and photo lines were HUGE, with the former a little more organised. Naturally, being so popular it really was an ‘in-and-out’ experience. No chatter, no personalisations. I can fully appreciate why this is and truthfully it didn't bother me at all.

Robert Rankin was as warm, charming and dapper as ever. He always has a tale to tell and every show he’s at I always pick up his latest book, this time, ‘Retromancer‘. He even signed a limited print too while we talked for a moment about his yearly appearance at LFCC.

Sean Pertwee was cheery and full of his usual brand of swagger. Happily added ‘Sausages’ to my ‘Dog Soldiers‘. Just as I suspected, it wasn’t the first time he’d done that!

Tom Noonan looked somewhat nervous but was nonetheless polite and friendly. I figured it was probably that he rarely does conventions and therefore was somewhat overwhelmed by the reception he was receiving.

Julian Glover was a complete gentleman in every way and really rather busy. Very quiet but utterly charming. Whilst signing my ‘Quatermass & The Pit‘ DVD, he asked me if I still thought the film stood up today. I do and said so. It remains not only one of my favorite Hammer movies, but one of my most treasured flicks of all time.

Greg Rucka was just exceptional. After signing the story ‘Delivered’ from the ‘Hellboy: Odd Jobs’ collection, we talked about the origin of the story and it’s inspiration. He proceeded to tell me about the time when working at DC in NYC when, at the end of the day he and a few of the DC guys would sit at sundown in Central Park and have a smoke. As dusk set in, he would marvel at the change in the park’s population. Change as in species. Rats. Hundreds would descend at twilight to relcaim the park as their territory and this, Rucka recounted, unnerved him somewhat (‘Delivered’ tells the tale of Hellboy loosing his gun (the Samaritan) in Central Park, whilst looking astounded at the rats taking over the park in a similar fashion. In his attempt to discover who (or what) has taken it, he is introduced to Mick, a six-foot talking rat, who arranged for the theft of the gun so he could introduce himself to Red in an attempt to forge dealings with the BPRD. A quintessentially ’Hellboy’ notion)

Only met Kristanna and Katie but both were very warm and friendly.

Kristanna was my main reason for going to get a pencil drawing signed. She actually took time to have a good look and was so flattering with her comments. She actually asked if it was okay for her to put her own particular comments on it. We then had a conversation about whether it was my career or a hobby. When I said the latter she said I should be selling them as I was better than lots of the stuff she sees at shows. She's actually made me very inspired to maybe pursue this avenue.

Will try and post the drawing soon :)

I met so many to list..

But I agree yesterday Edi was so miserable

Virginna Hay was amazing n she touched my breast in the pic and gave me a cuddle

Ben Browder.. Well done on him for coming in after I heard what happened a few days ok

Russell Tovey - Got to see I loved him eyeing me up.. and I have witnesses

And to many others ho were great...

Was goot to meet old and new freinds too..

My 2nd Con and this one is going to be hard to beat!!

Only really went to LFCC for Matt Lewis. xD Decided last minute to cosplay Amy Pond and ended up having an AMAZING day.

But, the third and last time I met Matt I had just received my photoshoot with him about 5.30pm on Sat and ran to get him to sign it before the end of the day.

He was lovely, again and before leaving I said 'It's been lovely meeting you today'

And he said: 'You too' and winked at me. I may have swooned. Lol! <3

I had a wonderful time with all the guests I met

Ben Browder - As charming as ever :-)

Virginia Hey - Such a sweetie, I always love meeting her

Russell Tovey - Got to admit I swooned when he put his arm around me for a photo

William B Davis - He was really nice even if he was a little quet

Tracie Simpson - Was so chatty! A really nice warm person who was very personable. A real sweetheart

All in all a great day

D x

Only really went to LFCC for Matt Lewis. xD Decided last minute to cosplay Amy Pond and ended up having an AMAZING day.

Yeh I saw you...there were a few Amy Ponds floatiing around but you were one of the best! At the least your hair was better than some of the dodgy wigs I saw!

But, the third and last time I met Matt I had just received my photoshoot with him about 5.30pm on Sat and ran to get him to sign it before the end of the day.

He was lovely, again and before leaving I said 'It's been lovely meeting you today'

Just saw your Pond Cosplay...excellent. As pretty as KG. Come along Pond!!

Kristanna Loken. Nice & friendly, quite chuffed when I mentioned she was cute.

Andy Robinson. Chatted about the school bus scene in Dirty Harry & how he hoped the kids in it weren't still traumatised today!

Virginia Hey. Chatted briefly about TLD and as always very friendly in our photo, smelt really nice too!

Daniel Logan. Poor lad seemed a bit knackered today but still made an effort.

Sean Young. Met her after she came back from lunch, short & sweet but got a decent photo with her.

Tony Marshall - He was absolutely lovely, always laughing, me and my sister and her friend dressed up as Gene, Sam and Alex and he came underneath the table and took a photograph with us. He was so nice!

I also had a photograph with Matthew Lewis and he was really soft and nice.

I also had a quick word with Wendee Lee when she signed my Cowboy Bebop Movie. She was really nice as well.

Yeh I saw you...there were a few Amy Ponds floatiing around but you were one of the best! At the least your hair was better than some of the dodgy wigs I saw!

Thank you. :) There were quite a few Ponds hanging around, and a dozen or two Doctors as well!

Just saw your Pond Cosplay...excellent. As pretty as KG. Come along Pond!!

:D Thanks.

I agree that Liz Sladen was rushing through but then she was incredibly popular, we did not manage to get a photoshoot for her.

I wanted to meet William B Davies but chickened out as i can get quite shy when I like somone so I walked up and then ran away. (such a dummy) You can tell when I get all fangirly that I have wanted to meet him for a while.:D

I was with Kirstin who was dressed in the black dress with grey wig, it was great to meet other cosplayers and thank you for making her so welcome.

Apology to anyone I should have said hi to but I forgot my glasses so walked around squinting as i could not see very far. :P