London Crew Hotel?

minshy17

Hiya,

Has anyone had the email with more information on location of the hotel? Its leaving it a bit close and due to the hotel not having parking available anywhere and the location being in the congestion charging zone i am now having to book coach tickets but i need to plan my journey.

I also read online that the you have to provide your own duvets for the room which i am hoping is for the students only as if i now have to get a coach i do not want to be lugging my bedding on the tube with me!:P

Thanks

The e-mail should have arrived, there was a post here saying someone received it on Saturday.

If you haven't got it yet, please e-mail Andrew.

i have the email saying what hotel we are in, but i have looked online and there are a few possible locations as to where this is. The email also said that a further email would be sent out on Monday/Tuesday with further details and maps. i have not had this yet.

i have the email saying what hotel we are in, but i have looked online and there are a few possible locations as to where this is. The email also said that a further email would be sent out on Monday/Tuesday with further details and maps. i have not had this yet.

I am waiting on this email too

I am waiting on this email too

i'm waiting for the email too. hope we receive it today

• Showmasters Admin

Just got the follow up email.

Says there will be 2 sites. Does this mean that we have to go to each one to see which we are in or is there a main building we go to?

There should be a follow up e-mail soon to tell you which halls you will be in.

Just got the follow up email.

Says there will be 2 sites. Does this mean that we have to go to each one to see which we are in or is there a main building we go to?

There should be a follow up e-mail soon to tell you which halls you will be in.

This is the follow up email I think

Please find attached more details on the accommodation for LFCC. We will be split across 2 halls and to pre-empt the question, we do not know who is in which hall.

Anyway details of both sites can be found by clicking on the link below.

I know the area so if you've any questions about food/transport/etc around the halls, then feel free to ask.

Both places are very close to the museum district, South Kensington tube, buses....Harrods....

One is old (~120 years maybe), and I expect the rooms for crew will be up on the top floor, some possibly overlooking the Royal Albert Hall. Being the Union building, it is normally very noisy during term time, but due to renovations to the bars, no-one should be around.

The other is the most recent halls, only just completed last summer, so everything should be shiny and new (depending on what the freshers have been doing there).

Again, questions=ask

3 days!

EDITED - See below for explanation.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

All please don't name the crew hotel here on the forum. We prefer that the public do not know where it is, we've had some issues in the past with people trying to sneak in and take crew rooms.

We will be getting an email out to you all as soon as it's confirmed to US which hall you are in.

ah i've now had to book coach as there are no parking facilities and the coach fare has doubled since i checked yesterday

Still £20 return not too bad

Is there going to be a crew bus to the venue from the hotel? I looks like 2 miles away or am i being a geography biff?

*EDITED* Please do not use disparaging remarks, even in jest. Thankyou.

Edited by DisneyDude78

Not if you have an Oyster Card!

Though 25 minutes? That's nothing. I will be walking and saving the cash.

Kip

Look at you being all fit :cylon: Well it will burn off the drink i have, so i shall walk to most likely :P

I'm so confused :P it doesn't take a lot to tell the truth.

I've not had the second email yet but I can get that off my room buddy, are we walking to the venue then? I am gonna get so bloody lost, my sense of direction is terrible!! And i'm too poor to afford tubes lol

Andy - :) I'm special. And also do the 7 mile round trip into the city centre on a relatively regular basis to try and shift excess flab. This isn't really that bad!

Talie - everyone is free to do what they want. Some will probably get the tube or a taxi, some will walk. It's up to you.

• Moderators

It has always been a case of as long as you're there on time, it really doesn't matter how you get there :P

At MK, people only stayed across the road from the shopping centre and still got lifts in sometimes, so everyone's different :o

• Moderators

If there are people walking back after the event on Saturday, I'll probably walk with them and decide from that walk whether to walk in on the Sunday morning or take the tube...

(Unless it's tipping it down, in which case I'll probably tube it...)