Few Questions....

emacute

Hi there :lol:

They are always working on guests, but never announce until the contract is confirmed, so we won't know if they have more until they are announced I am afraid, but there is nearly a month to go, so who knows :D

The hilton backs onto the NEC which has a weatherspoons in there.

The hotel has bar meals too, and whenever a con is on there, they seem to have a few reduced priced options.

In the past, people have ordered in Dominos, but i would find out the number for the local dominos before you go as they took away the takeaway ordering screen a little while ago that used to be in the hotel lobby.

*Edit*

Phone number for Dominos in Solihull which we used last time, not sure if they still deliver, but you could check with them before you go

0121 7455444

Will root around for a previous schedule from another con for you for times now, give me 2 mins..............................

**Edit**

Here is a link to the Schedule for ET3 - but ignore that Jamie was signing on the Friday, that was due to him attending an awards ceremony in London on the Sunday, so he had to leave early - I know this is a different show, but it gives you a rough idea.

Starting times could vary within half hour sometimes

Eternal Twilight 3 Schedule

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=57119

Chevron 7.4 schedule (but it kicked off a little late there)

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=56049

If you take these as a rough guideline, a schedule is usually released in the week before the con

It had reg desk 2 - 9pm

Dealers room 4-7pm

Opening ceremony 7-7:30pm

Gold pass reception 7:30-8:30pm

Party 9pm til late

Edited by Rhianydd

There are also places to eat at the airport (Burger King, Wetherspoons and Frankie and Bennys)

It is a bit of a walk but not too far away. You just have to walk through the NEC up towards the train station and get the free monorail to the airport which runs every few mins so you don't have to wait long for it.

yeah, thats why I relied on them, was so much easier. :D

Can't remember if they had them at Autographica in April, I remember Kev going out and driving with the boys to get pizza one night

Could just be a manager was cutting down for a while and hopefully they will have them again :crying:

At the concierge desk, They even had posters that said something like "pizzas available at bar - as good as dominos" or something like that

Edited by Rhianydd

At ET3 and Autographica they werent giving out menus for places that deliver to the Hilton as they wanted people to eat the Hilton food instead. Instead they gave me a very unhelpful yellow pages (dated 2006-2007!!) So i ended up ringing the Papa Johns number in the phone book and they gave me the number for the Solihul Papap Johns which is the one that delivers to the Hilton.

Dominos will no longer service the Hilton - was there in June and the guys ended up ordering from Papa Johns (some were very ill the next day though - ask Too Tall)

Michelle

Every time i stay at the Hilton me and my roomate/s order Papa Johns and have yet to get ill. I dont usually eat any other pizzas except Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. Papa Johns pizzas are the best!!

And Pez, i hope you and Kirsty know that i will be ordering Papa Johns at Roadhouse :thumbup: Usually there is some left over for breakfast the next day too :D

Edited by Emmeh

At ET3 and Autographica they werent giving out menus for places that deliver to the Hilton as they wanted people to eat the Hilton food instead. Instead they gave me a very unhelpful yellow pages (dated 2006-2007!!) So i ended up ringing the Papa Johns number in the phone book and they gave me the number for the Solihul Papap Johns which is the one that delivers to the Hilton.

Dominos will no longer service the Hilton - was there in June and the guys ended up ordering from Papa Johns (some were very ill the next day though - ask Too Tall)

Michelle

Every time i stay at the Hilton me and my roomate/s order Papa Johns and have yet to get ill. I dont usually eat any other pizzas except Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. Papa Johns pizzas are the best!!

And Pez, i hope you and Kirsty know that i will be ordering Papa Johns at Roadhouse :D Usually there is some left over for breakfast the next day too :D

thats fine by me that was one of my plans of action anyways :blink: